Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro Hero 4 Silver Edition

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I have done a quick review of the GoPro Hero 4 but I was wondering if anybody had advice on what mounts to purchase? I'm hoping to do an awesome season edit (as I'm in the alps for 6 months) and wanted some advice.

Check out my review here and please comment your advice on the post. Also, If you could share with other snow heads too that'd be much appreciated.

http://powderpursuit.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/my-winter-gear-gopro-hero-4-silver.html?view=magazine

Safe Shredding

HH
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd like more info as well - I've just ordered a 4 Silver and the chest mount. Should hopefully rock up tomorrow. Just need to get a microSD for it now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Um. It comes with mounts. Well, the black does. So what you get out of the box is all you need. Otherwise, shoot protune, that's petty much it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chest mount was pretty stable. Only viewed on iPad so far but looks fine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
philwig wrote:
... Otherwise, shoot protune, that's petty much it.

Why use protune? (I just got a Hero 4 and trying to learn.)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 29-12-14 12:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the curved mount for helmet gives a great shot, also a pole is essential. The shots back at the user from the pole gives a great view. Get a pole that extends to about 4 feet.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ringingmaster, ProTune basically turns off a bunch of the in camera image processing and stores the image in a different format which is an attempt to increase the dynamic range available. Basically it makes the image more flexible to colour grade which is something most people wouldn't bother with (beyond maybe using some pre-defined filter). The lens and in camera processing on the latest models is top notch though so I've mostly used the SuperView modes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah - all the reviews I've read have said that ProTune is great if you want to do lots of post processing and know your way around Final Cut Pro, for example - I, however, would only do basic editing, a few graphics and stick some music on (maybe - one of my pet hates is overpowering music, I'd much rather hear what's going on).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@meh, Thanks for the reply. Happy Looking forward to having a go with this is a few weeks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
which helmet mount do folk recommend?

The front mount?

or the side mount??

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, anything but . . .

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Protune - as stated. More bits to play with, at expense of a bit of memory only. The H4 footage is usable out of the box, unlike the H2.

You can dial in exposure compensation, which you'll need for snow.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kitenski, I think both would give you excellent PoVs, much better than on top, but I'm going to try the chest rig this time and see how that works. I'll also be hiring a lid and don't want to waste one of the adhesive mounts.

Also, I'd be a little concerned that both those mounts could result in a face full of camera if you had an unlucky wipe-out. But you take your chances etc... as we all do.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
YAY! - My Hero4 Silver has just arrived with a 64GB SD
BOO! - They sent the wrong Chest Rig.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski, chesty, pita on helmet. Fouls goggles etc....
latest report
@kitenski, I've also got one of these, clamped onto ABS strap, really good

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161368252332
ski holidays
I don't seem to have the adapter for the 'front mount' does it come as standard? I have the mount point, just not the arm to loop like that...
snow report
Well I managed to get hold of a 'Chesty' in the end. Probably one of the last ones in Dubai as everyone else was out of stock except Virgin. Still need to be refunded for the kiddies one the other people sent.

Also got an extension pole wotsit as well to muck about with.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy