Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am off to VT in January with my wife, she is looking for a suitable ski school. She has 2 weeks skiing behind her from previous years and I guess is at the not a beginner, but not an intermediate yet..

any recommendations for a good school?

its got to be in VT.
Preferably a group (individual too pricy)
preferable 5/6 mornings of say 3 hours.
either English or instructors with very good English.
female instructor a bonus..

thanks..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used Prosneige for both private and group lessons before albeit on a snowboard and they were excellent. Their website is pretty informative and shows all the instructors speak english. I'm back in VT myself in January but this time with UCPA or I would be using them again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prosneige - smaller group classes than ESF, and very very good. I don't use anyone else in VT.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for prosneige, though I can only comment from having had kids and teenagers with them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the advice all.. looks like prosneige get the vote..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Digging up this thread!!

People still giving Prosneige the thumbs up??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having done ESF in VT a couple of years ago as a beginner, I'd go with the recommendations for Prosneige. With ESF my group was pretty large (10-12) and very much split into two early on. First group of those who were finding it easier (I was lucky enough to fall into this category) who were able to ski closely with the instructor, and got a lot of the instruction. Second group were given very generic tips and then pretty much left do it, I.e. catch up when we stop, few words of instruction then left to it again.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Northernhills, I was in a French group like that. It was supposed to be "confident on red runs" standard and only 2 of us were. The others included two women who fell over constantly and were an absolute pain, not taking any notice of the patient instructor's efforts to help them. I was irritated that they weren't put in another class especially when we couldn't do a lovely unpisted red run, which would have been ideal learning territory for the level the class was supposed to be. It wasn't a big group, just 7 of us, but a lost opportunity. Very cheap though. 80 euros. And it was good for my French.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, I think part of the problem with ESF was that after the initial sorting of groups on the first day they were very hesitant to move people between groups. I've been in ski school in Austria for the last couple of years, and that (along with smaller group sizes) has been the biggest difference. If everyone is at the same level it makes for a much more enjoyable week all round!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes prosneige!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a very memorable time with Evolution2 but that was many years ago.

It turned out that our chalet had two groups that week. I teamed up with the others, a bunch of mad Irishmen, and we rocked up one morning and said we'd like lessons. An instructor was quickly found and he was as keen to have fun as the rest of us. We had a great week.

But that's the thing about group lessons - the make up of the group is far more important than the company that employs the instructor. It only takes a few who won't 'play the game' for the whole thing to become dry and uninteresting. When that happens I just say to myself fook it and try to tuck in behind the instructor as much as possible. If they don't want to learn then that's their own look out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy