Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The work trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, my depression at not being about to head off for a season, unlike last year, has been tempered by an invitation to the (free) work long-weekend trip to Megeve in January. Excellent.

Have been told that some of the folk going take it quite seriously – there is a slalom race on the last day! Proper City macho nonsense, I think...

Just had to fill in the form and stick down my level. See below – blimey. Don’t want to think what the organisers regard an expert to be...

Quote:
Intermediate - Able to ski/board on all blue/red runs and easy black runs.

Strong Intermediate- Able to ski/board on all blue/red runs and comfortable on black runs. Experience of off-piste, moguls and more difficult terrain.

Advanced- Strong all round skier/boarder on all pistes and terrains. Interested in challenging runs, off-piste, moguls and more difficult terrain.

Hating not being on gardening leave this year. Small compensations welcome, though!

Day 2 involves heliskiing for those who want it (that would be me, for sure), presumably over in Courmayeur? I have never been to Megeve or Courmayeur; experiences, fellow SHers?

IS ANYONE ELSE EXCITED ABOUT THE SEASON BEING ALMOST UPON US???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can I get a job at your place?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I can, a blind, syphilitic monkey could, so I think the answer is "yes"
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think if I try hard i can meet those standards, if a little bit of a stretch target. Where do I sign up?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Harry Flashman wrote:
Well, my depression at not being about to head off for a season, unlike last year, has been tempered by an invitation to the (free) work long-weekend trip to Megeve in January. Excellent.

Have been told that some of the folk going take it quite seriously – there is a slalom race on the last day! Proper City macho nonsense, I think...

Just had to fill in the form and stick down my level. See below – blimey. Don’t want to think what the organisers regard an expert to be...

Quote:
Intermediate - Able to ski/board on all blue/red runs and easy black runs.

Strong Intermediate- Able to ski/board on all blue/red runs and comfortable on black runs. Experience of off-piste, moguls and more difficult terrain.

Advanced- Strong all round skier/boarder on all pistes and terrains. Interested in challenging runs, off-piste, moguls and more difficult terrain.

Hating not being on gardening leave this year. Small compensations welcome, though!

Day 2 involves heliskiing for those who want it (that would be me, for sure), presumably over in Courmayeur? I have never been to Megeve or Courmayeur; experiences, fellow SHers?

IS ANYONE ELSE EXCITED ABOUT THE SEASON BEING ALMOST UPON US???

I hope you put down your ability level as 'Best skier on the mountain' Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I sure did, brother.

They are paying for heliskiing. I couldn't quite believe it when they told me this morning!

I'm staying on to ski with Jo & Simon in the PDS on the Monday and Tuesday afterwards. Obviously, you will be joining us as you'll already be there, doing next season without me, you git.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Harry Flashman wrote:
I sure did, brother.

They are paying for heliskiing. I couldn't quite believe it when they told me this morning!

I'm staying on to ski with Jo & Simon in the PDS on the Monday and Tuesday afterwards. Obviously, you will be joining us as you'll already be there, doing next season without me, you git.

That's awesome, paid-for helisking! We always talked about doing it last season but never got round to it, maybe this season.

Yeah man, for sure Very Happy You know you're always welcome to stay over at our place in Morzine for those times where the seasonitus kicks in. A week or two in the snow should be the cure!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Harry Flashman, I have been to Megeve several times, will be there on the 17th and 18th Jan, what kind of things do you want to know ?

Are you sure the heliskiing will be in Courmayeur ? It wouldn't take long to get to other places in the Aosta valley.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ciaran, I will be seeing you out there dude. Very, very envious and weirdly homesick for France!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 31-10-14 18:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They pay for the heliskiing too? I think this is the sort of company I need to find a job with. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^+1
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They are paying for everything. I have no idea where the location is, but apparently chopper picks us up in Megeve over the three days to go to wherever it is we go (Italy, presumably). 4 in each group, two ascents/descents per group. I can't wait!

Skiing is the CEO's thing - and this trip is sort of legendary. Very, very chuffed to get to go in my first year working here...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ArcticFox1, @Arctic Roll, I think you will find that I requested a job first!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy