Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2014-2015 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
Last time I caught it, which was some time ago, you just had to buy a ticket from the ticket office.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Claude B, Same here but to be fair that online booking thing already shows one bus complet for the 28th. You have obviously removed anything to do with school holiday skiing from your mind Toofy Grin Hope to see you at easter Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skitow, Yes haven't done it since we skied there in 2013 and that was by Bens Bus. Heading out again soon, will be there until the bitter end, pleased to meet up again Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Claude B, @skitow, can I come? 😃
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skitow

thanks all done Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rjmm, No problem. When I asked a french friend to help decipher a french bus timetable she just laughed and walked away, said she did not have all morning to spare rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Nick D, See you no doubt. It would be good if dates all coincided! I shall probably pop over in a couple of weeks haven't been yet this year.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Claude B, @Nick D I should be around 28th. March to about 8th April
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi again

just wondering which is the best apres bar to ski into bearing in mind i am staying on the route du signal near the sphere bar ?

just wondering ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skitow, we're there roughly same period, be good to meet up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll be there Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Morning all

I've just gone on for my daily hit of webcamming and the place looks deserted.

Is there a problem? Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've actually just logged into snowheads to see if anyone else had spotted this - and obviously you have!
I thought the website (sataski) was stuck at 8am or something....but no, the light intensity and shadows suggest otherwise. I notice the only uplift running is 'Grenouilles' the travelator.

Can't be a horrific avalanche risk as I can see plain yellow flags flying. Catastrophic power failure and the Grenouille has a little generator??

And yes, after a pleasant week there last week I am getting my daily fix of Alpe D'Huez webcams Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very strong winds out there today I believe. Lots of lifts/runs closed in L2A, probably the same.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, just now seen a comment about strong winds on the FB page.
Snowforcast gives 35km/20mph at mid-resort level so, although that is rather breezy, the stories don't quite add up. All lifts closed???

Please don't tell me the travelator has been kept running so that "ski-ing in the resort is available" so far as refunds or insurance claims are concerned,
ski holidays
@JanA, @kiteman69, Yes, looks really strange. Just 4? of the flattest, slowest beginner lifts open. Meteofrance forecast is showing 54kph max so it is unusual that some of the other more sheltered lifts are also closed.
ski holidays
@JanA, @skitow, @skitow, on other threads it's reported that winds are high and lifts closed. Meteo france and snow forecast are forecasts, not measurement of actual winds. Nearly everything is closed in Tignes, for example.
ski holidays
JanA wrote:

Please don't tell me the travelator has been kept running so that "ski-ing in the resort is available" so far as refunds or insurance claims are concerned,

That what I was thinking.

I was lucky with the fact my insurance paid out for closed piste when I went in January to L2A.

(Nielsens gave us an official letter from the lift company stating It was shut down due to bad weather)
ski holidays
@pam w, It still is unusual, because of the way the area spreads over more than one valley you usually get a few more than that still open in high winds. Got some friends there at the moment, not a good last day Sad Yes I know it's only Friday tomorrow rolling eyes )
snow conditions
@skitow, Agreed, highly unusual for both lifts out of Oz and everything in Montfrais to be closed at the same time as AdH, must be might blustery!
ski holidays
Not so good. I am heading out on 14th march. Anyone out there update how the pistes are holding up.
snow conditions
Not so good. I am heading out on 14th march. Anyone out there update how the pistes are holding up.
ski holidays
I'll tell you when I arrive tomorrow snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
You get a reasonably good idea from this http://www.sataski.com/en/winter/alpe-dhuez-grand-domaine-ski-webcam/
ski holidays
i was there on Thursday and was pretty windy up top you could see the snow swirling around the peaks all lifts closed until about 4 and they kept them open a little longer than usual

viz was bad on sun, monday was fine and it rained on tuesday, wed you couldnt see the end of your skis thursday closed fri was fantastic what can you say about alpine weather !!

had a great time nevertheless
ski holidays
Rubbish start to holiday today. Managed about five or six runs in the bowl as could not get out due to lift closures. By midday everything closed. Annoying cause it is calm for 7or8 minutes then gusts that could take you off your feet. Never had this before. Hope it blows itself out overnight
latest report
@mikeelsa, sorry to hear that, just reading that SATA are planning some form of reimbursement, not much use when you've lost a day of your holiday. Sounds like it should be ok tomorrow.
snow conditions
Bad news @mikeelsa, hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been good blue sky day yesterday and no wind. Today was sunny and warm with some gusting wind which eventually saw uplift closed beyond marmotte so no access to glacier. Plenty other runs to keep us entertained but very sugary. Really needs some fresh snow
ski holidays
Very mixed out there today, low cloud, variable vis, some decent piste skiing if a little heavy with the odd bare & icy patches, could do with some snow but pretty mild & felt like rain below around 1500m. Clouds have closed in now so we'll see what they bring, if anything. Beer o'clock!
snow report
@Nick D, Packed in early ourselves today, which is unusual. Supposed to snow tonight so not too much beer Very Happy Was going to contact @Claude B, about a trip to LDA and / or a trip for him here. Will PM my mobile number to you.
latest report
@skitow, pm'd you. Torrential rain in Oz this evening, hoping for some snow higher up otherwise I'll be getting the VTT out!
latest report
Chubby rain this morning at 1350, we must be right around the freeze level as it's almost but not quite snow. A little dusting of white on the roof tops. Think we may get wet today, sounds like things should calm down by Thursday.
snow conditions
A good 20cm white snow in Alpe d'Huez village, looks a bit heavy though should be better higher up, still snowing now.
snow conditions
Upper lifts closed now with avvy risk at 4 & lower runs very sticky, hopefully will get colder soon.
snow report
It's stopped raining! Some blue sky & sunshine among the clouds so hoping for better skiing today as long as the winds dropped.
snow conditions
Nick D wrote:
hoping for better skiing today as long as the winds dropped.

It did Very Happy but then it came back with a vengeance didn't it Sad and then the rain came back as well......
snow report
That all sounded very negative, we actually had a pretty good time until about 13-00, quite sunny, although the half set concrete on the unpisted runs was interesting.
snow report
@skitow, Funny old day, moaning about the skiing seems irrelevant as 2 people were killed in a car accident on the road down from Oz this afternoon, watched the helicopter come and go from our balcony and the road only just reopened, awful.
ski holidays
Been a bit busy the past few days, including a great day skiing some fantastic snow in L2A with @Claude B & a failed attempt to get to Les Sept Laux on Monday thanks to a chocolate gearbox in the Transporter which will now have an extended holiday in France before returning home by truck. Skiing in ADH is great, plenty of snow cover, (The Tunnel was best it's been all winter on Sunday)bit icy early am and heavy lower down late pm as expected but generally very good for April😃
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy