Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Jacket question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, posted this in a different thread I had started on ski pants, but it's getting a bit lost/no replies, so going to ask again, if that's ok, just incase people aren't seeing it.
First time skiing, so I've no idea of the difference in regards jackets. Most important thing for me is probably breathability. I'm quite a warm person so as long as the jacket stays dry and I don't want to be trying to get it off of me cos I'm roasting in it, I'll be fine.

What are thoughts on this jacket?

http://www.dare2b.com/well-versed-jacket-black.html

I was looking at Helly Hansen stuff closer to €300 but not sure what the difference is for the price difference. Mainly this jacket - http://shop.hellyhansen.com/ie/item/accelerate-jacket-62319/?t_type=src&COLOR=689%20EVENING%20BLUE&t_type=cat

What would the Dare2b one be like for breathability. I'll have some Lidl thermals on underneath and maybe a Craghoppers or Oakley fleece I got in TKMaxx, which looked good.

Will it do the job or should I spend a bit more to get something better?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Dare2B one will be fine, although I'd always go with a shell rather than an insulated jacket myself eg:

http://www.dare2b.com/activity/snow/mens/jackets/trammel-jacket-methyl-blue.html

What represents good value for a ski jacket and what features you "need" are totally subjective. I had totally cr@p kit by modern standards when I was learning and I didn't die; that said, I like to ski in all conditions now and I work my kit quite hard so I am comfortable splashing out for expensive kit every now and then

Anyway, Dare2B is totally adequate for most people
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@titan31,

Dare2B is some of the best value gear for beginners I would not spend too much on jacket/salopettes to start with. If you like skiing and go again it is good to have spare gear if you don't like it then you have not spent too much.

Layering is good advice and will help you regulate heat better. Plus the jacket is more usable year round when not skiing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't be specific re the jacket @titan31, but I have now had a pair of Dare2B salopettes for 12 weeks without any bother.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grab yourself some Dare2B bargains here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2615100&highlight=#2615100
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alas, I'm a fatty. Had to get an XXL jacket Sad TK Maxx was useless for me

Thanks for the replies too. Will probably keep that jacket unless I find something better. Going in a week and a half so don't have much time left.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy