Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Cabin Bag 2014-15 season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Confused Confused well serves me right for not checking, but youd think a 'cabin' bag would be the right dimensions to go in the 'cabin' nope doesnt conform to BA doesnt conform to Thompson, both of whom we will be travelling with this season, so thats a waste........... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BA will allow you 56cm x 45cm x 25cm including handles, pockets and wheels. The bag you have bought is 56cm x 33cm x 30cm but as compression straps so you may be able to compress the height down to 25cm. I think you would struggle to get it in the overhead without the compression. I use a Travelpro carry-on each week on easyJet and that is 55cm x 39cm x 27cm. It fits snuggly in the overheads on A319/A320 aircraft but there is only enough room at the top to squeeze my jacket in. If there were another 8cm of bag it would be a very tight fit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@iskar, the site I found claimed it was within norms. But clearly not!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have the lange one 49x33x11 and its great http://www.theski-shop.co.uk/4928/products/lange-duo-ski-boot-bag.aspx
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@iskar, the site I found claimed it was within norms. But clearly not!

no, and i havent even looked at squeezyjet, my fault for thinking a conforming cabin bag actually wood.......... ill be having a word!!!!! NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@iskar, I would have just gone with a standard wheeled carry on. Eg. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1709159.htm

I am also rather averse to wandering aound with ski branded luggage.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All of the airlines have cabin bag size limits but have you seen the size of some of them that get taken on as hand luggage particularly on transatlantic flights and to make it worse some of the people have to be assisted to get the bag in the overhead locker and they have a large 'personal' bag.

Having said that if they will allow you to get to the plane with the bag then they have to accommodate it either in an overhead locker or the cabin crew can put it in the hold with all the other checked luggage.

I think there is a different argument for the std 5kg allowance for charter flights to European ski locations.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One thing to remember is that many manufacturers quote the dimensions without wheels. Thats why I go for 2-wheeled trolley bags and not spinner cases. Sometimes you get great bargains on TKMAXX (I got a briggs and riley business trolley case at 65% off). However, I do like the Lange bag. What I've been looking to get for some time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@iskar, I would have just gone with a standard wheeled carry on. Eg. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1709159.htm

I am also rather averse to wandering aound with ski branded luggage.

bit different when sponsorship is involved Cool Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@iskar, yes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy