Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mighty USA skiing...... Or not????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have had my arm twisted and been forced to move to Maryland in the U S of A! ( damn work!! )

I was wondering if anyone had skied there or had any tips for over this side of the pond???

I am currently in the Washington area and need a ski fix!!!!??

Any help??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are some small ski hills in southern PA that aren't too far away from the DC area. Seven Springs is probably the biggest of those. Check skitown.com to see a list and map of the various ski hills.

Other than that, it's worth checking the Southwest site for prices on flights to Denver and Salt Lake City. The SLC area is particularly good for ski trips because the resorts are so close to the airport and tend to get good snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Washington DC I presume?
Only one in Maryland itself as far as I can recall is Wisp. There are a few places within a few hours drive, Wintergreen, Timberline, Blue Knob (no smirking at the back) - all are small operations but worthy of a weekend, mainly greens and blues with a few blacks - double blacks are rare...
Best thing is you're well placed to head over to the bigger resorts to the west or north at short notice and chase the good snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@alexsam97, pretty sure there are still train services to take you to the N'East and N'New York.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll do better to ask locally.

If you must use the web, try epicski.com.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A wide array of skiing options, from little to large, from not too far away to "get on the bus........................" So many choices.

By the way it's no longer the USA, it is clearly now Obamastan. Heil Obama! Our Fuhrer.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 21-11-14 18:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From 2-4 hours drive there are a bunch of small mountains, in PA and WV. But they are smallish, but if you need a fix I guess it's better than nothing. Vermont is a 7 hour drive, to the closest resort and 2 more hours to some of the bigger resorts. There is a train (the Vermonter) but it's horribly slow, probably 10 hours to central Vermont which is 600 miles or so. As stated, catching a flight is a good option, dc has a lot of direct flights.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can also try a few in north carolina from where you are.
I am hoping that camelback in pa will open this friday, but with today's near 70F and rain i fear much of their man made snow will have washed away. We shall see.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh and the utah resorts are def the easiest to get to outvwest. All about a 40min shuttle from SLC to your hotels. Leave ny or dc at 6ish on a friday in your hotel bar by 10pm.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy