Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea snow 2014/15

Poster: A snowHead
Well we skied over there on Thursday but got over late so only did the blues back down to the gondola and on down into Bogeda (sp???) and the snow was really good then, I'm sure there will still be snow high up. We were gutted we couldn't get back over on Friday due to the winds.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@FireballXL5, blimey, that's not ideal, we're out there in 10 days...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Friday and Saturday were not great due to the high winds shutting some of Sestreire off. The first 5 days in the higher aspects of the Sauze bowl were good but we were unable to get across there on Friday and Saturday. It needs to cool down and reduce the temps so they can get the cannons on the slopes. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hopefully the conditions will improve.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Starting to look better according to various dumbed down forecast sites Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I live in Italy and recently in the" via lattea " comprensory there was a lit of wind,so closed implants.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/Montgenevre_snow.html

looks good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And this.....

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sestriere/6day/mid
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And http://www.bergfex.com/sestriere/wetter/prognose/

only a top up but a whole lot better than nowt as we're arriving on Sunday Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Landing in Sauze tomorrow so keen to hear any updates from resort.

Has the much welcome snow arrived in any great quantity and how are the pistes shaping up?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Like to hear from you when you get there as well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Will try to give eyeball report on arrival.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Currently in Sestriere. Great day, mostly powder today (Friday), still snowing so tomorrow will be another great day for skiing. Those arriving on Sunday shouldn't need to worry.

If there was a way to post pictures from my phone of the 10cm+ on our balcony then I would.

Have fun! snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Kav, Thanks for that, glad to hear that is sounds you are having a good time.

Have you explored the other linked areas beyond Sestriere? Haven't been to Via Lattia before.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sequoiaboard, only went to Sauze D'Oulx when it was a bit icey in Sestriere. The overall piste keeping was much better in Sauze, and the slopes seemed more 'together' and easily accessible. The link was shut everyday but one due to wind.

It really depends on where you're staying in Sestriere. The North and South facing mountains can seem a distance apart if you've got a beginner with you, but otherwise it's only a couple of chairlifts away.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any news on the state of the Via Lattea since the latest snow ??
snow report
It was brilliant when we left on Sunday if that helps......
latest report
All the links apart from the main Mont/Clav one appear open, have you found this website, tells all - http://www.vialattea.it/language/en-US/Multimedia/Bollettino
latest report
Pretty good here in sesrtiere. Pistes in lovely condition until about 3pm then occasional bur rare patches of ice and a handful of pebbles but really nothing to worry about. Pisteurs doing a fantastic job.light snow since 3pm so all good.
ski holidays
Is it still snowing ???

Hoping that someone is going to post some pics Happy

We're off to Montgenevre at half term so fingers crossed the link is up from Montgenevre to the rest of the Via Lattea.
snow report
A first visit to VL from 8/2 with some friends. Will post my thoughts and some informal snow reports. staying in S d'O.
snow report
The Monty to Clav link is open just not currently the other way round. Simply get yourself up lift95 LE ROCHER DE L'AIGLE and head down blue/black 100
snow conditions
@Mark1863, Look forward to it. Haven't been there yet but on to do list
snow report
Thanks @sequoiaboard, Mark1863, & @Embraer, I'm not going to Sauze until March, but keep 'em coming.... all adds to the build up snowHead
ski holidays
@sequoiaboard, @Embraer, ditto what @scubadancer said, we're out to Sauze on Thursday!
latest report
bruisedskier wrote:
Is it still snowing ???

Hoping that someone is going to post some pics Happy

We're off to Montgenevre at half term so fingers crossed the link is up from Montgenevre to the rest of the Via Lattea.

When is your half term? We're heading out Feb 21 for a week...me kids, sister and her kids. Staying at Orso Bianco.
snow conditions
@HeidiAmsterdam, just back from there.........heading back out 1 March.
ski holidays
Currently in Montgenevre, last two days has been very light snow and grey light conditions. Link to Claviere still closed. A few pistes over Montgenevre side still closed, but conditions skiable and a bit limited, but hey we are skiing, our chalet is right opposite chalmet lift, just about to have a bowl of soup and then back out. Might drive to sestriere tomorrow or Thursday.
ski holidays
What about the link to Claviere over the top?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HeidiAmsterdam, out for 15th back on the 22nd. We're in a Crystal Chalet Orson.
snow report
@Embraer,
yes but the lift up from claviere we need back is ferme
snow conditions
Not much snow due in next week or so. But time yet before I go for things to change. Just posting to see the birthday boy bit under my name. Actual age number is too large to print here! All I can say is I have to wear shoulder and elbow pads and have to use a ski mojo. Enough said
snow conditions
@Mark1863, is that your year of birth wink
snow conditions
Its the year they have carbon dated my fossilised bones to!

(also the founding date of the Rowing Club I retired as Captain of in 2012- I am often asked if I was a founding member. At a towering 5ft 6" an obvious sport for me.)
snow conditions
There is a thread on here about Crystal Reps being useless but the Claviere reps couldn't be further from this. Latest tweet from them @claviere_ski has the Clav/Mont link open from tomorrow but that's one way into Monty
ski holidays
About four inches of snow fallen in last.24 hours. Pistes lovely and grippy today in sesrtiere and sauze. Saw a fantastic circular rainbow around the sun with another third of a rainbow directly above our heads today. Despite the clouds and light snowfall the viz was surprisingly good in the trees. Masses of untracked offpiste right next to every piste. Pistes quiet.locals SO friendly and food and drinks etc so affordable, can't see myself ever returning to the French mega resorts Smile
snow conditions
@sequoiaboard, sssshhhhhhhh
ski holidays
Timbobaggins wrote:
@Embraer,
yes but the lift up from claviere we need back is ferme

Lift 46 and red99 opened today, check the official list - http://www.vialattea.it/language/en-US/Multimedia/Bollettino
snow report
Yup, link open, skied over to sestriere today, snowing and very grey with flat light.
snow conditions
@Smokin Joe, agreed, @sequoiaboard, shhhh

great news!
snow report
Still snowing right now and has been since middayish I think. A nice top up. Anyone arriving this weekend really has nothing to worry about regarding snow levels.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy