Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Show

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to the ski show today does anyone know what they are usually like. Thank You
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went last night was ok, plenty of useful information available on chalets and holidays. Not a huge amount of equipment for sale and I wouldn't say huge discounts. Unsurprisingly lots of forms to win holidays and people being very smiley about their resort. Was great to pick up,some inside information and must admit the boot fitter at Ellis Brigham seemed to know what he was talking about (free). I think I'm more confused about where too book than I was before unfortunately. That reads back as quite a poor review but I'm glad I went
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your comment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Much quieter than usual I thought. Sad to say I think its days may be numbered. Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I haven't been for a few years. It's one of those things that are good fun but you sort of need a reason to go. We were looking for helmets and goggles. It's a good day out with lots going on. But rather commercial. I didn't find that anything was particularly cheaper than elsewhere but there was much more choice. I always find these thing a bit bitter sweet. It's not the same thing as skiing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Met up with friends for a beer bought 2 holidays at really great prices and a reduced price wheely bag which was a £10 saving. But would agree about future may be limited. Wasn't quite sure itwhat the cat protection league and The New York Times were doing there!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds wrote:
Met up with friends for a beer
...while successfully avoiding me Wink
Quote:
Wasn't quite sure itwhat the cat protection league and The New York Times were doing there!
Further, I felt the Cat Protection League was somewhat at odds with the RSPB.

There were some very odd stands there to fill the space.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My daughter wants to know: Were the canine defense league there smiling and panting with their tongues hanging out?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There were certainly some Huskies there, although I'm not sure which league they belonged to.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was trying to find out when it was going to be on at the NEC this year, but it looks like it isn't going to be on, is that correct?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I always think of the Cat Protection League as some sort of feline superhero alliance then I am somewhat disappointed when it turns out to be a bunch of barmy old ladies rattling buckets at my local station.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The show isn't about sales and discounts any more, but it is good to see what's on offer. There was a nice increase in the number of small companies promoting their products, many of them UK based, if not UK made. I think it had a much better vibe this year and while there was a bit of filler, there wasn't as much completely pointless stuff.. no fudge stands, and noone accosting me to slap greasy wax on my shoes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Manchester was quiet even though we went on Saturday afternoon when i guessed it would be packed. My main reason for going was to get the kids excited prior to our trip and it achieved that. Dare2b had some good discounts but most stands it was more useful to browse.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NickyJ, the original organiser of the NEC show, lost the date last year to a rival event organised by In The Snow, the free magazine. So he teamed up with Telegraph to promote the Manchester show on the same weekend. As a result the In the Snow one never got off the ground.
Another company was lined up to be doing some kind of Outdoors or Mountain life show this year that was supposed to include skiing but that seemed to falter late in the day too.

Personally, I used to like the NEC show - it was always very friendly... although that might just have been because snowHeads were there making it so Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@admin, those huskies were on the ESF sponsored stand so I think they're affiliated to them... The kids had good fun at Riglets and had a little go on the Snow Centre snow pile outside. Was oh-so close to dropping money on a new Jones Mountain Twin yesterday.
snow report
Thanks everyone I've decided I won't be going your comments were ver helpful .
ski holidays
@admin, after chatting, you have now got me thinking of Italy with the kids for next season - if they stay still for long enough to get ski gear on them that is wink Lovely to see you again!
ski holidays
admin wrote:
@NickyJ, the original organiser of the NEC show, lost the date last year to a rival event organised by In The Snow, the free magazine. So he teamed up with Telegraph to promote the Manchester show on the same weekend. As a result the In the Snow one never got off the ground.
Another company was lined up to be doing some kind of Outdoors or Mountain life show this year that was supposed to include skiing but that seemed to falter late in the day too.

Personally, I used to like the NEC show - it was always very friendly... although that might just have been because snowHeads were there making it so Wink

That is a shame, I have only been to the NEC show and was hoping to time a visit to the in-laws with it and hop along (possibly leaving the kids with the grand parents Happy) oh well. Thanks for the back ground. Manchester is too far up for us.
snow report
always29 wrote:
@admin, after chatting, you have now got me thinking of Italy with the kids for next season - if they stay still for long enough to get ski gear on them that is wink Lovely to see you again!

Any where in particular? I am still considering Folgirado for half term or Whistler at Easter .... Now all dependant on hubbies job Sad. He is Currently marked at risk.
snow conditions
@NickyJ, no idea! But we picked up a pile of assorted flyers and which ever one I was reading had free kids lift passes up to age 8 so that'd do us for another couple of years, we're sort of doing it DIY at Easter so will see how that works out as suspect we'd have to go DIY to have any chance of getting an "affordable" half term break. Bad news about hubby's job though - R was under a redundancy threat for the best part of a year before it came to fruition, not fun, hope you get it sorted sooner than that.
snow report
We'll know by 15th Dec at least.
latest report
I am reliably informed that next year it will be at the old Battersea Power Station and will have a load of real snow involved.
snow report
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Great to meet you and Mrs Rungsp at the show.
snow report
@rungsp, That would be amazing...if its ready by then.
latest report
@rungsp, Isn't that the old Freeze festival coming back after a year off... plus now Batterseas a building site where are they going to host it?
snow conditions
AFAIK
Battersea = yes
Powerstation = no
latest report
So in the park, is it Freeze or Ski show?
snow conditions
We were told it would be held at Battersea too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Battersea Park... ski show indoors, festival outdoors, plus fireworks display.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy