Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Woo woo! Chamrousse snow already!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year when we went to Chamrousse for Christmas/New Year, we were expecting it to be really bad -- right up to mid December there was basically no snow anywhere. Today I glanced at the Web cams we obsessively look at even when it won't change anything (anyone else do that?) and saw this:

We're not actually going until February this year, but wow this is encouraging in mid November Happy

-simon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

this is encouraging in mid November

it would be if it wasn't likely to melt before the end of the month..... Twisted Evil Hopefully winter might start in early December. I am driving out on 19th December and will start getting concerned if it's not looking pretty a week beforehand.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am a committed Chamrousse webcam watcher as we're flying out early on 20th Dec. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Webcams on regular refresh here.
Looked even better the day before.
Travelling out at the start of Jan, so praying REALLY hard to the snow gods...
Looks like a good place to start the little one skiing, and hopefully there will be a few nice spots for a bit of freeriding. Any tips?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a great place for starting little ones Happy. Where are you planning to stay?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tallpaul, can't help you, but welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's good to hear @Szymon. We are going to Chamrousse as we have heard that it's a good place for our two boys to learn (5 & 2 year old).

We have rented an apartment in Residence de La Croisette which is right at the Perche & Croisette tows and a short hop to the Kidpark & ESF schools in 1750.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's the right side of the mountain for kids starting Joy Happy. It's a great place to learn. We used to stay not far from there, in L'Ecrin des Neiges. This year we're actually staying elsewhere in Chamrousse 1650 (near the gondola), but that's only because my eldest passed his Etoille D'Or last trip and is going to be doing more advanced training on the "harder" side of the mountain, so we wanted to save him having to trek over there every day. If it wasn't for that, we'd be staying in L'Ecrin des Neiges again.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Szymon We are in the Domaine de l'Arselle apartments.
Hopefully we will be able to get our 7yo daughter a couple of lessons over here beforehand.
Can't believe it's been 10 years since we last had a skiing holiday. I rebelled when my wife was trying to book another summer holiday, before we had finished the last Very Happy .

@Cacciatore, Hi, snowheads looks like a pretty nice forum.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Domain de l'Arselles are well maintained apartments. My only issue with them was that there's no guarantee as to how close to the slope you will be. You might be a short walk away, but you might also be 10-15 minutes away, depending on which building they put you in. Not fun with three kids at the start or end of the day! We made friends with a family staying there, and they weren't happy with how far they had to go to get to the slope. But with only one (and a seven year old at that, old enough to not be trouble) you'll be fine Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hopefully as we are going in the quietest week of the season then we shouldn't be too far away from the slopes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy