Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lake district 14/15

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Could still be good by Saturday. Freezing level not getting too high until Sunday when the wind also picks up significantly.

Desktop website is better than the mobile one I think. All the info is there. In terms of opening times the facebook group is where most folk go.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
In terms of opening times the facebook group is where most folk go
Not on Facebook....rolling eyes Really can't face being told what people from work had for tea; or how they were locked out 'cos they lost their keys (Both real life examples I have heard being discussed at great length. Yawn).

My loss! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Webcam has stopped reporting but there should still be enough snow and some fresdh from this last week. The tow will run today.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some recent photo from the are are on here http://www.lakedistrictweatherline.co.uk/index
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
webcam updating now

https://www.flickr.com/photos/raise_up_dated_pics/16389875063/

snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fantastic day in the Lakes today. Wall to wall sunshine on the slope. Spring has finally arrived in the north with the daffodils out and even the grass needing a cut yesterday !

Fabulous forgiving snow. the pics dont really do the quality of the skiing justice. Only Savages and the bottom of Presidents skiable below P4... but wow we laid some high speed turns down today. Sadly tomorrow may be the last day of the season here. Looks like another great day with perhaps a bit of cloud around in the morning.
http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,4114

What a season 14/15 it has been. The tow has run for more than 40 days. Not quite the ridiculous depth of snow as last year, but much better weather. There has been skiing on Raise every weekend since mid january except two. Had a chap turn up from London today. Set off at midnight. Thats dedication sH:
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

http://youtube.com/v/roFGyGWj53E

^^ Drone footage of someone skiing the Helvellyn head wall and skiing on the Raise from the weekend snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great footage, showing how great the weather was yesterday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The English season isn't quite over. The new snow falling this week means that both the presdients and savages are complete again

The bottom 150m still has a deep base. The tow will l run tomorrow from 11 till 2 pm

Its a few years now since the last time there was lift served skiing in England in May Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've came across a couple of mentions of ski descents off Catstycam.

One from a local guide from a few years back and another in an old Lakeland climbing book written by one of the old boys who helps build the original Raise hut (according to the book.)

Does anyone know where is the most likely line off there and have any idea when it was last in condition ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Y gulley is the extreme route on the north east side. Conditions have been good the last two years with descents in both years.

This year it would have been in condition in February, March and perhaps early April.

Haven't done it myself but it looks a good line. I wonder what the likelihood of a third excellent season in a row is ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Peter S, I pulled out the OS map last night and think I see the line. I may have some photo's of that face from the day I did a Raise a couple of years back - I'll see if I can find one.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Y gulley is in the shade on the left hand side of this pic
http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/displaypic.php?id=31700,4114#start
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Peter S, Cheers Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

^^ This is the one(?) in Winter condition.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy