Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to Saalbach at half term, and I wondered if anyone can provide any suggestions for a couple of things?

We are going by train (fantastic deal for 4 of us, first class return Paris to Salzburg for a total of euro 276). Does anyone have any suggestions for a taxi from Salzburg station to Saalbach (I think by then we may have had enough of trains!)?

And does anyone have any recommendations for ski hire or any discount codes? We will be staying near the Kohlmais lift.

Thanks in advance for your help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Holiday Shuttle run a taxi transfer service from Salzburg Airport. A VIP Taxi will work out cheaper for 4 of you than booking 4 individual tickets on the shared service, and the VIP taxi runs to your timetable. They might pick you up at Salzburg railway station (call them and ask) otherwise you'll need a 15 minute taxi ride to the airport, which is only about €20. The VIP Taxi costs €150 each way. www.holiday-shuttle.at Don't pick up a taxi off the rank at the station or airport for the journey to Saalbach - it could cost you more than the entire train journey.

The nearest ski rental to the Kohlmais lift is the Intersport shop which is directly opposite the lift. 100m down the street is Sport 2000/Scharnagel. Walk 5 minutes further into the centre of the village where you can choose between 2 SkiPro shops, Steger, Furstauer, Snowacademy, 2 x Hagleitner, another Intersport, another Sport 2000 and at the bottom of the street (and bottom of the price list) Hansi's. Hansi's shop-cum-bar is the cheapest in the village, but also the shop that is furthest away from your accommodation.

I assume that you have found these threads, but if not:
The definitive threads about Saalbach >>>

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94479&start=80 and http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2402083

and a bit more here >>> http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2597381
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stay on the train it's only another 1.5hrs to Zell am See !!

Get an Einfach Raus Ticket its 35 euros for up to 5 people and a than 25 euro taxi to Saalbach
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Taxi Rainer are based in Saalbach and never let me down for that trip
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been into Ski Furst new shop today, every single piece of rental equipment in there is brand new and price is about the same as the others.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry for lack of response.

Thanks for the suggestions. Very helpful.

Was tempted to stay on the train (would need a change to get to Zell, though, so would take longer than taxi, and by then I suspect we will be fed up of trains...).

Does anyone have any discount codes for any of the ski hire shops. I have the one for Alpinresorts which seems to use the sport2000 shop, but wondered if anyone had anything for intersport? Usually use Skimium (Decathlon), but the don't seem to do Austria.

Now praying that it will snow eventually!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rg1, Best discount code in Saalbach is 'I'll pay cash' wink

Competition is fierce in Saalbach. There were already plenty of shops and another 2 have opened this season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy