Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski movies on Netflix

Poster: A snowHead
letsgetpiste wrote:
@kitenski, Chalet Girl is still there. Cinematic classic!

not that far fetched from in my experience apart from actually winning the competition
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
from
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/prettyfaces

i like this one for inspiring my two daughters.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hawkwind wrote:
Another one we watch is frozen, not the Disney one but the wolves one

Frozen was 90 mins of my life I'm never going to get back. THE worst ski related nay worst film I have ever watched IMHO.

Chalet girl rocks even though it is as cheesy as a ripe Brie.

Andy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't find any on my Netflix Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just finished watching "Chalet Girl"... Glad you mentioned it, most enjoyable, many thanks - going on the favourites list! snowHead

+1 on Frozen (or should I say, -1?). We paused the film when the 'crisis' hit, and calculated we'd have had someone off the lift in about 15 minutes to ski down & raise the alarm (remove as much clothing as necessary to tie together to make a sturdy rope, strongest skier shimmies down, pull 'rope' back up and untie, throw skiers clothes down with skis, get dressed while you wait for help, laugh about it on the bus home) but then OUR film version would have been a tad boring... We actually made a trial 'rope' using trousers, bras, socks and jumpers (from the laundry basket, I hasten to add), just to ensure our methodology was sound. In fact, that was actually more fun than watching the rest of the film... Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
(Of course, our solution was great in theory, and before we'd ever ridden a chair lift or put on a pair of skis... I'm now waiting for 100 Snowheads to tell me why our plan wouldn't work!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
100 Snowheads wrote:
Amunah, your plan wont work Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ha ha Smile

We also discussed this in detail , with the ski poles being an option , tying them together and lightest one descending via that method.
Or jackets and salopettes as you say.

We got stuck on a lift for a while last year and it gets seriously cold after about 5 minutes so not sure how that would work taking the clothes off or how long you would have bearing in mind its dark and getting colder all the time.

Then the lone skier finding their way down in a panic in the dark and off piste being over the chairlift , be hard to imagine as well.

Probably the most boring escape would be taking your mobile out and calling someone Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Removing skis, boots and salopettes while sitting on a chairlift would take some serious effort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sure, now that I've actually been skiing and realise how difficult it is to retrieve a hanky from a pocket on a chairlift, I do feel obliged to adjust my original escape plan's timeframe: bearing in mind you don't need the rope to lower you all the way down - just enough to make sure you can drop safely - and the length of rope obtained from three pairs of salopettes is...

Wait, FFS, why do I even still care about that sh*te film/plot?!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chalet Girl on Film4 any minute now!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No mention of the Plake classics?
"Blizzard of AAAAGHHS"
... ' A documentation of our ski-world of 1988 ... It was a joyful and carefree time'. Verbier was my favourite. ... Above the queue for the gondola at Medran, TV screens showed this movie - on loop.
(

http://youtube.com/v/kJdyPZPcRYU&list=PLcHps-HJU90DR23mCJg4_VbHoqzK2URsO
) extracts.

Then, later, there was: -
"A Fistful of moguls"

http://youtube.com/v/lzQKDslU3Bw

http://youtube.com/v/ausvn9sTaME extracts

Pure joy recorded on film.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/QlU5v694CKI
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another MSP film just popped up, not sure if it's bee posted earlier

http://youtube.com/v/PGP3nKk3-Dc

On another note, actually paid to download Supervention the other day, not seen it before but has immediately gone to top of my list of ski films, alongside Days Of My Youth. Always enjoy films that are well shot/scored but also like the mix of park/big mountain/urban and some of the set pieces (particularly the urban stuff) are amazing. Also the skiers seem to be remarkably resilient!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^^
Excellent.
latest report
I just watched Meru, not about skiing but extreme climbing in the Himalayas....amazing hi-def photography. It has a little bit of skiing in it.

http://youtube.com/v/qdWzTqyMtSU
snow report
Anyone know if the new Warren Miller film is any good? It's in Exeter tomorrow but not sure if it's worth £13. Might just save the money for a film that I know I'll probably enjoy more.
ski holidays
@SkiPresto,

If you have not got BoAh's you can get it on DVD as a bonus with STEEP.

Only problem they have not made any effort to remaster so quality by todays std is poor. About on par with my copy I made on DVD from the original VHS.
latest report
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Love the JP Auclair street segment from All I Can, watch it on average once a month on Youtube!!

NOw superseded as a favourite by the Bobby Brown segment from Days of My Youth

https://vimeo.com/139500574

Not particularly bothered about the Bobby Brown bits, it's the Alan Watts speech, tune and the younger skiers that I think make it a great piece. In particular the kid from about 1 minute in who has far more style than I can ever hope to have. The look on his face in the slo-mo bit is absolutely classic, exactly how I feel when I'm skiing Very Happy
latest report
"Ride the Maltese flamingo......"

I got a DVD of Maltese Flamingo with a personalised dedication signed by Greg Stump for Christmas. It's awesome snowHead snowHead
latest report
swiftoid wrote:
"Ride the Maltese flamingo......"

I got a DVD of Maltese Flamingo with a personalised dedication signed by Greg Stump for Christmas. It's awesome snowHead snowHead

Nice snowHead

Have most of the old Greg Stump movies love watching them. You can get them direct from Greg Stump's company some in box sets of 3 so pretty good value.
I love the scene in License to Thrill when Kim Reichhelm bounces off a tree because she treated it like a slalom gate.
latest report
For me, the only ski film genre is feelgood/comedy/slapstick

All the classics... for a millennial I like the old stuff best

Blizzard of Aahs Very Happy
Les Bronzes Font du Ski NehNeh
GNAR Cool

And back in 2017... all the Line Travelling Circus youtube vids... those guys have the Gaffney genes...Madeye-Smiley
http://youtube.com/v/b3XK2ltT_T0

Always a reminder of how amazingly lucky we are to have such affordable access to the mountains in this age and how feeling snow under the skis should bring out the loony little kid in all of us snowHead
snow report
Saw 'Snow Guardians' a year or so ago - documentary rather than a film but worth a watch

Snow Guardians from F9photo
https://vimeo.com/74417821
snow report
Anyone seen this!!
It's on Now TV movies rather than Netflix.

http://youtube.com/v/yD-7B7CqEjo

latest report
@Drammeister, dilemma: ski movie good, zombie movie bad. Actually, I just watched the trailer ... no.
snow report
henzerani wrote:
@Drammeister, dilemma: ski movie good, zombie movie bad. Actually, I just watched the trailer ... no.

Have you never seen Dead Sno? Absolutely awesome Norwegian humour.
snow conditions
Is that a thing - Norwegian humour? I shall look it up.
snow report
Anybody remember Ski patrol? Haven't seen it for year so not sure how it holds up
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, I watched Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies last night and I would say it does fall into the 'it's so bad it's good' category.
Lots of gory ski/board related zombie deaths!
snow conditions
@2planks Supervention !!! great movie must watch Supervention2!
ski holidays
Never mind ski movies, House of Cards is back! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@Hurtle, YAY
latest report
Force Majeure is on Film 4 tonight at 11.10pm
snow report
ster wrote:

Pretty nicely shot though didn't really give a poo-poo about the main plot which was largely bollux. That Tormund lays down some sweet pow lines when he's not fighting the undead north of the Wall.
snow report
A good place for ski films, as opposed to "movies" is Red Bull TV https://www.redbull.tv/discover

Have watched a number of films on there including: -

Shades of Winter
    Pure
    Between

All of the above from Shades of Winter, films by Sandra Lahnsteiner.

In addition to those: -

La Liste
    Fade to Winter
    Days of Youth

Quite a few others on there as well, including some featuring people on trays wink
snow report
@Izzop, ha read through the whole thread to see if anyone had mentioned Redbull TV... Its available as an app on Smart TV's, Firesticks etc. Oh and I'm all about the trays.
snow report
@Snow Hound,

I'm surprised it's free, as there's some great things on there.

You might be interested in http://www.fullmoonfilm.com/ if you haven't seen it already. Not available on Red Bull TV as far as I know, but a worth while watch if you ever get a chance.
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
ster wrote:

Pretty nicely shot though didn't really give a poo-poo about the main plot which was largely bollux. That Tormund lays down some sweet pow lines when he's not fighting the undead north of the Wall.

Certainly wasn't what I expected. Nice and quiet on the resort slopes though, must have been out of school holiday times. Wonder if they got fined when they got back for taking their two out of school.
snow conditions
not ski related but there is a series called Urbex on RedBullTV and its toe curling!
gets me yelling at the tv to wise up and hiding behind a pillow Smile
snow report
Twelve. Great movie, full version on youtube

http://youtube.com/v/zN0FQUuMMJ0
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy