Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheapest way to ischgl from munich .train or transfer.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
6 of us all book up for ischgl in april.What would be the cheapest way by train and transfer.Have travelled on trains from munich before but I am not sure about fares etc and how to get the cheapest deal.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nearest station is landeck. On the main Vienna to Zurich line. Then a bus up the valley, about an hour I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PeterGee, Ötztal Bahnhof is the stop for Ötztal. Landeck is the station for Serfus/Fiss and Kappl.

For the original poster - Train to Imst or Ötztal Bahnhof from Munich, then you take a bus or a taxi up to the location of your hotel. For 6 of you a shared taxi should be OK. Alternatively you can contact one of the several transfer companies at Munich Airport to see what it will cost.
[/b]
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Samerberg Sue, Ischgl not Ötztal wink

I'm pretty certain Landeck station is the one you want @Angus og, then a bus. I'm not sure if there are busses directly from Munich to Ischgl? For 6 of you I'd be tempted to look at private transfers as getting to Ischgl on public transport involves several changes and can be a bit of a faff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, oops! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Angus og, as above trains great but a faff with gear, how about a hire mini bus? 2.5 hours airport to the slopes, shared between 6 is cheapest way 50-60€ fuel round trip plus hire at say £220, £45pp plus great to have transport for that sneaky trip round to St Anton for the day! wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glad about that as I have booked a train to landeck on 28th dec,to take the bus to ischgl Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The train is 39e return with two changes. 3,5 hours.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or rent a car. We're going there from Friedrichshafen, and a VW Passat estate was £185 for the week. A minivan (VW Touran etc) was about the same.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Harry Flashman, Agreed, I've just booked a VW Golf with winter tyres for an 8 day hire from MUC wk1 February, 2400km allowance £132......Enterprise via Holiday Autos, no brainer IMO.

@lmu2002, Done it loads of times, agreed nice and cheap but changing is hassle, and humping the gear/ skis etc about not much fun. I actually prefer to go the long anticlock way round via Bregenz, changing there rather than the clockwise Munchen Ost/ Rosenheim/ Innsbruck journey. Saturdays in Germany on trains ain't funny.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For times and fares go to OBB Scotty
Bus from Landeck is 7.20 euros...you cannot buy the ticket for the bus on the Scotty site, but the trains you can.
Taxi will be 60-65 euros
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bus was pretty easy and on time. (Unlike the swiss train that broke down between geneva and Zurich, shock, horror) Bus driver spoke little English, but that was ok. Had a proper luggage locker underneath so do this this is a good option.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy