Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The one peice returns..

Poster: A snowHead
A request for some PR dropped in to my email this morning, so here goes...

http://oneskee.myshopify.com/

UK based it would seem.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nooooo snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Damn, the 2 piece will just HAVE to go back now... not!

Still, at least we're not fully back in shell material and lairy colours territory... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like its been made from a sleeping bag Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jellylegs wrote:
Looks like its been made from a body bag Laughing

FTFY !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nah.. these guys are doing it properly

http://retromountain.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not £1k like Norrona or £600 like sweet protection. Not bad I think!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
feef wrote:

That's what I'm (not) talking about... bleurghhh! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tuck the onepiece legs into your rear entry boots to prolong the aroma in your fartbag.

(As shown by this happy ebay customer).

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I skied with my close freind for the last 5 years...the first two of those he wore the same kit as above and skis from 1978 !! he got many a odd look in lift ques, some even took photos of him when we did La tania... he's now wearing modern kit...

there's two old chaps in Champlouc who have really old kit as well, have been told they are the sons of the woman who owns the land on which the pistes are !!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The problem is there is no hiding the gut in one of these...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
those pyjama-style onesies are horrific. Exceptionally unflattering. One of those and a Go-Pro would complete the teletubby look. I've never been able to see the point even for the indoor ones - have to take the whole thing off to do a pee!

However, the proper ski one-piece suit never, of course, went out of fashion. French shops - even rather upmarket ones - never stopped selling them and you see plenty of non-ironic one piece suits on the slopes. They look best on slim people, preferably with long legs, but then, what doesn't?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DB, I'd be more embarrassed by the skis.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
feef wrote:

Good grief. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In blue...... The gas man cometh .. Lol
ski holidays
I had that Salomon hat in the Snowbasin pic, it was a retro reissue and I left it on a train.
latest report
Mine was even worse I had the Volkl P9 ski suit Embarassed
snow report
Quote:

Mine was even worse I had the Volkl P9 ski suit

@speed098, Was it silver with orange panels, yellow panels and polka dots?
snow report
@collym125,

It was Orange with the bottom of the legs yellow and the chest area was white with black spots and P9 in big black letters in the middle of the chest. The two black full length zips went from either side of the collar all the way down to the bottom of the legs at the front.

Thankfully I can no longer fit into it Toofy Grin
latest report
Some of the big names in Freeride like Hagloffs and Sweet Protection do one-piece suits which are actually pretty serious pieces of kit

http://www.haglofs.com/en-US/products/clothing/activities/ski/men/vassi_suit_en-us.aspx

http://www.sweetprotection.com/2013-site-archived/ski-and-snowboard/technical-clothing/?p=crusader-flightsuit-1314&pid=580

snow report
Knowing Haglöfs like I do, probably serious prices as well... but that Sweet model is decent and at least you have a zip at the bottom if you do need to go for a whizz... but six bigguns compared to a hundred and something for my Salomon two-bit...
snow conditions
What is still not to love about a quality one piece? Seriously. Whether of non insulated impermiable barrier shell for sunny Spring weather, or medium to heavy insulation for the bulk of winter.......... If well designed, made of superior material and construction, they're always exceptionally comfortable, never a chance of snow invading the body be same in heavy powder or if one were to take a spill. I still have and use all of mine. No bright colors or stripes or anything ridiculous..............., just basic black, dark blue and a solid red that isn't all that offensive. Neither is my physique........., it's still on the money.

Stay fit. Ski well. Ski happy. Do many things well and happy. And bring back the nonpareil one piece.
snow conditions
equinoxranch wrote:
What is still not to love about a quality one piece?

Warm weather.
latest report
Quote:

they're always exceptionally comfortable

They all have the same fundamental problem that they are not very flexible if the temperature changes or your activity levels change over the day.
snow report
Quote:

They all have the same fundamental problem that they are not very flexible if the temperature changes or your activity levels change over the day.

How so? what cant you do with a one piece that you can do with a 2 piece?? you can unzip it and take it off just like a jacket, ok you have to tie the sleeves around your waist but so what it's still not on you... or do you like to take your salopettes of during a hike or whatever it is your activity changes to during the day Shocked

Do you own/use one?
snow report
I don't own one.
My salopettes have full length zips so they can vent very well on a hike. To be honest for longer / late season hut to hut tours I generally wear soft shell pants rather than salopettes anyway. Can't imagine many people wear one pieces for touring unless they are north of the arctic circle...
Personally I'd prefer to take a jacket off than tie sleeves round my waist but hey - each to their own
ski holidays
BTW didn't mean to say that one pieces are useless just that they lack some flexibility. If I had a wardrobe full of gear and regularly heliskied or skied lift-served somewhere really cold then I could imagine one of my outfits being a one piece.
latest report
pam w wrote:
those pyjama-style onesies are horrific. Exceptionally unflattering. One of those and a Go-Pro would complete the teletubby look

Tea, meet keyboard rolling eyes
What a wonderful mental image that is!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This season I have a new ebay fartbag. Never been worn, horrendously eye searingly bright pink with the top right grey with giant pink dots. I will be wearing it with a bright pink clown wig for serious off piste days.

My companions are going to hate me Toofy Grin
snow report
@Scarpa, I have my 'Madonna' bought locally - its been on the shelf so long it was priced in Shillings!!!! Ange
snow conditions
Ange... we need a full on Onesie day, Kooky's new one is also truly horrifying Shocked
latest report
@Scarpa, indeed it is.

The colour is rather difficult to explain, it looks like someone ate scrambled eggs, beetroot, clementines and spinach and then violently projectile vomited. Shocked Unsurprisingly I was the only bidder on Ebay and I got it for 1€.
latest report
BTW, I lost my Fartbag Virginity last year, and I have to say, wearing one was a revelation.
Very comfy, lots of freedom to move, the only problem was when getting a bit of speed up I seemed to have an alarming amount of UnderArm Flap. I recon if I had got some big air I may well have taken off Shocked
ski holidays
I always said that you were batty.
ski holidays
I have two in the attic, they were very handy for skiing deep stuff, if you fell over it didn't get in anywhere, but they were a pain if you needed to use the loo, espically in france where they used to have those little holes in the floor with a foot rest each side, Shocked , I think that was the only reason I didn't like mine. However they weren't so mad to look at , one was like a two piece the other was just a navy decente one, which looked like a pants and jacket.
ski holidays
Kooky, sounds like you're just resurrecting your magnificent 80s outfit. Question is, will you also be sporting the mullet (this will never get old) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Zero_G, YOU LIVE! Good grief woman, haven´t seen you post in ages Skullie
I have to say I am sorely tempted to Mullet-Up, but on the other hand there are some tremendously obscene hats available at the Christmas markets so we shall have to see....choices choices.....
snow report
(Out, je suis alive!) Go the whole hog: mullet and hideous hat. I'd ski with you.
snow conditions
@geeo, "

How so? what cant you do with a one piece that you can do with a 2 piece?? you can unzip it and take it off just like a jacket, ok you have to tie the sleeves around your waist but so what it's still not on you... or do you like to take your salopettes of during a hike or whatever it is your activity changes to during the day

Do you own/use one?"

I had one as host uniform my first season.

A pain in restaurants, as you had to tie arms, etc. a pain in spring as, you etc. as above. Quite cosy in crap weather but no more so than my current rig. Would be absolutely rubbish for touring.
snow report
Don't want to be rude but I think clothing tech has moved on in the last decade or more, what was your onesie made from then? 3 layer gore tex or polyester wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy