Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpes Business Class Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, has anyone used Alpes Business Class for transfers? They have given us a very competitive quote from Geneva to La Plagne so just want to make sure they are legit!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @Alieeeh, welcome to SnowHeads. I can't answer your question. But maybe @Snow and Sunshine might have heard of them. I think they're in La Plagne. Maybe they'll pick it up or you can message them. Good luck.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @henzerani, thanks very much! They seem to be ok, they quoted through findtransfer.com - will let you know in January if we don't get picked up!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just noticed that they have nicked my bloody photo for their website.... sending in the lawyers....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ansta1, Really? That's a bit worrying! They've confirmed our booking but not asked to any payment yet, starting to have doubts now Mad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Will see if they respond to my email, if not it will be escalated further. Just found a couple of other people using it, this could be a profitable if painful day of emails....

unless of course Badmin, snow-forecast or fotolibra have been selling it on without my knowledge.... As that would be a seperate discussion.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ansta1, which pic/web page???
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Homepage, the courchevel at night image.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is the image they've used without permission or payment.

it's currently as said above sat on their, and a couple of other sites home page.

http://www.alpesbusinessclass.com/en/accueil.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CHEEKY GITS! Finish them!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dialogue commenced, whilst they may be unaware of the ownership of the image if provided by their website builder, ignorance is not a defence. Certainly not after finishing them, some recompense will have to be forthcoming.

I am not a greedy person, but I have mouths to feed and ski holidays to pay for, with one at least to courchevel so I am sure something mutually agreeable may be in order Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ansta1, apologies for inadvertently sharing that image on FB when their website crashed on me. Agreed that ignaorance is not a defence, I have had some of my own apartment photos used in the past, and although I did not seek payment for them, it was a real hassle getting them, and duplicated text removed.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Hells Bells, no problem, main reason for chasing them is that the image has actually generated me a fair few quid over the years (as well as a snowheads calendar).

And under the terms of my agreement with a photo agency i do need to provide explicit release for use in commercial terms, even if I choose to do so for free.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ansta1,

And these ones it seems:

http://ski.voyage.bg/destinations/france/3-valless/courchevel.html

http://www.skichalets-courchevel.co.uk/

I've no idea if either of them are your ventures tho Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@feef, second one is already being dealt with, first one I hadn't spotted so far.
ski holidays
TinEyE and Google Reverse image search are your friends when this sort of thing happens
snow report
I know, use tineye selectively, but have over 4million images in my library and can't afford the fees. Happy
snow conditions
@ansta1, having installed the Google extension for reverse image search, I've found a couple of my own being used again.
latest report
Annoying isn't it.
snow conditions
@ansta1, very.
snow report
It's this website, a local French TV channel. http://www.dici.fr/actu/2013/12/27/avalanche-mortelle-de-serre-chevalier-les-reactions-de-la-station . The photo on the commentary at the bottom was taken by my hubby in about 2004. Lift doesn't look like that now.
snow conditions
@ansta1, One of my neighbours had their chalet for sell and when it was advertised in the newspaper they used a photo of our house.
latest report
@Hells Bells, string em up.
@Swissie,ha, how many visitor did you trying to buy.

Now anyone speak cantonese or mandarin, found a cheeky decker who is actually selling my image as a stock photo.
snow report
ouch.

my pic was being used on a Thai travel company website. better still, it was remote linking of the image on my server Smile
swapped the file for one that I "stole" from the internet, that just happened to be XXX rated Twisted Evil

never heard of the transfer company, though.
latest report
the 'transfer company' has now removed my image and replaced it, have to say think my one worked better...Sad
snow report
@ansta1, I've emailed them in my bestest French, asking that they either remove the image or credit it to Chalet Chamoissiere with a link to our apartment. wink. It's obviously been there for a while, and it is an old story so unlikely to bring much traffic, but every little helps.
snow conditions
Alieeeh wrote:
@ansta1, Really? That's a bit worrying! They've confirmed our booking but not asked to any payment yet, starting to have doubts now Mad

hi,

we have a quote from them as well through findatransfer and they also didn't ask for a deposit. that does seem strange and out of protocol for the industry. we are going mid-feb, the busiest period, so we are suspicious that they don't require a deposit.

are you going ahead with them?
snow conditions
Hi guys,

Alpes Business Class is a legal transfer company. You can see their transfer licence on our site http://www.findtransfers.com/profiles/ALPES+BUSINESS+CLASS

If you have any doubts please drop us an email at hello@findtransfers.com and we'll be happy to contact them on your behalf.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks.

how long have you worked with them? have there been any complaints about them?
latest report
ansta1 wrote:
unless of course Badmin, snow-forecast or fotolibra have been selling it on without my knowledge.... As that would be a seperate discussion.
I ain't sold nuffin pal - U can't pin nuffin on me Smile
snow conditions
Very Happy
ski holidays
@motherof4, they registered in September and there have been no complaints at all. As you can see we have added a 'Review' feature to the site recently and we are hoping that by next winter all transfer companies will have plenty of feedback.

Also, from experience, there are transfer companies that don't require a deposit, while some do and some companies prefer getting the full payment at the time of the booking.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us with any further questions.
latest report
motherof4 wrote:
Alieeeh wrote:

hi,

we have a quote from them as well through findatransfer and they also didn't ask for a deposit. that does seem strange and out of protocol for the industry. we are going mid-feb, the busiest period, so we are suspicious that they don't require a deposit.

are you going ahead with them?

Yes, I think we will still go ahead as we booked them through findtransfers.com and feel reassured by their input!
snow conditions
I'm sure they will be fine. I have just booked the PT for the family trip to the 3v's in Feb. Always use 3 valleys transfers but left it too late this year. Have now booked with Snow white transfers, return from CMF to Couchevel 1850 450 euros, 50% deposit taken by them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy