Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Changing flex on Tecnica Diablo 130 ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have picked up a pair of tecnica diablo 130 race ski boots. They are new and unused (still with tags) although they are 2006 model. I have taken both of the flex control screws out of the back of the boot, does anyone know how much that will increase the flex? i.e. 1 screw down to 120, 2 screws 110? I'm a fairly good skier but think i would find 130 flex a handicap as it sounds like only olympic skiers need boots that stiff. Also the boots came with tools to remove the screws but there are no 'grommets?' Or caps to put in the holes that remain any one know where i can find some? Many thanks for any help.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Duklaringy, race boots now go up to "170"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's 11 in old money.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Duklaringy, put at least one of the bolts back in, removing both of them will kill the rebound of the boot and put all the strain onto the ankle pivots, if you need the boot softer than it is with one removed then get it to a good boot fitter who can dis-assemble the shell and cut the saddle cuts a bit lower to soften the flex.

130 is a top end, performance boot, not a full on race boot
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Duklaringy,

have a look at the inside out skiing levels on youtube see link below, and post your level here.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=inside+out++skiing+levels

From that people may be able to help you decide if 130 flex is too much for you or not plus let people know your weight and skiing style ie are you aggressive, or more cautious ?

As @CEM, has said 130 is a performance boot for men.

( I know the head Raptor I have go up 10 for each of the 2 additional bolts you put in the back eg 140 with just the original one bolt per boot, 150 with 2 bolts per boot and 160 with all 3 bolts in each boot and others seem to be by a similar amount on their adjustment for flex if they have one, but sorry not got any experience with the Technica).

As @CEM, has said a good boot fitter like he is will be able to adjust the flex by adjusting the plastic ie cutting it but this is not reversible so make sure you def do want softer flex before doing this. ( maybe if unsure after posting details here book a session with an instructor who can give you more feedback, but I would suggest at least a L3 BASI for this ).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="speed098"]@Duklaringy,

have a look at the inside out skiing levels on youtube see link below, and post your level here.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=inside+out++skiing+levels

that people may be able to help you decide if 130 flex is too much for you or not plus let people know your weight and skiing style ie are you aggressive, or more cautious ?

I've had a look and i would say i was level 8 - 9 i weigh just under 13 stone and am 5'10 fairly aggressive (normal?) skier.

I rented a an old pair a couple of seasons ago after trying several boots that seemed always a bit too baggy, the fitter dug them out of the back off the shop as a last resort and i got on really well with them, better than boots i have bought and had fitted. I got these of ebay for £80 and thought i'd give them a week and see if i like them. I am going to serre chevalier at xmas so will try them then, i always try to have a one to one lesson early in the week so i'll take their advice also. Any advice on which screw to take out, top bottom or personal preference.

Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

http://youtube.com/v/8hUwND4cMK4&list=PLzAX1hV85KGqcINEENj006a3QJkSnZjU0
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Duklaringy, I know loads of people in 130 flex boots who ski on and off piste with them. It's more of a personal preference thing, some people like a stiff boot that they can push hard against, some like a more forgiving flex. I put myself in the hands of a very good boot fitter and jumped from an 85 (which were causing me a lot of problems) to a 130 and never looked back, it improved my skiing no end. My current boots are sold as a race boot, but even as a fairly light skier I can still get them to flex.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Duklaringy, try Anything Technical in Kendal for spares. Check the Allen screws regularly, those boots were renowned for the screws/ plates falling out......I actually glued mine into position, my mate lost both his. Great boots but very heavy compared with the newer variants.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy