Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year 2004

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right, having finally stopped sulking after packing away my ski gear my thoughts have obviously turned to my next trip. Decided that have to have more than 1 week's skiing next year so want to squeeze in a trip over the New Year. Did Bardonecchia a couple of years ago & the snow wasn't that great so looking for suggestions. May even consider going over the pond if suitably tempted. Snowheads, my sanity needs you!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've got a group of us off to Sauze over next New Year. Went this season, first week in December and the snow cover was fantastic. When we were looking we found that a lot of people had already booked up, Ryan Air flights - the ones late out and back so you don't loose any holiday time have all now gone.

We have left out fate up to the snowgods (any snowheads up there??) booking so early, i guess if you definately want a good covering of snow then you'll have to go to somewhere high like Tignes, Val D'Isere, La Plagne, Obergergal etc if you want to stay in Europe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New Year. Rule 1: Avoid the "New Year" and pay less. Go after Jan 2nd ("in the new year"). Rule 2: Go with the snow. Either book last-minute, or choose somewhere with a reliable snow record.

If you're going over the pond, I'd suggest Whistler in Canada (Too dam' cold in Banff/LL) or Utah in the US. - I spent a week in early January in Park City a couple of years ago and got big dumps without extreme temperatures.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are not really paying anymore for going over new year. 8 days Half Board, inc flights and transfers £500.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
November in Tignes. With a bit of luck the run back to Val Claret from the glacier will be open by the Lanches chair (face/double 'M'), there's the glacier, and accommodation is still reasonable before the official season starts. November 2003 conditions were superb.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dan, your deal sounds right up my street, where'd you book it?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We went at NY for the first time, this year. Total cost for fab French food, lift pass, flights from local airport and car hire from Geneva about £600 each. Hotel bill was 2300 euros inc the 6 day pass. Just back from Easter trip , even better.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You'll need to book early this year, it's all to do with Xmas day falling on a Sat, so no flights. Some operators are starting their booking week on Thursday which means a 10 day holiday to get back to a Sat to Sat schedule. Otherwise look for companies who work on Sun to Sun scheduling.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just seen a deal on Iglu £415 SC at Soll Pensions in, funnily enough, Soll, departing from Gatwick on 30 Dec. Anyone stayed there (resort &/or accom). Any opinions you'd care to share? We're a couple of single girls so liveliness doesn't bother us.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eeyore, given the revealed demographics of your small group I have a strong suspicion that Soll will suddenly become a very popular New Year destination... Wink

(and I wish I knew why I typed "string suspicion" twice before getting it right. I mean, I know about Freudian slips in conversation, but when writing?)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cedric, I was just thinking about getting a few turns in before next year's academy... snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eeyore, have you been to the slope yet? How would I recognise you? Carnation in your salopettes? Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Eeyore, Sorry i've only just seen you're message. It's with www.flexiblebreaks.com basically you sort out your flights to turin, then it's only an hours transfer to Sauze. I don't have much time at the moment but if you have any questions just leave a message here and i'll reply later. I used them in Dec 2003 (i.e. this season) and had a brilliant time, very friendly small company. Highly recommend them!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh and you can go and come any day you want, so stay 3days or 9 days. The bank holidays fall nicely this year allowing a long holiday for only 3 work days holiday!!! Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy