Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy 14/15

Poster: A snowHead
Situation is no better in Les Arcs (especially Villaroger), La Rosiere or even really in Val/Tignes. Val, in particular, with no return by ski to resort level, will be carnage over Christmas week.

If La Rosiere can get the link over to Italy open, that might be the best shout as I think they have a little more snow over there. The Petit Saint Bernard area looks very snowy (by comparison with everywhere else!) from the valley floor, but I don't have any solid info.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thats worth knowing...cheers Stevo
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stevomcd, Yes thanks, fingers still crossed for more snow in Ste Foy!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
theres people sledging down the hom run on the webcam........Xmas is back on!!!!!! LOL
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Partial opening on Saturday 20th confirmed (as described above).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
better than nothing......and suppose it means don t have to refund bought passes ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had a 'live chat' with someone from the Tourist Office (the annoying thingy that keeps ringing everytime you go on the site, thought I might as well make use of it!). Anyway they confirmed upper slopes not scheduled to open yet as very thin and no snowmaking but that today's snow will have helped and may make it possible soon. They made the very fair comment that any forecast beyond a couple of days isn't particularly reliable . If they do manage to open the chair to the Col de L'aiguille and the Marquise chair at some point next week that will make a huge difference.
I know it's a pain for us but it must be a nightmare for those working and getting ready for the one of the busiest weeks of the year.
At least things look a bit whiter now with today's snow, just hope it doesn't get washed away tomorrow!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
did they say it was still snowing!!!!.......
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
can t see a thing on teh webcam, looks like the chalet to the right is on fire............

think its glare from the lampost
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They did indeed:-

OT de Sainte Foy says:16:09:19
the only thing I can say it is that it is snowing now
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OT de Sainte Foy says:16:11:34
the snowfall of today will maybe be enough to open the top... we just have to wait and see what's happened...
Philip Burnett says:16:12:56
Ok , thank you very much. We will keep our fingers crossed (and bring our walking shoes just in case!). It's good news that it is snowing now, hopefully it will be nice for everyone out over Christmas.
OT de Sainte Foy says:16:14:15
yes fingers crossed is a good idea
OT de Sainte Foy says:16:14:43
yes, it will be white... you can contact me later during the week in order to know if we have more
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Its only snowed about 5cms up until an hour ago according to my son who has been there over a week waiting to go skiing!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just when we were about to break out the champers!!!!!!!!!

LOL
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would say that's a very pessimistic assessment. There's 5cm in my garden down in Séez. Bear in mind too that in resort it's falling on warm-ish, wet ground and a lot of it will have been lost. On the hill, it's falling on snow (hopefully). Plus there's always at least double at the top compared to resort.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll raise a glass to that!
snow report
outside the bars in resort just got a picture sent on my phone must be 4 or 5 inches now and looking good for more over night, HB
snow conditions
Post it up!!!! Very Happy
snow report
Looks like it should be fine?

http://instagram.com/p/wuMMShNeKv/
snow conditions
Was still snowing lightly this morning when I checked the webcam at the top of first lift!! Let's see if it can hold out over the next few days when the temps shoot up!
snow report
@BiG_tYrOnE, do you have a link to that webcam? I've only been able to get the lower cam , it would be good to see how it's looking up the mountain.
snow report
It's webcam number 2 on the ste foy website. It's a bit temperamental but when it opens go to the drop down box in the top left hand corner and change it to JPEG and it should work
snow conditions
Freinds heading out for Xmas week have just been offered 30% discount to not cancel their booking in Ste.Foy. The manager contacted them, not the other way round and said that as less than 50% lifts will be open, (that must be like 2 or 3 there?) that they could cancel on their insurance for a full refund, move to Feb half term foc or take a 30% discount on their Xmas week booking.

So start haggling or reading your policies as it's now officially worrying!

I'm posting this as I don't think a lot of people are getting the truth from holiday companies.

Another group of freinds who booked La Rosiere with a well known tour operator have been told all areas will be open by the 20th, really!!!

I walked the dog up their today and noooo way is that going to happen.
ski holidays
which firm was that JPH ?

surely everyone would have paid in full being so close to check in date ??
ski holidays
The manager has asked them not to name the actual company in blogs, but it's top drawer customer service.

Let's just say it's the biggest in the resort at my guess.

They have opted to be moved to Tignes to a residence owned by the same company at no extra cost.

Good call, and I'd book with them in the future knowing how well they treat customers.
ski holidays
And yes, they were fully paid up months ago.
ski holidays
@BiG_tYrOnE, Thanks, that's a handy tip! Not looking too bad up there and the rain doesn't seem to have done too much damage lower down.
Hopefully last nights snow will have helped the cause of opening the upper slopes.
latest report
seems to be some hope of a significant cool down from 26/12...hopefully accompanied by some snow.

Still so far out to put too much faith in it, but better than it looks currently
latest report
We'll probably all end up struggling up the hill in our cars on the 28th cursing the snow!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
EDIT: Ok, I give up. Facebook doesn't seem to want me to post photos any more.

snow conditions
Quote:

I'm posting this as I don't think a lot of people are getting the truth from holiday companies.

Please just bear in mind that it's not the fault of holiday companies that the snow is not as good as we'd all like. If we were taking bookings today and telling everyone that the snow is awesome, then that would be dishonest, but we're not.

Giving people their money back would be a lovely thing to do, but it would also send a lot of small operators under, which wouldn't do much for those who have holidays booked later in the season.

I've never seen a travel insurance policy which would allow you to cancel your trip and get a payout in the event of poor snow conditions, but most will cover or partly cover the cost of cancelled lift passes, lessons, etc. as well as the cost of daily travel to an alternative resort.
snow conditions
I don't think anyone blames the holiday companies, chalets, resorts etc over snow conditions. But I do think that some companies are very selective over how they are portraying the conditions currently. I see both sides of the coin, but telling clients it will be all right on the night, when clearly it won't, is a bitter pill for any hard working family taking a Xmas ski trip.

Expedia and similar companies refund in full if conditions are classed as "unsuitable". Yes a very wide interpretation, but they are refunding in full for Ste.Foy Xmas week, so somebody made the call on it today and that would be in resort I presume?
latest report
If there's anyone from Expedia in Sainte Foy, I'll eat my snowboard...
ski holidays
Hi Phil - if you get desperate you can always drive down the hill to Villaroger like you suggest and join me top of Arc2000...! Thx for the card, btw.
ski holidays
Lol.... Stevo!!!
snow conditions
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1724249_10153393058691258_495202036862277794_n.jpg?oh=cf2fa720dfb6d904e5512f4f349c8490&oe=5540A2C1&__gda__=1426354673_4bcaca4f0b9d82d6d10fe286e8d96a2a

Well that seems to work for me at least. Bottom of 3rd lift, midday today or thereabouts. Not my photo, one of our staff skinned-up.
ski holidays
@bobski62, Hey Bob, yes that could work well, lets see how things look in a week. Hope you're still joining us in Ste Foy for NYE. We've booked a night in Chambery on final Saturday so will be up for a day in Les Arcs on way through.
snow conditions
opening partially tomorrow...the 2 nursery carpets and the red, Arpetaz (red down from second chair) - download via the first chair

hoping to open the blue down to resort sunday apparently
snow report
That's not great , hope they manage to get a bit more open over the next week. I hope they are offering a discount on lift passes for those out over Christmas.
Forecast not looking too inspiring at the moment.
ski holidays
Lift passes will be at (at least) 50% reduction this week. Day / half-day passes only. No longer term passes are being sold.
snow conditions
I see the lifts are running this morning, doesn't look like many passengers though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy