Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Webcams are looking brilliant this morning. Sunny and pistes look great. Enjoy! 2 more sleeps Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All had a good day?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great day Rick, lots of sunshine and the snow on piste was great in general.
Had a lesson with Oxygene and ended up skiing to la Roche and Plange 1800, still some icy latches on the pistes down there.
Mira off the Grand Rochette was in really good condition, as were all the runs of the Blanchett lift this morning. Runs of the Arpette were lovely this afternoon as well.
Everything is really quiet, which suits me perfectly.
Planning on the Champany sector tomorrow and will report back at the end of the day.
Rick, do you have any lessons planned and not booked? Had lessons will my third instructor over the last three years with Oxygene, and again a great lesson, they all seem to listen to what you want and then push you a bit as well, I highly recommend them and no I have no affiliation!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@roguemazza, never had a ski lesson in my life tbh! Just learnt by watching guide and instructors lol. How much were the lessons? Was it private?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Private lesson, 99 euros for 2 hours. I'm only on my 4th week skiing and have found them amazing, each lesson brings my skiing along a huge amount.
No idea of your skiing level and if you need lessons snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@roguemazza, I might look into it then. €99 for 2 hours in a private lesson is brilliant!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
never had a ski lesson in my life tbh! Just learnt by watching guide and instructors lol.

Interesting Ricklovesthepowder. I note you didn't contribute to the Can you/should you teach yourself to ski?.
Pity. Your experience would be worth hearing - especially in light of your snowheads name wink

I've been skiing for nearly 30 years. Learnt in Austrian Ski School (Obergurgl), and still have lessons most years.
(Though last season was trying to Telemark)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Always have lessons mate.

I had a 2hr private with Reflex last Tuesday - the guy was an ex moguls champion and decided that going down couloirs on my rental GS skis was the way to go, among other things - lol.

Great guy and really enjoyed the time spent with him. Always valuable to get pointers to refine technique and you often get shown places you wouldn't normally think of.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, despite my name, can't ski off piste. Fall over within seconds lol. I might look into those lesson and see what deal they can do. 3 of us going 2 skiers and a boarder, so will see if they can do a private lesson for the 3 of us.

On piste I am very confident and have taught myself. I just watch what the instructors do and follow them around lol. I try to copy what they are doing and so far it has worked, but I feel that I am at a plateau of where I can take myself - lessons are needed to improve further.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Rick I have previous experience with Nico (works out of Plagne centre), Antoine (belle plagne) and from today Adrian (belle plagne), my husband had a lesson with Jenny last year and has another on Tuesday (plagne centre). All have been great so I don't believe you would get a bad one.
As Asterix says getting some 1-1 tuition us great, I'm fairly new to this but my husband has skied since a kid and always gets something out of the lessons.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going to enquire with oxygene. Roll on Tuesday morning.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arrived in Plagne Centre late afternoon and snow looks good from what I could see. Very chilly outside when I went to get my lift pass so I shall be wrapping up warm tomorrow. La Plagne looks good so far, everything to hand and convenient and the hotel is opposite the lift.

Looking forward to trying it out on the first lift tomorrow out of here.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Ricklovesthepowder, I had a lesson with jenny from Oxygene last year and it did me a lot of good. She is positive and very astute. She will also push you to a new level. Recommended. That is at Plagne Centre, so 40 minutes or so from Les Coches.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris Bish, cheers mate. I will enquire tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
She is an ex-racer and will not take any crap! Competitive and eager to press on. I have great memories of short-tacking through the mist on the steep bit of Sources last year, desperately trying to keep up with her in the fog, when she suddenly stopped and said I wasn't engaging my spades right on the inner edge. It made a difference. You get a lot of energy and value for your money.

snowHead
snow conditions
First day yesterday, staying in Montalbert. Snow great.
snow report
Im going out there next week Smile

does anyone know if the deal that Oxygen do for lessons, lift pass and ski hire are only for begginers?

My girlfreind should definatly qualify but my other freind will be taking one of their top level lessons but hes wondering if he can get the deal as it is a begginers special?
ski holidays
Are there any moguls in La Plagne or Les Arcs at the moment?
latest report
@medlington, The packages are just for beginner and level 1 - We signed up for level 1 last year and got bumped up to level 2 on the first day becasue we were 'over qualified' !!!
snow report
A couple of great days in la Plagne.
Yesterday started with light snow and poor visibility, we headed over to Champany and the snow conditions were good, around 12 ish the sun came out and all the french went to lunch, so we enjoyed empty slopes and had a great time.
This morning was an easy one skiing laps from the blanchet and Arpette as I had a lesson this afternoon. Another great Oxygene lesson, did my second ever black, the Rochette, which was in great condition, also did Hari-Kiri on the Champany side and again that was great. Ended up in the green snow park above Belle Plagne for my first ever snow park experience, it was great snowHead
Forecast seems to show little snow buy a nice mixture os sun and clouds.
In general the snow is good but there are scraped parts in busy areas and icy patches, I've not really minded as it has been good practice for me!

Must add bumps are evil, my next nemesis to beat snowHead
snow report
Had a good first couple of days here in La Plagne. Went up to the glacier this morning and enjoyed new squeaky snow, best snow of the season so far even if it was tracked out. Went over to Champagny afterwards and it was very quiet over there, it's pretty quiet everywhere really, not had to queue for any lifts at all. Looks like a little snow forecast tonight looking at the sky this afternoon.

Ricklovesthepowder have sent you a PM but then I forgot you are only arriving in Les Coches today I'd forgotten what day it was what with not going to work.
snow report
Who is willing to bet that LP is likely to see anything like the amount that Bergfex are forecasting for Thursday 29th January. Very Happy

snow report
Just woke up. Cloudy but with the sun liking through. Will report back later.
ski holidays
@Ricklovesthepowder, we are all dead eager to hear how snow is. Let us know if any fresh also
snow conditions
@peanuthead, I will be brutally honest, the snow conditions are fine. Stay high and no ice, head low and there is some ice patches on South facing slopes where the sun has got to it, but these are very few and far between. We had a great first day and piste generally are is good condition. A fresh snowfall would be welcome to give the pistes that softer feel and more powder to them, but it isn't as bad as some have made out. Resort is very quiet and haven't queued for a single lift all day. Still skiing on groomed runs at 3pm, we then called it a day as had already clocked up 20 miles on skis and descended over 16,000ft. Back at the chalet now chilling out.
snow report
Glad you had a fab first day!
snow conditions
@Ricklovesthepowder, Happy for you man.
ski holidays
Keep it that way 'til the weekend when I arrive and I'll be v. happy. Looks to be v. cold next week though. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, as Rick says I can't say I've had any complaints about the snow actually, seems just fine everywhere to me. Went over to Les Arcs today and skied all the way down to Villaroger from the top of the Aiguille a Rouge plus various other bits of Les Arcs.
snow report
As @Ricklovesthepowder posted: conditions are rather good, and weather kind: sunny periods and cold.
Montalbert, above Plagne Centre, Champagny sector, and down into Bellecote all fine.
We love the multimedia elves on Les Lutins above Montalbert.

Weather is being a big tease: snow keeps being threatened, but never arrives.

Friends were over in Les Arcs today and say conditions over there as good, if not better.

Warning to those using the bus to and from the stations.
Contract has been awarded to a new company this year (was Transdev Berard).
They are not to be trusted.
Often buses don't turn up
And they don't wait for the train if it is delayed.
The night train this morning got in 40 minutes late, and even though i and others had pre-booked, the bus had gone.
I understand there have been lots of complaints so far this season.
The advice is if you need to catch a train, book a taxi.

I've organised Basil Fawlty to go round and present my complaint
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, what was the run down to Villaroger like?
ski holidays
Gaza wrote:
Who is willing to bet that LP is likely to see anything like the amount that Bergfex are forecasting for Thursday 29th January. Very Happy

They are currently predicting 90-95cm for that day now. Here's hoping for once it'll be accurate cos we arrive on 31st (assuming we can get up the mountain)
ski holidays
We arrive on the 24th so hope that big dump is all overnight. We don't really want a massive white-out with top lifts shut on our last two days! Can't wait to get there....!
snow report
rdsweb wrote:
Gaza wrote:

They are currently predicting 90-95cm for that day now. Here's hoping for once it'll be accurate cos we arrive on 31st (assuming we can get up the mountain)

25-30cm became 90-95cm and is now 50-55cm. Very Happy Very Happy

To be fair the following day is forecasting a further big dump. If only it were to happen........ Razz Razz Razz Razz
latest report
Great day today, made even better by the lovely sunshine this afternoon.
Played over in Champany where the snow was great.
Headed over the Arpette to Montchavin yesterday and they seriously need more snow over there, ice city.
Last day tomorrow and I think we will head back to Champany again.
Got the shock of our lives yesterday at the bar on the Arpette run when we stopped in for a beer on the last run of the day - 9 euros for a big beer Puzzled needless to say we will not be back. 3euros 60 for a vin chaud at Borseliers in Champany, I believe 5 90 for a big beer, much better value!
snow conditions
@roguemazza, I had a panini and a beer at Borseliers earlier in the week and thought it was a good place.
ski holidays
@roguemazza, @VolklAttivaS5, I'm glad it didn't take you long to realise that Champagny is THE place to be wink

It should be even better next week, nearly 1.5 metres of fresh snow forecast on snow-forecast.com for next Thursday and Friday. Lets hope this one is correct.
snow report
@skichampcouk, so is the snow all the way down into champagny good?
latest report
@Ricklovesthepowder, The le Bois run is open and the reports are it is better than normal, it is usually icy and can have a few bottlenecks at busy times.
I would never call the snow on it good, even just after fresh snow it can be very icy in places. I would call it a challenging, rather than pleasant, run.
ski holidays
@skichampcouk, skiing la Plagne tomorrow, did Les Arc today so will try down to Champagny.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy