Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement Salomon speed laces ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My son and I have been learning to board at SnowZone.

He is using some second hand Salomon Maori boots which are great except that a lace on the outer boot had been broken at some point and repaired leaving it almost too short.

Can anyone suggest where we can buy a couple of replacement laces ?

I've seen some Salomon Quicklace Kits on Amazon, but I think they may be geared towards running shoes with thinner laces (can't tell from the listing).

I have pinged an email into Salomon Customer Services but I thought I'd see if snowHeads can give me an answer first Very Happy

Thanks very much,

Ian
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have used nylon cord from the sailing depot its comes in different colours just get exactly the same diameter so it fits in the lace locks if the maori boot has them.
The lace pull handle opens up with a small Phillips then just takes a few well placed small knots and a lighter too melt the ends

Salomon used to send out bits and bobs now I don't know it seems salomon boots have been dropped by a few uk stores this season .
I actually have two new lace sets but they are the thinner type for a entry/rental boot so doubt they would fit your maori boots.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your quick reply. You beat Salomon customer services who did quote me some Salomon part numbers for laces for my own boots (Salmon Savage) but not for my sons, which are older.

So I'll compare my sons laces and my own and if they appear the same I'll see if Bucks Boarding Center can order some for me. I think I'll also try a local the local sailing shop to see what they have.

Thanks again,

Ian
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got some nylon cord that's used for blinds from the DIY store and it worked perfectly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy