Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden ski lift question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are there in Jan, and since we should be arriving in resort at about 3pm, can anyone tell be if there are any free lifts where we could go and stretch our legs for an hour ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No free lifts, I'm afraid, but you can get a 1/2 day pass (from 11am) for the Innerwald nursery slopes for 7 Euros (five for children) or for the Giggijoch area only , after 11am, for 19 Euros (9.50 for children). The Innerwald area is a very limited, low nursery slope with one old t-bar while the Giggi pass opens up a relaxing area of blue runs higher up. See webcam (http://panocam.skiline.cc/giggijoch)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@LOTA, Thank you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@eblunt, you can ask the Tourist Office or perhaps at the Bergbahn when you buy the tickets, but in many Austrian resorts you can use a multi-day lift pass after 15.00 on the day before it is due to come into operation. I've done this a number of times in different resorts in Tirol and Salzburgerland. If it applies, then go up to the Giggijoch area and use some of the lifts there for an hour or so. You can download after an hour or so, I would not try to ski down unless you know the resort.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As Sue says there's a good chance your pass will work from 3pm the day before. Ive done this in Westendorf (skiwelt) and Schladming (ski amade)

If you are on the ball you might get your pension to link in with ski rental provider and they may also let you pick up your ski gear at lunch time - a half day early. I also managed this in both resorts = 2 hours free skiing and apres ski on the mountain!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look here http://www.soelden.com/urlaub/EN/SD/WI/urlaubsplanung/skigebiet/skipasspreise/tarife_winter/index.html

Peak season prices 23/1/2015 onwards
1 day 49.50
11am 44.50
12pm 41.00
1 pm 34.50
2pm 24.50

I went there last year and its fantastic
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@eblunt,

Unless you all have your own equipment it may be mute point: by the time you've registered in your accommodation, dumped your luggage and got your rental gear your may be lucky to catch the last lift.

Admittedly it's been 5 yrs since I've skied Sölden but seem to recall the last Giggi lift is 4:15 - 4:30ish in January. Though as Samerberg Sue said, we were allowed to use our 6 day passes after 3pm on the Saturday Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mozwold, @landers, @Samerberg Sue,

There's a few of us with our own gear, so your info is very useful thank you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy