Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2014-2015 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
ouch @Nick D must admit there were a couple of times last week when I was glad I was rental Skis!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Woken by the ploughs again, hope this is the real deal snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A few cm overnight and it's now snowing steadily. Shame it's our last day, when this lot passes it will be superb.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
really interesting jumping between threads for tignes, serre che, val and here along with the outlook thread, it seems as though a lot of snow could fall this weekend, a freind is leaving paris tomorrow for l2a just wondering what his chances of

a getting there and

b getting some skiing he is coming back to work on monday !

light drizzle in paris - awful

feb 28th loks a long way off right now Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rjmm, I think getting here maybe the issue, we have a mate who's leaving tomorrow to catch a flight to Buenos Aires for 6 weeks in the Antarctic, he's getting a bit nervous. Shocked

Still coming down pretty heavily, looks set in for a while so guess I'd better get amongst it snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick D wrote:
Still coming down pretty heavily, looks set in for a while so guess I'd better get amongst it snowHead

thanks for taking one for the team
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1
Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:
Nick D wrote:

thanks for taking one for the team

@Arno it's a dirty job etc...😃.snowed all day & still coming down, stayed low as wind got up this afternoon and not exactly light powder but the trees in Montfrais were great fun. Tomorrow should be epic but avvy risk will no doubt be high.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Nick D, isn't supposed to carry on dumping tomorrow?
jealous, but I'm off to Austria tomorrow for a long weekend and hoping to get a day around ADH during a La Grave trip in March
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Been snowing pretty much non stop for the last 24 hours with word being that the heaviest snow fall is yet to come tonight Shocked snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Arno, Who knows, may have to extend my stay! Friends reckon it's going to keep snowing until next Wednesday.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Arno, Have a great weekend BTW 😃
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowing lightly this morning in Oz and looks like around 12-18" fell overnight. Wind getting up so expect it'll be head for the trees again today
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still not stopped snowing, I reckon we've had circa 1m of new snow at village level over the last 48hrs. Had a great last couple of days, fingers crossed the journey home isn't too chaotic.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Still snowing here, plenty of deep powder all the way down to 1500. Visibility a little interesting but if the weather clears it will be amazing. Lack of snow most definitely not a problem now!
ski holidays
Looks like a day to die for out there today. Here's a picture the missus took when she was leaving Oz yesterday morning.

ski holidays
Think we're going to have to pay a visit over there from Serre !!!
ski holidays
@bjorn again daehlie - some photograph that !

well my friend from the office got there ok last weekend and he is now back in Paris, he said the snow was great though the viz not so much

any old road up, its feb and i am counting down the days !

could anyone give me an idea of where to get the bus from Grenoble up to ADH on sat morning, i am staying in the centre of town on friday night so i assume i am going to have to get back to the airport or the train station or the bus station ?

should i book up in advance and what would the cost be approx ?

i am staying on route du signal close to the sphere bar does the bus stop close by ?

thanks
snow report
alternatively if anyone is leaving grenoble for ADH on the morning of Feb 28th, i would be happy to share transport and costs ?
snow report
Think the bus station is just next door to the train station . See http://www.transisere.fr/ . Google for a map.
snow conditions
@ Bjorn again - that is a really lovely picture.I`ve had a place in Oz for 8-9 years but don`t ever remember seeing the road like that.
ski holidays
@jonty m.o.

snowing in Paris right now !
snow report
Hi, any live updates from the area? We arrive friday morning. It seems some snow is expected?
snow report
I've skied the last couple of days, great piste skiing to be had!
snow report
Heading down tomorrow night for a week. Fresh snow forecast for Saturday and Sunday - should be great.
ski holidays
@Bjorn_again_Daehlie, Enjoy snowHead Should be good, we're not out for half term this year but hope to get back before our 2 weeks at Easter.
snow report
Cheers @Nick D, Snow-Forecast predicting 80cm of fresh snow between now and Tuesday. Let's see if it materializes. Looks as though we'll get fresh powder anyway. Heading down tonight to avoid the traffic.

Might get down in March for a weekend so might bump into you then.
snow report
Warmer and a few more clouds today. New snow arriving just in time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morning

anyone in ADH this week ?

whats it like ?

i am travelling down to Grenoble on Friday, looking at the weather thread on here it looks possible that we could have fresh snow for the weekend !

can anyone recommend a restaurant for a blowout during the week ? i was loooking at La Cremaillaire on line and it looks pretty good ?

anyway any rec's welcome
latest report
Our friends have recommended the restaurant at the Altiport. I've never been there myself but maybe this weekend for the wife's 40th.
latest report
@howiet

that should be interesting ?

looks like you take a mini pisteur up there, let me know how you get on

as an aside

i sent my brother the forcast from meteoexploration.com this morning reporting 33cm snow falling on Monday next week by the time he opened it it had changed to 7cm

what chance have these guys got in getting it right when it can clearly be so changeable ?
snow report
You can just walk to it or drive.

http://www.restaurant-altiport-alpedhuez.com/presentation.htm

It was snowing this morning so I'm sure all will be good for you Smile
snow report
I always think l'Altiport is best for a sunny lunch - great view and you can watch the comings and goings on the Altiport itself which are mildly hair raising at times!

@rjmm, are you talking dinner or lunch? For lunch, Les Airelles over near Vaujany is good as is the Combe Haute near the bottom of the Sarenne (also accessible from Auris if you don't fancy the Sarenne)
latest report
I too have seen the Cremaillaire.

Any other recommendations for where wife and I can go for evening meal on the chefs night off.

We don't really want a pizza or a burger, but then again I don't really want to paying an arm and a leg either. Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
@Arno

dinner, there will be 3 of us and it usually entails a cote de beouf or magret, something of that order with a few bottles of nice wine

i will use your advice for lunch anyway but we are staying on route du signal and looking in that area, le sporting for example ?

@howiet i was looking at the wrong place ! rolling eyes
ski holidays
@rjmm, i'm pretty out of date on ADH restaurants for dinner - I usually access the area from Vaujany so know the lunch spots much better Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Last time I went a couple of years ago Au Ble Noir was recommended to me and we ended up eating there twice that week, it was excellent. Worth booking though it gets busy.
latest report
Au Ble Noir has long been one of our favourites (on the steps opposite the Tourist Office just below Au P'tt Cru which is over-priced IMHO) but the Chalet d'Altiport is also excellent if a bit out of the way.
snow conditions
@nick D
@Claude B
@Arno

m.o. as always i will try and book a table

just been looking at the bus timetables from grenoble - Adh, they are not the easiest !

it looks like there is an 11h30 bus from gare routiere grenoble gets me into adh 13h15 and you are unable to book online ?

can anyone confirm that please
latest report
@rjmm, I think you can do it here :- http://www.transaltitude.fr/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy