Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiski On2Off

Poster: A snowHead
Just confirmed my booking with Charlotte for her on2off piste course at the end of January, are any other snowHead going to be along for a first go at the ungroomed stuff?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davkt, She will make damn sure you enjoy it Toofy Grin Such a confidence builder.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And now that you are into gnarl start looking at the off piste bash Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off Piste Bash certainly on the cards for winter 12/13, think the on2off and hopefully the Family Bash will be this years mountain trips, and my 7 year old mini snowHead is most annoyed she will be with the ex (and in school) the week of the on2off and not coming along, though even last year the big problem was getting her to stay on the piste and not vanish off into the trees at the side so think I need Charlotte's help just to keep up!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 15-10-11 21:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davkt, No chance Toofy Grin My daughter is now 15 and we've both had lots of lessons with Charlotte over the years. I usually end up at Easter trying to be one of the "responsible" adults trying to get anywhere near the kids.

Outside chance I'll do the on2off, it's well worth if though especially if the La Grave finale comes off.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Well the 7 year old has announced she is going to teach me to ski switch having seen my Storm Rages I've just treated myself to! Agreed not a chance I'll keep up with her though in the long run even if I do sneak in a an extra week in the mountains to her each year. At least going over to the dark side has slowed my 11 year daughter old down a little bit!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davkt, you're in for a really great time. Have fun!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davkt, You just delay the inevitable! Mine is doing her BASI1 next summer. Charlotte is great but I remember her saying after a session a few years ago that my daughter would have done better had I not been in the lesson Confused She doesn't let you down gently Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B wrote:
[ She doesn't let you down gently Smile

Not a problem with me, much prefer blunt and to the point feedback!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davkt, You'll certainly get that! Fantastic tuition though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Deposit paid, just sorting flights and transfers so all excited, but over 1/4 of a year to to wait so Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Am v jealous.... no way I could squeeze that in too alongside 9 days at Christmas and then half term trips that are already booked.... will have to hope I can sneak a few days in at Easter. Kids had far more of Charlotte's time than the adults last year.... this was probably not the right way round!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
katedenhaag, it'll be this and hopefully the family bash for me.
Flights booked, only slight concern is its Easyjet connecting to the last transfer bus of the day rolling eyes but at leat the return flight is late afternnon so should manage to sneak in a couple hours skiing Saturday morning before heading home!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davkt, you'll be skiing till an hour before your transfer I hope. wink Its what I always do if I can.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, Yup thats the plan! Transfere is 12:15 so first lift to 11:15 (or 11:30 if I find somewhere near the bus stop to dump my bag!)
snow report
Just had to cancel this thanks to work Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Still that means if anyone wants it Charlotte now has a space on the sold out course.
snow conditions
Website / contact details for Charlotte please! I hear lots of good things
snow report
1969jma, it's www.easiski.com

I would have been on it myself but my daughter banned me, something to do with her 16th birthday!
ski holidays
Colin B, Thank you
latest report
Well my 8 year old is now booked on the Easiski hotshots in the second week of the Easter hols and Charlotte is thinking of possibly running another on2off that week so fingers crossed!
latest report
davkt, Interesting, but thought Hotshots was for seriously good teenagers? Not youngsters?
snow conditions
Chatting to Charlotte this year at least the teens will be there the first week and the second week will be mini hotshots (as she puts it).
ski holidays
Make that Hot Tots! http://www.facebook.com/groups/305228566202629/ week 2 of Easter will have a group of under 12s who can at least ski a red.
snow report
Might be interesting to put Jnr on that next Easter. We had an afternoon session with Charlotte when we went to L2A, and it was great, Jnr was in group lessons, but probably needs to get into a group pushing himself a bit more now. He's not quite a hotshot, but mini hotshot sounds about right.
snow conditions
I thoroughly recommend this. My daughter is 16 now and will have skied with Charlotte 5 years running this Easter. It's always with the same bunch give or take a couple, 4 per group. Her skiing has come on tremendously and she's going to do her BASI1 this summer. The families normally ski all together outside of lessons too, trying to keep up with the kids.
ski holidays
Thanks Colin. Jnr is 10 at the moment with 6 weeks skiing under his belt - 5 weeks in group lessons (3 x half day, 2 x full day), he's pretty confident, has good control, but occasionally does something silly. He does get cautious on very steep slopes and when it gets icy. He'll be 11 next Easter (we've already booked to go away this coming Easter), so probably a perfect age to start these.

I fancy the on2off week, but it'd mean having to come out on my own. Wouldn't be a problem for me, but the others may get the hump (OH is a teacher)! Especially as I'd be using up a week of holiday from work that I usually take during a school holiday.
snow conditions
hi Very Happy my daddy is davkt, he tells me that Charlotte is a good teacher. I am really looking forward to my holiday Little Angel NehNeh
ski holidays
tostertalby, Hi there and welcome to Snowheads! snowHead

Yes, Charlotte is an excellent teacher and you're sure to have fun! Enjoy your Easter ski trip!! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ThanksAlastair Pink, Little Angel
snow report
hammerite, tostertalby is 8 and has a couple of weeks in the mountains and 2 and a bit years of regular trips to the Tamworth fridge under her belt, guess learning at Tamworth is why icy doesn't phase her! I spend most of my time on blues yelling at her to slow down and put in some turns in but she does treat the reds with a bit more respect! Had a long chat with Charlotte before booking her in and she thinks toaster will fit perfectly into the hot tots.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 26-02-12 22:37; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
snowHead I've been to the snow dome it is kind cool! I have been going there since I was 5 and first learnt to ski there, I don't mind ice !Laughing
ski holidays
Thanks davkt & tostertalby. Something to seriously consider for next Easter.

Jnr is interested in starting with the ski club at MK. We'll see if he manages to get his homework done regularly and can handle the late(r) nights, and I'll think of taking him down. You never know I might join in too!
snow conditions
According to Charlotte there are a couple of places left on hot tots (8-12 years old, must be able to ski reds) if anyone has any mini snowHeads to wear out in the second week of the Easter hols!
snow report
Updated:: website problem looks fine to me now.

I looked for an email contact but couldn't find anything.

Mike

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 28-02-12 10:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
olderscot, Thanks, have sent her a message on FB.
latest report
It's kind of olderscot, to mention this, but I can find no evidence that there's any problem at all on my website. Email contacts on every page clearly marked email, so I'm not sure what's going on here. Just to be on the safe side I've contacted Network Solutions who are my hosts to make sure they check. My own computer is AVG as well as windows protected; all posts on my blog are checked and links to other sites are removed; spam is removed; I use mailwasher to check emails before downloading, so I don't know how or who this is about. AFAIK there is no problem. Puzzled
snow report
I've just been on the lessons page and no alarm bells were raised by my anti virus. Are you sure it's not your virus protection olderscot, ?
ski holidays
No issues for me either.

easiski, welcome back wink
snow conditions
olderscot, if anything was wrong with the site it's been fixed... I sugest you run checks on your computer as that may be where the problem may be....
snow report
Hi Charlotte, we have missed you! I checked the lessons page at work this lunchtime and just now at home (so windoze and mac used) and all seems fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy