Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

madonna di campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
The snow has arrived with a vengeance on Madonna di Campiglio. Started a couple of days ago, and looks like continuing day and night for the foreseeable future.
With the winter season opening in 3 weeks, it could not have arrived at a better time.
Hoping for a great season.
If anybody's heading for the resort this winter, I'm happy to help in any way I can.
[www.enchantedholidays.co.uk]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is great to know, We are toying with doing a few days in march, just husband and I, we are skiing with the children in January, so hope to sneak off to Madonna in March, is late march too late do you think? we are going to drive from Bergamo airport.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should be OK - the word on the street, as it were, is an extended season is expected. May be a little claggy near the town, but should still be some good skiing ,particularly on Groste and Spinale.
Mid March will be fine - just keep an eye on temperatures after 21st.
If you want the best route from Bergamo, just ask - I know it like the back of my hand.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Webcams look very promising compared to resorts around Geneva
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're generally very lucky with snowfall in Madonna di Campiglio. If the jetstream drops far enough south, then we get snow coming in from the north. However, with Lake Garda down in the valleys, we can even benefit from the warmer weather at that level. The sun will cause evaporation on the lake, and with the right wind direction, this evaporation generates clouds, which then travel north. Normally, the Brenta group is just too high for them to travel any further, resulting in snowbeing dumped across the mountains.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds great, yup have defiantly decided on Madonna, it will be 20th to 23rd so will keep our fingers crossed for it to be a late season, looking to book the spinale hotel, do you know which run brings you back to there? I will you tube it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No problem
You have two ways of getting back to the hotel - black run no.70 or red run 73 leading onto blue run 79
http://www.enchantedholidays.co.uk/madonna-di-campiglio/piste-map/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great, thanks a million, we have he flights booked, but not the hotel, ( husband wants to scout around, I want a little luxury) , thing is we ski from first lift to lift close, so as my husband says we only need a hotel, but hell ski home , I love that, then at the end of march it may not matter so much, lol, we are going to see it anyway, with the idea of skiing with the kids for a week in the future, older kids like us to gleam information for them too,. Thanks for your help I appreciate it, I haven't even looked at the maps yet, I see from a quick check out of the maps that the area opens up to take in other areas using lifts etc, we ski fast so probably would be wiser to get an area pass?
If we don't stay in the spinale, is there a hotel you would recommend, . ( we self cater with the kids, when on a romantic break , sod self catering)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you need to be near the slopes, then rake a look at Hotel Campiglio Bellavista
http://www.enchantedholidays.co.uk/madonna-di-campiglio/accommodation/4-star-hotels/hotel-campiglio-bellavista/

If luxury is the prime factor take a look at Alpen Suite Hotel
http://www.enchantedholidays.co.uk/madonna-di-campiglio/accommodation/5-star-hotels/alpen-suite-hotel/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any update on snow conditions ? I have a week booked in Obertauern from 13 December which is looking iffy to say the least. What the position in Campiglio. I see some lifts are open -any view on what will be open as at 13 December ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No problem - we've got a fair covering already, with a lot of snow on the way from tomorrow.
You can follow coverage at
http://www.enchantedholidays.co.uk/madonna-di-campiglio/resort-webcams/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks I have saved that link. Super. My mother is laughing at me, she said your supposed to go on one holiday before you book the next. Wish I was younger I would be a great ski bum. snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Feel free to ask any questions about Madonna di Campiglio
We are the UK's official operator and am more than happy to help if we can
I've been a ski bum all my adult life spanning 40 years on the slopes
I should really grow up
Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Slightly ''off piste'' but worth mentioning.
George Osborne has announced that flight taxes are to be removed for children under 12 years, from May 2015.
No good for this season, I'm afraid, but at last, some respite for parents, from expensive airfares, particularly Christmas, New Year, and the Half term holidays.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi how are snow conditions now - im arriving this sat. Looking at webcams it looks ok. is there any snow forecast?

Happy
snow report
Off the Campiglio tomorrow for 4 nights staying in the Spinale. Any "must dos" whilst we are there -slopes or mountain huts ? Any advice on when to ski the different areas welcome (we're happy on all pistes) as we're expecting spring conditions, subject to a forecast cold snap.

Many thanks
ski holidays
Just got back last week - snow was pretty good, and skiing possible on all pistes right down to the village. I know there has been some light rain in the valley since then, but still snowing at the top and mid stations.
You should be OK.
Lunch is a must at Cascina Zeledria and Malga Montagnoli - ask for Esa or Nicola and give them my name, There is a new apres ski bar open at the bottom of Groste (the Jumper Bar) - if you want a bit of night life, then try Piano 54 club (part of the Relais Club des Alpes in the towm centre, but only if you're ok with Euro disco music).
Another great place for lunch is the a la carte restaurant at the top of Spinale - Chalet Fiat.
If you bring your ski passes home with you, please let me have them - for everyused ski pass we receive, we will donate 5 Euros to Rotary International's polio appeal.
Have a great time and give my regards to your head concierge - Italo.
ski holidays
@Campiglio,

Hi, I wonder if you can help me with a few questions about campiglio? Our family have after much research decided that campiglio is our choice for next years ski holiday. We have found great flights to bergamo which we have just booked but we're wondering what type of car to hire. In the past we have been to livigno so have always asked for winter tyres which was been quite a challenge in Italy. Do we need winter tyres for the drive to campiglio or will chains suffice. I know that this is the minimum requirement in Italy during the winter months. Also we are looking at aprtment said I. Satellite villages due to cost and size. Do you think this will cause us problems getting to the main lifts, is there a ski bus service, many thanks for your help, cheers
snow report
Winter tyres will not be necessary for Madonna di Campiglio, but you must carry chains, by law. These will be quite sufficient - you probably won't even use them.
Staying outside Madonna di Campiglio is not a problem and you won't need to use ski buses if you stay in Pinzolo or Folgarida, simply by purchasing a Ski Area Dollomiti di Brenta ski pass.
This will give you automatic access to all the pistes through a system of interlinked lifts.
ski holidays
Not sure if Bergamo is in Venetio, but Venetio brought in regulations recently make sure all hire cars have winter tyres and chains. There's not really a lot to drive to once there. In the days before snow making, people would head up to Tonale for better snow. I've been up to Pejo in summer and it is beautiful. It's very small ski resort but a very impressive vertical.
snow conditions
Bergamo is in Lombardy.
The drive is pretty simple from there to Madonna di Campiglio.
We have a new water reservoir in Madonna di Campiglio that cost millions - this was built purely for the purpose of feeding the snow guns.
ski holidays
Looking forward to this thread starting up with new snow this year. Just wondering how long the ski lift from Pinzolo to madonna takes?
snow report
The lift from Pinzolo to Madonna di Campiglio takes 20 minutes.
Also, the drive from Bergamo is simple - Milan to Venice autostrada, turning off at Brescia then heading for Lake Idro.
Just keep heading north with the lake on your right. You''l come to a town called Tione di Trento. From there, MdC is sign posted.
snow conditions
The new lake in MdC is known as Lake Montagnoli located between Refuge Montagnoli and The Spinale lift.
It's the largest of it's kind in Italy, and it's purpose is to supply water for the resort's snow machines.
It's quite a feat of enginerring - 1 km circumference and 12 metres deep.
ski holidays
Cool, looking forward to getting there this year, we had booked a few days last march, and when we got to the airport we were told our flight was cancelled due to an air traffic control strike in italy. We ended up in poland, Laughing. this year we will get to ski madonna.
latest report
Just after booking flights to Bergamo for Jan.
We hope to go to madonna for 4 nights.
Was just wandering is it easy to get accomadation for 4 nights ( 21st - 25th) for a triple room.
Also is it cheaper to rent a car or to get a shared transfer if available.
latest report
We are booked for 2nd week of March, staying at Hotel Chalet deal Brenta. This will be our 3rd year in a row, absolutely love the place.

Previously flown into Verona but this year arriving into Bergamo. @campiglio would you suggest driving north from Bergamo is a better route than sticking to the motorway and cutting off at Trento as I have done when arriving into Trento? Is it a good road alongside the lake or is it easy to get stuck in traffic going through the towns & villages? Obviously the motorway is longer distance wise but is there much in it time wise?

Appreciate any advice.
latest report
Yeah I love Madonna. Awesome place. Going in Feb and this is my third time there.

Looking on the webcams there's no snow up there yet. I'm hoping its gets bucket loads soon and it's freezing cold! I love the cold Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kendoddsdadsdogsdead, From Bergamo I would not even consider driving all the way to Verona then turning up towards Trento.
However, it's worth noting that if you drive to Trento, you have gone too far. You would be better coming off the A22 at Rovoretto, then heading toward Riva Del Garda, picking up the MdC signs from there - much quicker.
However this is a long way if you're coming from Bergamo - I've driven the route several times, and, without question the best way is by heading towards Verona/Venice on the autostrada, but coming off at Brescia and heading up the west shore of Lake Idro. You'll see MdC signs as soon as you come off the Autostrada - head for Tione di Trento, then its about 30 minuted from there.
snow report
@Chick, I missed your post about 4 nights in MdC. This is always a tricky one, and to find 4 nights you may have to do some research. It should be possible, but many hotels will only accept weekend to weekend (7 nights min).
The higher up the scale you go with star rating, the easier it will be.
latest report
Campiglio wrote:
@kendoddsdadsdogsdead, From Bergamo I would not even consider driving all the way to Verona then turning up towards Trento.
However, it's worth noting that if you drive to Trento, you have gone too far. You would be better coming off the A22 at Rovoretto, then heading toward Riva Del Garda, picking up the MdC signs from there - much quicker.
However this is a long way if you're coming from Bergamo - I've driven the route several times, and, without question the best way is by heading towards Verona/Venice on the autostrada, but coming off at Brescia and heading up the west shore of Lake Idro. You'll see MdC signs as soon as you come off the Autostrada - head for Tione di Trento, then its about 30 minuted from there.

Cheers I'll definitely try the Lake Idro route this year. Interesting what you say about Rovereto rather than Trento. I've done both and much prefer the Trento route. The Rovereto route definitely felt longer. Anyway it seems the flight times are going to suit us better in and out of bergamo so the other route won't come into consideration.

Thanks again.
snow report
If anybody (one person)is free and would like to go to the London Ski Show tomorrow (5th November) I've got a guest ticket up for grabs.
Just e-mail me at dominic@enchantedholidays.co.uk and I'll send it to you. First come, first served
snow report
@ Camiglio
Great to hear you are an expert on Madonna as I am looking for some information. We are looking at going there March 12th for a week. Group of 10 - 4 adults, 6 kids. 3 adults are good intermediate skiers. 3 kids complete beginners and the other 3 are capable the eldest (13years) will ski with the adults. We are looking at accomodation in Campo Carlo Magno as have been offerred a good deal. Will the resort suit all of us? Our concern is ill there be enough to keep the intermediate skiers busy all week - for the past couple of years we have been to the Les CArroz in the Grand Massif which has a very large ski area. Does Campo provide good access to ski areas and is there a ski bus into Madonna. We are looking at flying into Verone or Bergamo is there much difference in transfer times between the 2? Finally the big question is the snow generally still good at this time of year in Madonna - it is much higher than the resorts we have normally go to so we hope so!
Thanks for your help.
latest report
@Simone, First of all you should be aware that Campo Carlo Magno is approx 1.5 miles from Madonna di Campiglio. There is a ski bus, but this stops running at 5.30pm. Unless you are staying at The Golf Hotel or the Zeledria Carlo Magno, the only way to get to town after the ski bus stops is by taxi (I do not recommend trying to walk it - busy road with no footpaths).
As for skiing, the resort is ideal for intermediates, but do purchase the Ski Area Campiglio Dolomiti di Brenta ski passes. This will give you access to all the skiing you could possibly want.
My wife and I will also be in the resort from 12th March, for what it's worth.
Verona is the closest airport, with a ''best'' transfer time of 2 hours, but in reality, with traffic etc., will be more like 2.5 hours
Bergamo transfers are only an additional 15 minutes.
Generally, we have good conditions in mid March, but the days can be sunny, hence, in the afternoons, the snow at the bottom can become a bit claggy.
Hope this helps
snow report
@Simone, @Campiglio, Am I right in saying that the lifts out of campo Carlo Magna are a bit rubbish? I seem to remember being forced to take a couple of the slowest chairlifts I've ever been on to get back into the skiing from there. Miserable old chairs designed for pygmies. It certainly deterred us from ever venturing all the way back down into CCM again, but maybe it's changed or we missed the decent lifts.
latest report
@foxtrotzulu, There are now two lifts at Campo Carlo Magno - Groste on one side of the road and Fortini Express on the other.The Groste lift is a telecabin, and Fortini Express is a modern chair lift. However, from the Groste side, if you take the wrong turn coming down, you end up with a flat, almost uphill trail to contend with back to the lift station.This can be avoided by using only red runs from Spinale.
If you use the blue runs, you have no choice but to push your way across this trail.
ski holidays
@campiglio @foxtrotzulu - thanks for your responses. Being outside the town is not a big problem - can 't see us having any big nights out with 6 kids in tow! We are looking at the Catturani hotel in CCM - on a half board basis. We don't need anything fancy (could'nt affordit!) and have been offerred a decent rate. Do you now this place? - any thoughts? Assume we would have to get ski bus from here to the lifts. Is their a ski school in CCM or would we have to go into Madonna? Thanks for your input; hard to get it right with a biggish group of various abilities.
snow report
@Simone, I know of the Catturani but have had no dealings with this property. In fact, we do not deal with any of the accommodation providers in Campo Carlo Magno. I wish I could be more helpful. All I do know is they do not have their own shuttle service.
I only know of one ski school in that part of the resort http://www.scuolasciccm.it/lang/EN/homepage
ski holidays
Hey Campiglio.

Just a quick question about logistics...

We have booked a large apratment in Madonna in Feb. Our friends have a 7 year old who's been advised should learn to ski in Folgarida. Now the issue is we all want to go out as a big group during the day after we've dropped the child off for the morning. Problem is one of the group doesn't do red runs. How do we get him back from Folgarida. Can he get a chair lift back over the hill? Or is he best driving back to Madonna and meeting us up one of the hills there??
snow conditions
@The Danno, I don't understand why your friend's 7 year old has been advised to learn to ski in Folgarida. In my opinion the facilities in MdC are better, with a lot more instructors.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy