Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
@Ricklovesthepowder, If you ski down le Bois there is a good pancake 'hut' at the bottom just opposite the entrance to the gondola, always worth a visit and quite reasonable prices.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes @roguemazza, we all learn the hard way that the enticing place on the way back to Bellecote/Belle Plagne from Arpette lift is vastly over-priced.

We were over in Montchavin/Les Coches (on way to Les Arcs) and really didn't find it any different than usual rolling eyes

No queues anywhere, until we got back to Bellecote.
I can see this being just as much a disaster as in seasons past.
Until this season there were 3 ways out of Bellecote back to Plagne Centre: Colosses 4-seater chair, Colosses drag, and Blanchette chair then Leitchoums drag (now moved to Dou de Praz). Now there is only one way: the upgraded Colosses chair: 8 seater and faster, so it is claimed.
Well, today the queue was already significant as we arrived (about 4pm) and the lift was going real slow, and then stopped.
The queue gradually enlarged behind us.
When the lift started again it was going real slow again. Then is sped up, we got on, and it stopped, all sudden like.
After a few minutes it started again, real slow. Then is sped up briefly, before stopping again.
And so it continued all the way up.
Cold day. We were frozen.

Does not bode well for the rest of the season.
If this lift fails there is no back-up.
And like they have had to replace the Coq lift for fail-safe connection for Montalbert, i wonder if SAP will realise you need another lift linking Bellecote with Plagne Centre.
The Colosses lift is not enough, however fast and fancy it is.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonpim, I think they will need to re-instate the Leitchoums drag eventually, that was always an easy route into Plagne Centre from either the Quillis or Blanchettes lift.
Even the pistes down into Bellecote from that side seem to be suffering from the increased traffic down to Colosses.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skied down Mont Blanc last run of the day, truly awful in places. Very icy on sections and unless there is snowfall, or they run the canons it will be a nightmare tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ricklovesthepowder the runs of Verdon are in good nick, Hari Kiri, kamikaze and bozelets, the runs of Borseliers are good as are the runs off the Rosas chair. Did not try to ski all the way down to Champany today so no idea on that run.
@skiscampcouk I found the joy of Champany last year, it's even better when the sun shines like this afternoon Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonpim, The queue for Colosses at New Year was so long and slow that we got the bus around to 1800! Normally we would have avoided Bellecote altogether by using the BP chair and the drag Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim wrote:
As @Ricklovesthepowder posted: conditions are rather good, and weather kind: sunny periods and cold.
Montalbert, above Plagne Centre, Champagny sector, and down into Bellecote all fine.
We love the multimedia elves on Les Lutins above Montalbert.

Weather is being a big tease: snow keeps being threatened, but never arrives.

Friends were over in Les Arcs today and say conditions over there as good, if not better.

Warning to those using the bus to and from the stations.
Contract has been awarded to a new company this year (was Transdev Berard).
They are not to be trusted.
Often buses don't turn up
And they don't wait for the train if it is delayed.
The night train this morning got in 40 minutes late, and even though i and others had pre-booked, the bus had gone.
I understand there have been lots of complaints so far this season.
The advice is if you need to catch a train, book a taxi.

I've organised Basil Fawlty to go round and present my complaint

It might be considered, 'a sledge hammer to crack a nut', but best hit 'em with "The Spanish Inquisition" straight away Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonpim the last 2 years we have always stopped for a beer on the Arpette, as we stay in Belle Plagne, never had an issue with their prices before, yep you pay a premium but a lovely view, seems they have hiked their prices this year.
The really icy run yesterday was Mont Blanc, and rick seems to agree today that was bad. I remember the last 2 years having fun on the in between pistes at the top but this year you can see grass in places, other runs may however be better.
Gutted it's our last day tomorrow, has been a great 6 days skiing so far, challenging at times going between groomed piste, lumps of powder and icy bits but that has been a great learning experience for me.
I think we will be back for a 4th time next year, I really do love la Plagne Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaza wrote:
rdsweb wrote:
Gaza wrote:
Who is willing to bet that LP is likely to see anything like the amount that Bergfex are forecasting for Thursday 29th January. Very Happy

They are currently predicting 90-95cm for that day now. Here's hoping for once it'll be accurate cos we arrive on 31st (assuming we can get up the mountain)

25-30cm became 90-95cm and is now 50-55cm. Very Happy Very Happy

To be fair the following day is forecasting a further big dump. If only it were to happen........ Razz Razz Razz Razz

Forecast continuing downwards. Note to self: stop getting too optimistic so far out. Laughing Laughing Laughing

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got. To. Stop. Looking. At. This.

If it does come off Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @Gaza, can you tell me what site you get these forecasts from
thanks
Charlie
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charliee wrote:
Hi @Gaza, can you tell me what site you get these forecasts from
thanks
Charlie

bergfex.com

WARNING: It is dangerous to your sanity. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heading out on 7th Feb - please let that Bergflex chart come true - up to 1.8m of snow dumped the week before I get there = YES PLEASE......PRETTY PLEASE!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks @Gaza, indeed watching snow forecasts this year has been painful at best!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oh my, I think Ive been dancing too hard if that forcast comes off, could be amazing but could ruin the last few days of holls.

Not stayed in La Plagne before but how sucepatable is the resort to shutting down in bad weather? And how about the Vanois express? If its just white out then the trees above Valandry would be ok if I could get to them.
snow report
We are off on Sunday to La Plagne for the first time and were really looking forward to it. I really hate skiing on ice it really knocks my confidence. We are staying in Club med in Aime La Plagne. Have been reading the above and it really sounds like the pistes are suffering, with sign of new snow until the end of the week when it will be time to come home! Im thinking of just staying high. Also can anyone tell me which are easy reds and which reds I should avoid?
ski holidays
roguemazza wrote:
@Jonpim the last 2 years we have always stopped for a beer on the Arpette, as we stay in Belle Plagne, never had an issue with their prices before, yep you pay a premium but a lovely view, seems they have hiked their prices this year

What's this place called you are referring to?

Had lunch today at the Bergerie in Plagne Villages that was a nice place but not cheap. Table service though and well presented.
ski holidays
It's a bar/restaurant just above Belle Plagne on the Arpette run
ski holidays
I suspect @Jonpim, is referring to this place: http://arpettelaplagne.fr/

It has fantastic views, but is indeed one of the more pricey stops on the La Plagne circuit!
snow report
@chopkins13, oh I know where you mean now. I stopped for a loo stop there earlier on. Didn't buy anything though as something put me off. I didn't get chance to look at the menu I went on to the place further down La Bergerie instead.
snow report
Good day today despite the rising cloud inversion which kept rolling in and out. Greg days skiing despite the worsening conditions. Can no longer ski down to montalbert, and more snow is needed across the whole area. Rocks are now staying to show on many pistes from 1500m all the way up. Dodging rocks on the Plagne glaciers all the way down to la Plagne its self. Next week potentially 1.5m snow next thurs-sunday. It does need it.
snow report
Do you mean Montchavin ?
latest report
Are they not running the snow cannon? Due out Sunday.
latest report
Soaranski wrote:
Do you mean Montchavin ?

Sorry montchavin Shocked
latest report
Arrived in Les Arcs this afternoon - several snow cannons running from what we can see out of the hotel windows in 1600. Apparently the conditions in Les Arcs are better (less icy) than La Plagne, so may be worth coming over here if you have the area pass - will try to post an update after I've been out tomorrow.
ski holidays
Yes I agree the snow is better in Les Arcs. It's snowing lightly in Plagne Centre, typical now I'm off home in the morning.
snow conditions
Skied La Plange today - asolutely no issues with the whole area at all. Lovely, grippy, cold snow. Even the artificial was tolerable.
latest report
Feast wrote:
Skied La Plange today - asolutely no issues with the whole area at all. Lovely, grippy, cold snow. Even the artificial was tolerable.

Great to hear, sounds like we will be in for a good week next week - providing we don't get snowed off the piste at the end of the week!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Currently snowing in Les Coches, quite heavily. Typical go home in the morning.
ski holidays
About to leave, 2" fresh snow in Les Coches this morning. You will need winter tyres to access the mountains.
latest report
Les Arcs also great today - went over as far as Vallandry so getting towards La Plagne. Pleasantly surprised by conditions, as was prepared for the worst - but really lovely snow on a lot of pistes as Feast says, and better than some of the runs on my previous holidays, where there had been a lot more snow! If anyone comes over to Les Arcs, would say that the runs round Vallandry were particularly nice, and quiet too.
snow report
It's been snowing lightly since Saturday night so that has freshened things up a bit. Still some hard patches on the busier pistes but some reasonable snow to be found,
this afternoon to the side of the kamikazee was ankle deep powder in places. Light snow forecast for this evening and overnight and then (hopefully) at least a metre of snow due to arrive between Wednesday and Sunday
latest report
Very light snowfall all day has increased to steady snowfall this evening, a few cm has fallen since sunset to 10pm so already more than snow-forecast. (La Plagne 1800)
ski holidays
Plenty of fresh snow this morning Happy
snow report
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
Plenty of fresh snow this morning Happy

And more to come:-

snow conditions
Looking good @Gaza!!
snow report
Snow is still going - falling pretty heavily right down to the valley this morning Happy
snow report
It was between ankle and top of boot level on the pistes this morning in Champagny and very quiet. Ventured out for the last hour and it is still dumping it down with the forecast for it to become 'heavy' tonight.
Tomorrow should be a fun day and Saturday looks like it should be epic.
snow report
2 sleeps to go. Let's hope Sunday is epic too. Smile
snow conditions
@sabreboy, I would imagine it will be one of the best days of the season so far. It is now dumping it down but with larger snowflakes than before, today has been heavy snowfall with smaller snowflakes.
Now it is heavy snowfall with large snowflakes (I'm sure an Eskimo would understand the differnce) but it should be pretty deep in the morning
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy