Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea snow 2014/15

Poster: A snowHead
More snow due this weekend, possibly starting Thursday or Friday. We arrive in Montgenevre Sunday.

Would appreciate an end of week report on conditions. wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Found a pitch that no one seems to be skiing but still good. Up to Chalet Mollina. Off lift go left. Ski along ridge. Right at end and then left. Straight across pist on to track. You can get about 20 good turns in on powdery stuff and not tracked out. Still good after several days. Sorry hotel wifi is rubbish. Could not get on yesterday. So unplugged the router and plugged it back in and got in straight away. Pistes still good. claviere today.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow a good dump looks forecast for Sunday. It could be an epic week.
snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saw pics on FB from Orso Bianco...looking good for Saturday!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@HeidiAmsterdam, keep us updated the week your there......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
will do... not taking a laptop, and difficult to upload from the phone... but will do my college best.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
plan to go searching for SH"s on the day they go to Montgenvre though... a crash the bash move.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pistes were cut up in Sauze yesterday as expected after the snow on Sunday night and the link to Sestriere closed. Quite foggy in places so an afternoon in the Ghost bar it was.

Weather looks a bit cloudy this morning but the weather should break later in the day to sunshine. Well fingers crossed here it does.

Any Snowheads in Sauze this week?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@HeidiAmsterdam, Orso has a good wifi signal so you should be ok.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
it is the SH mobile app... @admin already knows about it. Talked with him extensively about this at the pre BB.

@Jerby, I'm coming in late Friday night, how long you there for?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry for not keeping you all well informed. Snowed our last day on Saturday. Anyone there this week will have a good time. Pistes in good condition in most parts. Montgenvere was icy last Friday. If you go there try the luge at €8.30 a hoot. On a monorail. Tip is only brake when it says you have to; unless you are a big wuss. Some pitches of off piste seem to escape being tracked out. For example up to the ridge with the masts from Sauze. Turn left off chair; then right and then immediately left down path. Across piste to path. Choose your place for up to 20 or so turns. Cross piste and keep going. Up chair again and repeat. Safe and a good learning area.
Wifi is bad in Sauze. At least it was in my hotel. Poor bandwidth. Hence it was always max'ed out. Resorted to leaning over reception counter and pulling the power cable out of the router; waiting 10 secs and then putting it back. That made me first in. I should be Embarassed but only way. Sometimes in France and Italy even connecting ipad will not find UK sites unless you first look a local one e.g Google.it if in Italy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:
it is the SH mobile app... @admin already knows about it. Talked with him extensively about this at the pre BB.

@Jerby, I'm coming in late Friday night, how long you there for?

We leave Friday night for the drive back to Dijon then home Saturday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow, just a ship passing in the night, first by @Jerby, and as I leave by @Smokin Joe,

Very uncoordinated participants on this thread... unless we were seeking synchronous chain attendance.

@Mark1863, Will try your suggestion on the untracked, which lift are you talking about. This is our first time in Sauze, so I would need a bit more instruction to find this.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HeidiAmsterdam,
Up the lift marked 11. Left off chair on to red run marked cresta That splits in 2 on the ridge. Right at split then left at next split marked oddly with an arrow to Sestriere. You arrive on the red piste 51. Go straight across it on to the path. The area below the path still had lots of good snow on it several days after a fall. Far from tracked out You will cross the piste and there is a flatter area the other side that was similar. Do not go too far right as there is a little gulley that caught my friend out to my amusement. Follow piste 47 back to the bottom of lift 11 and repeat. Not hard off piste but a good starter
The numbers are off the site skisauze.com map as mine was tatty and went in the bin.
Depending on where you are staying in Sauze determines if it is better to come back in by the clotes runs or the sportina ones. The clotes side brings you back into the main village and we used that. Somewhat oddly they fenced the last pitch on the Saturday afternoon in poor visibility for kids tobogganing. This caused chaos and a serious accident. The village buses run to their own timetable that bears no relation to those posted at the bus stops.
We ate in at the hotel so no recommendations on restaurants. Bars - depends what you like. We liked Ghost just down the road from the bottom of clotes. There was another more trad pub but cannot remember it's name. Follow the main shop,road in the village down hill, you eventually pass a water fountain marked 2006. Then a wine Bar sign and it's the next bar on the left. Both the ghost and this had live music on some days. A lot of the others were more in the Ibiza mode.
Enjoy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@HeidiAmsterdam,
If going too the other Vialattea resorts. We enjoyed Claviere. Montgenvere is a real hike and you will spend your day on lifts. We took a bus provided by the Tour Operator. Got there about 0915. Came back on bus about 4pm. If you can organise something similar than ok otherwise would not bother.
snow report
Thanks @Mark1863, Will put this in my phone to figure out once I'm there. We're staying Orso Bianco, top of the Sportina lift, so return option is then obvious... We've rented a car, but getting back on time may be a challenge as we need to uplift back to the hotel. Even if we ski over, it's a hike, though we have a bit of headstart being at the top of Sportina... We'll see.
snow report
Looks like more decent coverage (according to snowforecast.com) over this weekend and into next week.... hope this pattern continues over the next fortnight or so, ready for my arrival on 14th March snowHead

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sauze-d-Oulx/6day/mid
snow report
@scubadancer,

Flying tonight. I ordered sunshine. FWIW.
latest report
@HeidiAmsterdam, snowfall by night, then blue sky by day it is then... have a good one snowHead
snow report
Now booked for 15th March. Hope conditions remain good for the coming weeks!!
snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
Just returned home a few hours ago. Still waiting for my ski bag to show up. It seems that it is still in Paris. I reckon if it doesn't show up in Amsteram, I'll have to hike to Paris to fetch it, and I figure if I have to go to Paris to get my skis, I'll just keep going and make way down to Via Lattea.

We had a nice dump on the Saturday overnight while I was there, so Sunday was a huge powder party. I'm not so good in the powder, so fell a lot, but laughed a lot as well. Still managed to find untracked bits for the next few days, lots of sunshine. Packed conditions on the piste were very good. There was the odd icy patch, but that's it. It was snowing as I left, and one forecast said 15 cm of snow, so I"m curious to what will happen.@Smokin Joe, will hopefully give us an update.... would love to go back this year but sadly, I don't think that is very likely.
snow report
Anyone out in "resort" able to update on the weather and skiing conditions? Puzzled
snow report
Perfect above sportinia icy below but still excellent !
ski holidays
Thanks @Smokin Joe, just 5 sleeps to go for me now.... snowHead
snow conditions
I think my season is over, but don't want it to be...
latest report
@Smokin Joe, internet was seemingly slower than last year at Orso. Did you have issues? I had heard that last year it was better.

That's why I didn't post, just took too much time.
snow conditions
@Smokin Joe, thanks for the update.
latest report
Does this suggest there is snow for the weekend?

http://www.vialattea.it/language/en-US/Multimedia/Meteo
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Cymro66, looks like there could (should) be a couple of decent pow days at the start of next week. Arriving on Sunday 15th as part of a group of 18. Getting just a tad excited at this snow forecast. 😃👍
snow report
The famous (in Holland and also in Italy) meteomorris announcing another retour d'est.
Explanation of retour d'est https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.antonmagazine.be%2Fchapter%2F350&edit-text=

Meteomorris' original forecast in dutch http://wepowder.nl/weblog/5901/PA%2318-200-cm%2B-verse-sneeuw%3F
Google translated https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwepowder.nl%2Fweblog%2F5901%2FPA%252318-200-cm%252B-verse-sneeuw%253F&edit-text=
snow conditions
I'm really keen to grab a cheap flight on RyanAir. Boots and helmet in carry on, and then try to rent some decent all mountain ski's...as ski carriage on Ryan is less than cheerful.
ski holidays
Have arrived @ Sestriere. Snowing "heavily". Looks to be white out conditions, but some people still out on the slopes.
snow report
Thanks for the update - is it rain further down/how is everything holding up?

Looks like some clear days midweek to enjoy the fresh. Arriving 22nd so pleased to see there appears to be more snow on the horizon later in the week.
ski holidays
First day skiing. Low visibility, fog. LOTS OF SNOW 80 cm last night. Still snowing. Again low visibility. Powder on piste Smile
Tomorrow weather report about the same then good Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Then back to how it is now for Saturday but things change !
snow report
Guide mate was over there today and was just nagging to him on the phone, and he said almost too much.

This was posted four hours ago - we're now heading there tomorrow rather than Queyras Cool

snow report
Going to Sauze d'Oulx Sunday 22, hoping that conditions will be good Smile
latest report
Me too! Where you staying? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Savoia Debili....cheapest deal we could find......

What about you guys?
snow conditions
Grand Besson. Have you been to Sauze before?
snow report
nope, first time and looking forward to it.....on my 7th week so will take lessons in the morning but would be nice to meet up for afternoon skiing.....

what's your group size?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy