Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach first week in March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about booking this, just a bit wary of the snow conditions. From reading around last year was pretty poor at that time, but that was true for a lot of Austria.

Any experiences/opinions welcome.

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You never know your luck. I did the last week of March with a school trip at Saalbach a few years ago and had 20cm of fresh powder overnight three times in the week. Heavenly conditions. The week before had been green down run 2 to the valley.

Not much help, I know.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@xyzpaul, I skied in Austria for 4seperate weeks plus many individual days. It was not a brilliant year, but neither was it as bad as some sources say. On 22nd March we turned up to green fields in Flachau, on the 23rd we woke up to heavy snow, resulting in 80cms when it finally stopped 2 days later. Obviously a lot more fell at higher levels. March is not late any more!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year was definetly the worst conditions we skied over the last 6 years. First week of March was actually better than Christmas week. Year before we skied last week of March and had lots of snow, in 2010 woke up to 30cm of fresh snow every morning mid March. We are always pretty close to Saalbach, so it really is in the lap of the snow gods
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last year was unusually bad, but even in a relatively poor snow year there was enough! I'm sure you'll be fine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We skied Saalbach/Hinterglemm in January this year. Virtually all the pistes were open because of the extensive snowmaking - but there was little or no off piste and some pistes were a bit worn/icy and slushy in the afternoon because it was so warm. But the conditions were loads better than we feared. Obviously the snow-making depends on cold conditions, especially overnight, but the major investment in snowmaking in recent years in these resorts meant that they were able to exploit every cold spell to the max. We have booked again for January 2015 so keeping our fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last year's snow drought made it the worst season in living memory, according to some people - even so, they were bussing people to Saalbach from surrounding resorts, because the conditions were so much better in Saalbach, owing to its height and extensive snow-making.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy