Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lessons in tignes val claret

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
H Everyone

I've only just found this forum and hope that someone can help. I'm going to Tignes val Claret with a family group over Christmas. The youngsters are in their 20s, but my sister and I are considerably older. I'm looking for advice on booking lessons for beginners. 5 of us will probably be skiing and 3 boarding. Can anyone suggest some options for lessons and ski schools.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Iwanttoski, Welcome to Snowheads
Have you looked at the Ski Schools in Tignes? or are you guys wanting private tuition.
Obviously as beginners the skiers and boarders will need separate instructors.
I know Stewart Woodward a fellow Snowhead is based in Tignes. I'm also "considerably older" than 20 lol and had a really productive afternoon with Stewart.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your response. I've looked at the ski school websites, but I wondered if anyone could offer some advice or comments on what they did when starting to ski. I think my choices boil down to a course of half day sessions over 5/6 days as part of a large group, or private instruction for those of us learning to ski on Sunday and Monday and Wednesday perhaps, so that we can have a day off in the middle to practice/recover or simple do something else and not be committed to anything on Christmas day (Thursday). On some of the websites it says that private lessons can only be booked when you get there. Is this really the case or is it just a case of google translate confusing me? Is it worth while emailing some of the schools. I'm interested to see what others found worked for them
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

On some of the websites it says that private lessons can only be booked when you get there. Is this really the case or is it just a case of google translate confusing me?

I've not come across that - and most ski schools in Tignes probably have an English version. Google translate is a bit of a desperate measure. What sites are you looking at?

You'll get lots of opinions - I think group lessons work well if you can get a small group (6 maximum is good). Stuart Woodward would be excellent, I'm sure, if not booked up already. I had v good lessons with Evolution 2 in Tignes.

Private lessons on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday would probably work quite well and might not be too expensive for a group of you - but if you enjoy the first few days you'll probably want to ski on Christmas Day too - it's an ordinary day on the slopes. When you start, unless you

Don't delay to book - the schools will be pretty busy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you. I'll look at evolution 2. It's good to have a personal recommendation
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All the English ski schools in Tignes are good too. Try Ultimate Snowsports, I know a couple of the guys and they are really good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you. when I did my initial search, neither of these names came up. I have emailed to ask for their availability as there are 8 of us.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Check out TDC (The Development Centre) - I had a great lesson with a lady there in Tignes. English speaking, very patient and helpful.

When I started to ski I focused more on a few private/semi private lessons rather than Ski school or group stuff. If I was learning with a group I knew (ie mates) then that would have been a bit different I think. General consensus from a lot of people here is that intensive tuition seems to be more effective rather than trailing around in a group. (depends on how good the tuition is as well) But will depend on your levels and whether you think you'd benefit more from one approach than another. I personally prefer the 1:1 input and then being able to put into practice on varied terrain then top up again with another couple of hours later in the week if need be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stuart Bernard, inependent ( Ski Focus) and Bass.
A trainer who instructs and coaches in the Alps and England.
if you want to ski efficienty and effectively, he is your professional
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stuart Bernard, inependent ( Ski Focus) and Bass.
A trainer who instructs and coaches in the Alps and England.
if you want to ski efficienty and effectively, he is your professional
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy