Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko march 2015 advise/info needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got opportunity to ski in niseko for 6 days, 1st visit to Japan
Can anyone please advise if I should bring my own skis ( currently ski in touring ski 86mm under foot with dynafit st binding ) and would also join group/guide to ski off piste in the area, info as to how to organise arrangement very much appreciated
Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I took k2 hardside 98 mm underfoot and they were fine but everyone else was on 110 or more and I think you will enjoy the snow more (assuming conditions are good) on wider than 86
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christ did you ski with local guide and if so how did you arrange it ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
black diamond. lots of info on Niseko back country if you search on snowheads index. we skied the small areas around Niseko. hire equipment is good with skins etc. limited vertical so lightness of equipment not a big deal. apologies for brevity
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks I will do a search
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First of all, you're going to a great place!

A pretty common rental ski over there would be something like a Volkl Mantra of similar, probably 98 plus underfoot.

If you're looking to hit the good stuff outside the resort, this would be an absolute minimum. - Mine are 112's and I'd say that they'd be a pretty good "one ski quiver" for over there.

86mm would be very thin for Niseko, probably only really suitable on those rare days when it hasn't snowed for a few days and you're staying inbounds.

Hope this helps, just my opinion, but have been there twice and am going again this season..........
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did a search and looked at related threads.
Think I will leave my skis behind and take the back dimond tours package
Do you think I need to book in advance, how busy/availability in the time of season during my visit (2nd week in March)
Ideally, I would like to arrive at resort, see what conditions are like and decide which tour to sign up to
Any comments?.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No need to book unless you want something in particular or skins. Everyone is changing skis all of the time there just for the fun of it. Where else do you get to try so many types of skis in powder?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Id be a little wary about leaving the tour bookings until you turn up.
Certainly BDT usually are fully booked for Jan/Feb by about now, maybe just open up a dialog with them, most of their tours and even their single day guides do tend to chase the snow and if they are aware of you and what you are after they might be able to make up a group with the same expectations.
If you don't own powder skis get 'em there, go fat fat fat with the longest rocker you can find i wouldn't think these would be to problematic to find but do talk to BDT if you are planning on doing anything other than the bowls around Niseko. Happy trenching!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy