Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
I'm at La Plagne now. We had our first day skiing today, me on my Bambi legs Smile
We didn't get out until mid day and the lifts were really empty, no queues at all.
Pistes were starting to get quite mogully and a few bits where it was a bit stony.
We went up Les Blanchets lift a few times and I think we skied down Belle Plagne piste. Since we only had one choice, we didn't pay attention to it.
It was very warm at the village as we set off, but a bit chilly on the lift.
I did a total wipe out on the piste above Aime, so we called it a day.
Walking though the Plagne Centre centre, it was really quiet.

Some forecasts say snow, some say not, so I'm just keeping the curtains open a bit and looking out. If it's these conditions with the amount of people next week, the slopes will be very congested.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@justacey, good morning. I understand Seasonaires with free passes have been asked (told?) not to go skiing this week to leave the pistes free for punters like you and me.
At least you managed some skiing.
Hope you have a good day today.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Our chalet host said they'd been told that and she's been there for 3 weeks but sneaked out for a run yesterday.
It did snow a little last night, perhaps an inch, the clouds are low this morning, but it looks clear on the top webcams.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There was a lot of low-lying cloud in La Plagne today and they had snow cannons running.
We decided to go all the way up top to Bellecote Glacier.
The bubble lifts were listing all sorts of times for closures from 1:15 to 3:15. We got there about 12:45 and visibility was very low and the boys just got on the last lift up to ski down before they shut it down and us girls didn't get a go.
It looks pretty as last night's snow is still on the trees, but it seemed busier today than yesterday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@justacey, Thanks for posting, it's good to know what's actually happening 'on the ground'
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You're welcome. I figure any info is good info even if I don't go far or ski much. Or even know where I've been. There's no real choices, you go up an open lift and come back down an open piste.
The stadium piste next to Becoins lift is supposed to be closed, but there's always a few people coming down the bottom of it. That had the cannons going all day today.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
as a seasonaire in la plagne.... Yes we have been asked not to go out as there are only 9 slopes open at the moment.. Went to a SAP ski meeting the other day and they are hoping to be able to open up more in the next week, all depends on what the snow does, they are making snow for the lower slopes, but because its been so warm recently, its a bit of a struggle... but at least we have more open than Les Arc's or La Rossiere!
i live in 1800, and it snowed 2 cm or so today, which is nice
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my family is due out on the 27th, myself, wife and 6 yr old daughter. if we are offered a cancellation we will take it but that is very unlikely,so....what is there to do in La Plagne to keep a 6 year old busy/happy?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mr ted, on the 27th? Why, go skiing of course. Have faith
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have da faith, mr smith, there will be snow everywhere and i will bring my brand new soul 7's, but just incase i have done something to displease the almighty snow gods, it woud be interesting to know what else there might be to do apart from bringing my rock skis snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I will ask the oracle and hopefully he (imnotapenguin) will answer all your questions, guarantee snow and provide the winning numbers for the next lottery draw
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mr ted, which bit of La Plagne are you staying in? Centre / 1800 / elsewhere / not sure. Travelling independently or with a Tour Operator? Staying in a hotel or chalet (which one?)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi there, we are staying in the hotel terra nova in plagne centre. cheers, Mr Ted Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like your choice of activities might be limited to toboggan / swimming / bowling and games room (open after 4.00pm) / cinema / bob sleigh / ice skating / etc
Not sure as to what age limits are / suitability of things like the kindergarten. Is she too young for things like squash? Indoor climbing wall is (I think) not for beginners
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks John, we both rock climb but do you know if you need your own ropes, we where very excited last year in tignes only to arrive at the indoor climbing wall and find out you had to bring your own ropes with you.

Cheers
Mr Ted
latest report
there is an indoor climbing wall in Plagne Centre in the sport hall, i think you need to bring your own ropes and harness, but im not 100% sure.
there will be two toboggan runs open next week, one in centre coming down from the colerado lift and one in bellecote coming down from the arpete lift.
there is also a swimming pool in bellecote
bowling ally and arcade in belle plagne
cinema's in belecote and centre
iceskating in Bellecote
there will also of course be skiing.... honest! they have only opened few runs this week, not because there isn't a covering of snow on the other upper pistes, but because they are saving it for the busy christmass week. For example the Roche de Mio and Grande Rochette gondolas have been closed for skiers this week, so i wouldn't worry too much.
ski holidays
I've just got in, from a decent day's skiing (for me)
Vis was down a bit which makes me ski better as I can't see what's in front of me to be scared of it.
It started snowing lightly at about 1pm, but now it's coming down quite heavy. The snow cannons are still going, so it's not nice skiing as my goggles were just getting covered.
ski holidays
said in a very quiet whisper - its snowing in la plagne - it may not be a game changer but it should mask a few more rocks for a day or so!!
snow report
Charliee wrote:
said in a very quiet whisper - its snowing in la plagne - it may not be a game changer but it should mask a few more rocks for a day or so!!

By the looks of the forecast temps for tomorrow it wont last long.😯😯
ski holidays
@Gaza, so true - but if the new snow melts - at least we might still have what's left of the old snow - and any snow is probably better than no snow. - I'm sure it won't amount to much but while its ----ing I feel better.
ski holidays
I'm off to La Plagne on 18th Jan so every little bit helps.
snow conditions
imnotapenguin wrote:
there is an indoor climbing wall in Plagne Centre in the sport hall, i think you need to bring your own ropes and harness, but im not 100% sure.
there will be two toboggan runs open next week, one in centre coming down from the colerado lift and one in bellecote coming down from the arpete lift.
there is also a swimming pool in bellecote
bowling ally and arcade in belle plagne
cinema's in belecote and centre
iceskating in Bellecote
there will also of course be skiing.... honest! they have only opened few runs this week, not because there isn't a covering of snow on the other upper pistes, but because they are saving it for the busy christmass week. For example the Roche de Mio and Grande Rochette gondolas have been closed for skiers this week, so i wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks, hoping to ski, and hoping the current precipation continues.

My 6 year old daughter told her teacher that there wasn't any snow for our holiday and that we have been doing the snow dance. The teacher got the whole class to do it.......it was at lunch time.......just before it started snowing!!!! Shocked snowHead
ski holidays
@mr ted, Tell that Class to keep it up please snowHead
snow conditions
i will, no doubt about it!
ski holidays
can anyone whisper an update, dry, wet, rain or ----? thanks
ski holidays
Snow rate seems to have eased off, but there's a good few inches of fresh.
snow report
Heading out there on Saturday and hoping the warm fronts tmrw and Fri arent as warm as forecast. Am thinking of doing lessons if the snow isnt great so at least get to jump the lift queues and work on technique.
ski holidays
well, the drive up to La Plagne yesterday was about the worst ever.
Sleet at Aime soon turned to snow that was settling
And the snow was heaving down
Snow clearly took the roadies by surprise - no snow ploughing.
Despite winter tyres, driving from bend 9 onwards was vary hairy.
Lots of cars all over the place trying to put on chains.
Was still snowing when we went to bed
Looks like about 20cm fallen - but obviously warmer now from looks of road from our window
Just about to go out.
Not many lifts running and only a few pistes
Will report back later.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was raining earlier. It made skiing not pleasurable as my goggles needed windscreen wipers.
I don't know what the weather is doing now as I can't see out the window, the clouds are here.
Hubby has pulled his calf, so he's not going out tomorrow.
snow report
The nephews have just come in and they said it was fun skiing as there's hardly anyone on the pistes, but vis a bit poor. It is still raining/sleeting at Plagne Centre level.
ski holidays
Yup, it wasn't too bad, especially those periods when the rain stopped.
Pistes more or less empty
Higher pistes are ok: we went up Blanchette and the new fancy Collosses black-and-red stripy lift.
Stopped off for Hot Chocky in Bergerie which was open Very Happy (usually shut this week),
Run back to Plagne Centre fine, but had to take the bus down to 1800 as the runs down are closed.
We might try up to the glacier tomorrow - weather forecast better but staying warm.
snow report
Message from SAP on Facebook - not too bad given the lack of snow!

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••._.•´´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸.•´´¯`••._.•´´¯`•.¸.•´´¯`••._.•´´¯`•.

➽ OPENING WEEK-END DECEMBER 20th 2014

After the opening of the altitude sites of the ski area on December 13th, this Saturday, December 20th, is the official opening of La Plagne. For Christmas week, the occupancy rate in resort is 54% on average with a total of nearly 200 000 night stays. With the current snow conditions, about 40% of the ski area will be open.

The ski area
It snowed 16cm on Wednesday, December 17th. The warm temperatures have meant that it has not been possible to make a lot of artificial snow this week. Subject to favourable weather conditions, the Société d’Aménagement de la Plagne can now offer about thirty runs and fifty lifts.
The ski link with Plagne-Montalbert is not open for the time being.

The Vanoise Express is open but the Paradiski link between the ski areas of Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry and La Plagne is not yet accessible to skiers. Pedestrians (without any ski/snowboard gear) can take the Vanoise Express to see the new graphics by artist Jean-Charles de Castelbajac.

The SAP teams are continuing to work to offer the best conditions possible with the changing weather conditions.

Practical information:
- “First snow” rates applicable exceptionally 20 - 26 December.
Special early season rates for every type of pass from 4 hours to 21 days.
1 day La Plagne: Adult: 37€ instead of 49€ - child/senior: 29€ instead of 38.50€
6 day La Plagne Adult: 181€ instead of 241€ - child/senior: 141€ instead of 188€

N.B:
- Snow Bulletin updated in real time: http://bit.ly/1C3aWl9
- For the safety of all, it is strongly recommended that you only ski on the groomed runs.

Alternate activities
Walks on the Dou du Praz, hikes with the ski school guides, descents on the Olympic Bobsleigh track (preferential rates early in the day), adventure park, giant zipwire, ice grotto, extra films at the cinema, additional opening hours at the swimming pool, discovering the local heritage, additional events with the events team.
In Champagny en Vanoise: cross-country skiing, zipwires, sled dogs with kart, paragliding…
See Translation
snow conditions
@Charliee, I just saw that. It's a good thing our holiday is Sunday to Sunday Smile All those brand new pistes snowHead
snow report
It was gorgeous up on the glacier today. Not too busy, but it's a blummin long trip to get there.
I thought I'd "go off piste" round a pole. Bad idea as as soon as my skis hit the powder they decided they wanted to stop. My head kept going and I totally face planted.
I'd just got myself up and sorted and someone else did exactly the same thing. But he went further off than me.

There was a close run that would take you back to the half way point on the top bubble. I refused point blank to do it. My brother-in-law took the teenagers with him and they didn't want to do it twice.
By the time I got back to the village most pistes were in the shade but a bit crisp.
snow report
@justacey, just like you, we went up to Glacier. And indeed the snow up there was lovely.
we were tempted to take the closed black run down - it looked quite nice from the lift - but from your comments, we are glad we didn't.
We also decided not to ski down from Roche de Mio, though many others were.
We can wait until tomorrow when some of those runs will be open.
All in all, a lovely day.
snow report
@Jonpim, Since we are in Plagne Centre, I'm refusing to go over to Belle Plagne if there's plenty of runs above us open tomorrow.
If I can do a day without having to ski the nightmare that is Trieus, I'll be happy. I like the top and I can do the narrow bit before the end (by the half pipe, I just have a freak out at the wide mogully bit before that.
ski holidays
well, @justacey, you can avoid your "wide mogully bit" by going right just after the restaurant at the top (Chalet Trieus?) and going down the gently gully - its the route many instructors take their class.
Or you can take the long route round from the top of Grand Rochette: don't take Mira, but go round the back to Col de Forcle coming out at the top of what used to be The Long Drag (now truncated also called Col de Forcle). Then you can ski down to Bellecote a number of ways, all avoiding your nasty run. You could even try the Fun Park snowHead
latest report
how much of the La Plagne resort is open from 1800 upwards, webcams look okay but can be deceptive
snow report
I had a look at an app on the chalet ipad (skiplan) and I wasn't too impressed with the list of pistes that are due to be open. They seem to be more of the lower village ones rather than higher up ones.
So I'm still going to have to do Trieus if I can't find Jonpim's alternative route.

But it is gently snowing now.
The forecast here seems to have been the most accurate this week http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/La-Plagne/
latest report
We are coming out on the 27th. Crystal have really dropped there costs now. We are staying in plagne Lauze at 1800 we paid around 740.00 it's now only 577.00
I guess a lot of people will lose out due to the lack of snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy