Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
@AsterixTG, Woohoo party!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I woke up at 5 this morning in order to drive to Geneva and looked out of the window I did swear just a little. Unpack the Timberlands and the ski jacket. Pack away the suit jacket and the work shoes. Load baggage in the car and drive down the valley through about 5cm of new snow and still falling. Careful what you wish for I suppose. I hope for the sake of those that are still there that this is the beginning of winter proper. Certainly the pistes will be a lot nicer today. Grrrrr.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bogusman, that a shame, but this new snow literally has me grinnig from ear to ear! Fly out on Tuesday, and looking at the forecast much more is due between now and then!!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not only some snow Ricklovesthepowder, but it is forecast to be cold: below -10°C. With the wind it could feel nearer -20°C.
Good for keeping the snow in tip-top condition. And for making exposed bits drop off. rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jonpim, sounds great to me!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We were over in Les Arcs today but only stayed low level. When we came back over it was obvious that they'd had plenty of snow around and above 2,000 metres.

Tomorrow morning should be awesome. I'm hooking up with Graham Warren and going back over to Les Arcs, but provided the pistey beasties do a good job, it should be pretty good over both areas.

More snow forecast all the way through to next weekend.

Keep dancing guys.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AsterixTG, sounds a lot better. Lets hope that they can move some snow around and cover up those icy patches that seem to be on most piste's lower down. Looking good for Friday, decent snowfall amount due. keep dancing folks. 6 more sleeps!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charliee wrote:
...we also enjoyed great snow was in the Vélières bowl leading down to Champagny-en-Haut.

Any cover on the goat track at the bottom of Vélières, or is it a walk down?

Is it complete to valley floor on Canadiens/face nord?

Cheers.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergfex has scaled down its predictions over night. Yesterday evening there was 50cm+ due to fall over he next 5 days, less than half of that now. It's a waiting game..... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Bergfex has scaled down its predictions over night. Yesterday evening there was 50cm+ due to fall over he next 5 days, less than half of that now. It's a waiting game..... Madeye-Smiley

Last night Friday through to Monday was predicting a total of 64cm. This morning that has dropped to 28cm. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

It will be what it will be. (But please be more. Please.)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At least all the forecasts are showing snow though, I imagine getting the correct amount of snowfall is pretty tricky.
Still looking good for a top up tomorrow night before our first day skiing on Saturday!
Should be in resort mid afternoon tomorrow and will provide reports on conditions over the week.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gaza, the good news is something will fall which is good. I will be happy will 28cm bearing in mind where we were only 3 days ago!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heavy snow on Friday according to Radio La Plagne
http://podcast.laradiostation.fr/?radio=rlaplagne&langue=en&rub=meteo
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Boresurfing that's great news!
Hopefully it will be later on Friday once we have made it up the hill!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great days skiing. Both La Plagne and Les Arcs were in much, much better condition.

Managed to get the Gopro out as well so will put the footage together when we're home. Hooked up with a fellow snowHead, Graham and had a good ski about.

Hopefully it holds for tomorrow as well. We'll be staying in La Plagne tomorrow.
ski holidays
@AsterixTG, more snow tomorrow. Glad to hear that the conditions on piste are much better.
ski holidays
Glad to hear things have improved significantly as I'm off on Sunday
ski holidays
@Jonpim, ... snow tonight ... Very Happy
snow conditions
Looking overcast on the webcams which is a good sign. Let's just hope the snow arrives.
snow report
Nothing today other than a couple of very minor flurries.
Flat light this morning but it cleared later on. Ended up a fun day in the end.

Still cloudy as of 4:20pm, no snow as yet.
snow conditions
Just got everything booked for the 25th so a week of snowdancing is in order
ski holidays
Clouds look full of snow over belle plagne right now, excitedly waiting for it to start.
Guy in ski hire said they were expecting 20-30cm tonight so fingers crossed!
ski holidays
I always go high for my 1 or 2 weeks a year as I'd be so upset to get to brown fields rather than snow. Sometimes this doesn't work too well as it can be veerrryy cold. However I'm so glad I kept the faith this year. Out on 24th Plagne Centre. Glued to webcams, this thread and weather outlook thread. Can't wait now. snowHead
snow report

From La Plagne via Facebook

➽ advice timetables and weather conditions

- the snow falls are announced by météo france on the access to stations at the end of the day friday And in the night.
It is likely that the special equipment will be required to access the stations by friday evening.

- saturday, the traffic will be responsible in the morning in the sense of returns of stations and given The night snowy, it is likely that the special equipment will also be required to leave the stations in Early morning.
The arrivals in stations will be rather the afternoon with a favourable.

- sunday, the traffic should be fluid.

Some advice to the motorists:
- by adverse weather conditions, adapt your speed and be even more cautious ;
In addition, it is prohibited to exceed the gear of snow removal in intervention ;
- do not forget your chains, think about let them accessible and, before you leave, made A test of mounting on your vehicle ;
- équipez - you to warm clothing, of a electric light bulb and water.

'•. ¸¸.• ´´¯ '••._.• ´´¯ '•. ¸¸.• ´´¯ '••. ¸.• ´´¯ '••._.• ´´¯ '•. ¸.• ´´¯ '••._.• ´´¯ '•

➽ weather forecast and traffic conditions

- snowfalls are announced by météo france on the resorts accesses in the end of the day ( friday ) And in the night.
It is likely that special equipment will be necessary to reach the resorts by friday evening.

- saturday, the traffic will be heavy in the morning in both directions. Special equipment will be also necessary to leave the resorts.
We advise you to plan your arrival rather the afternoon ( more favourable weather ).

- on sunday, the traffic should be fine.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 16-01-15 18:49; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
ski holidays
It's started....
ski holidays
@AsterixTG, Woohoo! Get some pics please.
snow report
Nothing in belle plagne yet.
Is their a link on how to post pictures, if it does snow tonight then I'd love to do some before and afters to help Ricklovesthepowder
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best way is with a photo bucket account. Upload the pictures then copy the img code onto here, bingo
snow report
@roguemazza, Easy to pay some money to snowheads and a pic upload button appears Toofy Grin
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/support_snowHeads.php
ski holidays
Why do they turn all the webcams off at 6pm ish? A cam in Belle Plagne or Plagne Centre or Bellecote with a light background would be great when it starts to snow. I've got to wait 'til tomorrow am now. Puzzled
snow report
@boredsurfin, well I never knew that Shocked
snow report
@Michael B, I have just spent 20 minutes trying to find the same thing. They all show 5pm and nothing else! Pathetic really. Well Twitter is saying it's snowing in les arc.
snow conditions
The Belle Plagne cam needs a service as well. It used to be the best cam for seeing it snow but it's rubbish now.
snow conditions
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=maps&CREG=fra&CONT=euro&ROAD=0&CITY=&L=0&SLP=0&W=0&BIG=0&LF=0&SUM=0&ZEIT=201501162100&UP=1
ski holidays
Current radar images show the edge of the front very near to Paradiski but not quite reaching it Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
8:40am

Not as much fell over night as I'd expected but it's still snowing and it's pretty heavy now. Light and fluffy. I'd guess we've had around 7cm or 8cm so far. Vis is low.

Thermometer is showing around -3C but it's expected to get colder according to the forecasts.

Time to get ready to ski!
latest report
@AsterixTG, have a good day.
ski holidays
A good day was had. First to last lift. Variable vis throughout the day but was fine in general. Enjoyed off pisting on my GS skis Smile

Hooked up with SteveM for a couple of hours. Always nice to meet another snowHead.

You're going to have a nice week.
snow report
Great first day today and I'm knackered.
Visibility was ok but we didn't go any higher than the top of Becoin and the Arpette.
Went down to Mobtalbert for the first time and snow was in General pretty good. La Roche was good but a few icy spots near the bottom.
The runs into plagne 1800 had some nasty sheet ice but it was just a case of keeping an eye out so you don't get caught out.
Had great run lapping off the Arpette this afternoon, great snow and nobody around, we skied a number of pistes and saw nobody else.
Got a lesson tmrw afternoon and sunshine forecast so hope that comes off.
All the buts that were green yesterday are now white which makes things look so much better
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy