Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dartford Crossing charges-Changes from end of November

Poster: A snowHead
Well I managed to get registered at the seventh attempt, then it crashed while paying my £10! I now have an account with £0.00 balance - and there appears to be no way of topping it up, and they have not responded to my facebook pleas or emails!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think I'll wait a while Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RobinS, contact via Twitter, they replied to me on there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just used the crossing south bound. Still v busy but defo better.. They've set up 3 temporary (I imagine) lanes going round the side of the booths..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, Have just logged on to my account again - they have now added an option to top up - and it finally works!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@RobinS, excellent.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, the site finally worked for me too. Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Managed to get my car and bike registered. Then again, there never was a charge for bikes if I recall correctly.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Talking of bikes I saw this earlier today from it's early days Smile

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Came through yesterday and just checked my account. Now have a balance of £18.33 as it charged me £1.67 and then topped up by £10. All seems to be working fine.

Bit annoyed that I didn't drive slower - crossed at 21.47. 13 minutes later it would have been free!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler wrote:
Just used the crossing south bound. Still v busy but defo better.. They've set up 3 temporary (I imagine) lanes going round the side of the booths..

Me too - a huge improvement s/bound but the queues going the other way look terrible/normal. (happily I never come back that way)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a reminder to anybody making this journey to take the number (0300 300 0120) with you or pay in advance. We drove over the bridge on Wednesday for the first time since last year hoping it would have a number to ring on the sign. The only signs we saw told us to look on the internet and by the time we arrived in the Alps (around midnight) we had completely forgotten to pay it.

It was only this morning when looking at the diary that we were reminded. Shocked

It should have been paid by midnight yesterday and it could have been a PCN charge of £70.
Fortunately I have just phoned and was able to pay the £2.50 charge without penaly.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the reminder @skichampcouk. I've set up an account and put £10 in with auto top up. That's all I need to do right?

The number recognition system will pick up my reg and charge me automatically?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Layne, I've done the same as you and it worked flawlessly
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DJL wrote:
Came through yesterday and just checked my account. Now have a balance of £18.33 as it charged me £1.67 and then topped up by £10. All seems to be working fine.

Bit annoyed that I didn't drive slower - crossed at 21.47. 13 minutes later it would have been free!

Why does it not wait until your account has less than the cost of one crossing before topping up? Puzzled
snow conditions
Quote:

Why does it not wait until your account has less than the cost of one crossing before topping up?

Yes I was going to set the top up amount to £4 so that I still had enough for two crossings. This way means that for every punter they will always hold 10 smacks Evil or Very Mad
snow report
So you do get a choice on the refill level then?
latest report
I would be happy to pay if it gets rid of the queues every time I have tried to use the crossing. Some times the queue has been horrendous and only there because of the tolls slowing down the Motorway. I am sure some one could do the stats to work out how many vehicles pass a 3 lane full motorway and then put enough toll booths in to handle that flow. Mind I guess that would be about 200 booths each side.
snow report
Went across the bridge this afternoon and it was so much better. Bearing in mind it is the Friday that most schools end we didn't stop at all 30mph slowest speed as we went round where the barriers used to be. The northbound side looks to be more of a hold up but heading towards the channel tunnel was great for us.
latest report
Jake43 wrote:
I would be happy to pay if it gets rid of the queues every time I have tried to use the crossing.

Be happy - the queues have gone and the price has gone down Very Happy
snow report
my debit card expires soon, so I set my account to manual top up, and just put £10 in there, I will see what happens when we cross
snow report
On the way out on Friday 12th, the queues were less then normal - but for anyone who has not set up an account the signs/information is terrible - I saw just one sign saying find us online to pay before tomorrow! - no actual address, telephone number, or even price information - I can envisage huge numbers of people getting hit with the penalty charges. Early hours of this morning ther was lots of roadworks at the toll booths - but we were still sent through a booth, complete with closing barrier, causing a queue, despite there being virtually no traffic!
snow report
@red 27,
Quote:

Be happy - the queues have gone and the price has gone down

The queues my be better - but the price has gone up - the "casual" rate has gone from £2 to £2.50, the reduced rate for having an account is also more than the previous account rate.
snow conditions
Check your statements. I've had a motorhome crossing charged as per a goods vehicle (van). I've emailed them to rectify.
snow report
…hmm…Sweden…compliance with camera-based traffic law enforcement has an interesting history…'In Sweden they shoot cameras, don't they?' (homage to Sydney Pollack)...

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2015/08/not-long-ago-we-shot-automated-surveillance-literally-when-did-we-start-accepting-it/
snow report
There was something in the news the other day about how many millions of uncollected Dartford Tolls there are for foreign plated cars!
snow conditions
This is from last May

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3082175/Nearly-quarter-million-foreign-drivers-evaded-Dartford-Crossing-automated-toll-four-months-booths-scrapped.html
snow report
Warning to anyone else registering with a Hotmail account.

The system doesn't like it, and you will be locked out of your account forever.

The only solution is to sell your car and buy another.

Don't think of complaining or phoning - complete waste of time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AndrewsPeppers wrote:
Warning to anyone else registering with a Hotmail account.

The system doesn't like it, and you will be locked out of your account forever.

The only solution is to sell your car and buy another (and hope the buyer of your car never uses the crossing)

Don't think of complaining or phoning - complete waste of time.
snow report
Layne wrote:
Check your statements. I've had a motorhome crossing charged as per a goods vehicle (van). I've emailed them to rectify.

Got email back to day:

In regards to your email, we have reviewed the account and the crossing which was made on the 04.01.2016. We would like to offer our apologises for the incorrect crossing charge, and we can confirm the crossing has now been charged correctly from the account. The 97p has been refunded back to the balance on the account.
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
Layne wrote:

Got email back to day:

In regards to your email, we have reviewed the account and the crossing which was made on the 04.01.2016. We would like to offer our apologises for the incorrect crossing charge, and we can confirm the crossing has now been charged correctly from the account. The 97p has been refunded back to the balance on the account.

Woohoooo. Result!!!! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
ringingmaster wrote:
Layne wrote:
Layne wrote:

Got email back to day:

Woohoooo. Result!!!! Laughing Laughing

Yeah, I'm a rich man Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy