Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France 2014-2015 :Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
looks like snow now on the webcams
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surprised at that, was 8℃ when we left.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really, that mild! its set to get a lot colder by the looks of it
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
OMG l'Alpe d'Huez looks dire Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
irie wrote:
OMG l'Alpe d'Huez looks dire Sad

Does it? I'm heading out there on 24th and not too concerned. Pistes don't look in too bad condition at the minute, maybe a bit thin and rocky low down but still plenty of reasonable skiing to be had from reports I've seen. Plus with the possibility of 30cm+ of fresh snow over the next week it's not all doom and gloom.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Advice please...previously always travelled as a package however doing DIY this time. One of the package tour advantages is that they take care of lift passes on the transfer coach however we need to organise our own this time. Does anyone know if you need a photo for ADH. Also is there likely to be a queue at ticket office when we get there (Saturday afternoon - start skiing on the Sunday. Any help appreciated.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No photo required and I didn't see a queue last week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some reports saying there's been 20cm of snow today apparently?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's really painful watching snow forecasts changing all the time and forecasted snow not materialising!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Both ADH Facebook pages posted pictures this morning of fresh snow, looked a fair bit.

Russeh wrote:
Some reports saying there's been 20cm of snow today apparently?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think 20cm may be overdoing it slightly but anything welcome . Friends in Oz tell me it rained in the station (1350m) yesterday but they're hoping for the locally forecast dump to come to fruition this weekend so fingers crossed. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I hope so @Nick D, we will be there on Saturday, now it forecast snow on that day but i will happily take a painful transfer with the prospect of good snow conditions Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Russeh, Hopefully the forecast is accurate and you have a great week, I'm back out there on Saturday week with 20 mates, the bar bill could get silly if the skiings still bad Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@born again daehlie
@arno
@nick d

got myself on a 15h41 tgv from paris gare de lyon - grenoble arriving 19h03 for 56 euro

got a hotel in grenoble old town so i am ready to go !

the friends i am meeting have a 02h00 start to get a 07h30 flight from mancs arriving around 10h30 i am expecting them to reach adh around 15h00 just in time for rugby internationals whichever way you look at it that is a long old day !!

cant wait Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rjmm, Sounds like a good plan, have a great trip Very Happy
snow conditions
@Russeh, Arriving on Sunday, early flight Bristol to Grenoble

Forecast looks promising!1 Very Happy
snow report
@Nick D, Laughing sounds messy. I'm sure we will. Looking at the webcams it looks a lot better today

@martyngb, snap all being well we'll be there by lunch time
latest report
@Russeh, Bens Bus estimates 1230 arrival, need to get bearings, pick up skis, get some provisions etc then hopefully burble about the resort
latest report
oh i know Ben's Bus, there pretty good. We're with Crystal so with the forecast for snow we'll so how that pans out Laughing

you know i've never got to a resort in time to do any skiing the same day, even when doing the DIY trips. Might get the chance on Saturday, depends how I'm feeling as we've to be up at 2am to get to the airport.
snow report
Now snowing in Bourg D'oisans so hopefully a decent dump up in resort overnight
snow conditions
Left Alpe d'Huez this morning and will post a more detailed report when I get home. However, just saying there's plenty of good skiing available despite quite a few runs closed. There was about 20cm new snow at resort level by 9am this morning and still snowing. 15cm at Huez village and a few centimetres in Bourg. Seems like a good weekend to be arriving!
snow conditions
Well we've arrived and it's still snowing Very Happy
snow conditions
Today was just awesome. I'll try and post some pictures later but a really good day
snow report
Will be great to see a report or some pics from recent holidaymakers. Look forward to viewing! Happy
latest report
Sunday

It was a different day yesterday

snow report
It was cloudy and a little snowy yesterday the piests are in pretty good condition, although still rather thin. I went over to auris yesterday and one of the runs was brown, im glad I'm on rental skis. Still that's the only place I've seen that everything else is soft grippy snow.

Not sure where I'm off today it looks like it might brighton up.
snow report
@Russeh, if its sunny, get yourself onto the glacier
snow report
Up in the glacier this morning then Sarenne. Lovely
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arno, it looks like might the same tomorrow so might get up there tomorrow.

ADH might be my new favourite resort
snow report
Finally got round to doing the run down to Oz today, what a lovely run.
snow conditions
Any sign of fresh snow keeping the pistes topped up??
snow report
There was no new snow yesterday but there was a small amount overnight on Wednesday. When I took my skis back the guy in the shop was saying there maybe 2 metres Of snow due in 2 days towards the end of next week....
snow conditions
Just arrived today, pistes definitely looking a bit thin still. It has been snowing steadily for the last couple of hours, not heavily but a good dusting so should at very least refresh what's there Very Happy
ski holidays
@GottaCatchEmAll, have a good week. Yeah the snow is a bit thin in places but had no negative affect on our week last week. The fresh snow will improve things nicely too
snow conditions
The wind returned again up top today and DMC and above closed this morning. Not a busy week so queuing not too bad at lower lifts. Piste conditions certainly better than 3 weeks ago and very cold today.
snow conditions
Just come back, the snow was great in the bowl but it was very very windy on Friday and Saturday, the runs back to the DMC/Jeux and Marmottes were holding up well but some icy patches in places.

All in all very good, although everytime we headed towards Vaujany the clouds came up and made it less fun.

First time in ADH for years and thoroughly enjoyed it.
ski holidays
Great piste skiing today under cloudy skies. Started snowing around 4.00 & still going 7 hours later, 3" or so at 1350, could be good higher up tomorrow assuming the wind stays away.
latest report
Looking like a lot of snow due Thursday/Friday!

Is the wind still affecting the lifts then @Nick D?
snow report
Sunny yesterday. All the top lifts were open, but windy at the top. Generally very good piste conditions, did Sarenne, lots of light deep stuff on the upper parts. Looks like being cold and sunny again today, all good.
snow report
@Russeh, as @Paul-B, says it's been windy but they've managed to get most lifts open with some delays. The wind has scoured some pistes down to nothing, got a core-shot in my 2 day old Down CD 110s yesterday on the piste at top of DMC, Crying or Very sad . Heading up to take a look at the Combe Du Loup this morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy