Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First tracks 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
first tracks for me under a golden sunset, a bit late this autumn but got to start work sometime

Couloir NSA, Roche Noire, Belledonne Range

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 19-11-14 20:09; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Awesome!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's still 2014 where I am Wink

Well jel Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get in, nice firsties
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice. Love the photo.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice. Dare I say it, looks a *wee* bit on the thin side? Old skis?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Nice. Dare I say it, looks a *wee* bit on the thin side? Old skis?

Exactly what I was thinking! Still jealous though
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice! Have you hurt your right leg?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zammo wrote:
Nice! Have you hurt your right leg?

Hmmm not particuarly but I have a stiff ankle from a break some years ago and that might account for the style on slopes less conducive to nice "ski instructor" turns. I suspect the slope steepness (around 40 degrees) and snow density meant I was just doing an edge check to wipe off speed. A quick look in the archive and I found this with more pleasing shapes

I should have taken fatter skis to be honest for the snow - I had some rando race skis with 67mm underfoot and they lacked float in the heavy power on N sector faces, this slope was ok though.

Yes the snow cover is thin - rock gardens are barely covered at the moment but if you pick places where the snow piles up - couloirs, depressions, you can ski without issue. I didn't have any problems on that slope but obviously you have to avoid obvious rocks sticking out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Yes the snow cover is thin - rock gardens are barely covered at the moment but if you pick places where the snow piles up - couloirs, depressions, you can ski without issue. I didn't have any problems on that slope but obviously you have to avoid obvious rocks sticking out.

And be a bit cautious with speed when you are navigating between the good sections?
I was in Obergurgl last early season and it was a bit thin. I traversed around a very smooth looking shoulder heading for a little gulley at I guess 10 mph - not quick - only to get a classic double click, skis stopped, followed by a cartoon eject to head plant not very far from a rock. Was very careful with my speed on more exposed sections after that. Was quite soon after that Schumacher had his accident.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you have FaceBook some nice pics of a ski tour a few days ago up from Briancon towards the Col Izoard starting at Laus where the road is closed in the winter to the Côte Belle by the guys from CAF Briancon who I've been out with a few times.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.841710495893093.1073741864.252514544812694&type=1

And for some of you who have skied in Serre this is a little bit closer to home, this was Montagnolle on Thursday by the guys from Riquet Sports

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy