Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Celeb Boarders

Poster: A snowHead
If this has not come to your attention before, you are sure to be amused by this article about Montel Williams:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlighthealth/2004-02-13-montel_x.htm

the thing that gets me is how he is claiming 500 days of boarding in 5 years - this guy needs to get back to work
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Must be difficult squeezing in a season and being a talk show host (or whatever it is he does).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey, come on guys: the poor guy has got multiple sclerosis! Sad
His boarding days are numbered: he's just trying to get as much boarding in before his illness stops him.
Way you go, Montel! I bet you turn the girls on in all that kinky (safety) gear. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:
Hey, come on guys: the poor guy has got multiple sclerosis! Sad

I don't think MS excuses his hilarious comments such as "I ride between 42-46 mph". How does he know this? What happens before he gets up to 42mph and just before he stops? Curious Confused
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tony,you can buy a handheld GPS,stick it in Rucksack & Hey Presto,end of the day,tells you total mileage (Just for interest Value) ,but best of all your maximum speed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ok, the question shouldn't have been how, coz i knew that. rather it should have been, WHY? and why then think that other people might want to know? i thought i was anal!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Speaking from experience of our group......its a male boll#cks thingy.We're bored, T how fast did you go?Give the Bloody thing here,i'll beat that poxy speed. Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bored old chap, if i remember correctly there wasn't much to be bored about in Saalbach Very Happy You guys had a big grin on your faces every night and I don't think it was to do with how fast you were travelling. Then again all that powder was beginning to be boring by the end of the week Wink

Besides what with the GPS, get into the deep stuff and start linking falls, ain't that what this boarding larks about. As our OAP boarders would say, if you arn't lying in it you can't be enjoying it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
joshing with yer mates is one thing. quoting it in an interview with such accuracy (why not simply "roughly 45mph"?) as if that is the only speed that you ride at, is quite another.

of course, he could have been misquoted or the comment could be out of context, but it's no fun if you acknowledge such things!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tony Lane, keep in mind that the primary purpose of the article was to get people to wear helmets. That's probably why speed entered the picture. And who knows how he actually responded to the question!

Yes, I've been "sound bitten!" rolling eyes Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello Scragsy.Top week..........yep Big Grins all round on our table.
And mostly due to the white stuff......but a fair amount of p#ss taking also!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Still smiling now, been talking 'bout the week over the Bank Hol in the pub when I wasn't working. Lots of powder, beer and P!ss taking.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In fact a whole wave of new Nicknames were created!BB. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BTW. My knee is STILL knackered. Don't know what I've done to it but its not good. Nevermind, as long as its ready for next winter Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well if it isn't ready for next season,i'm sure you can get a 'Sicknote' from the quack! Laughing
ski holidays
Hi guys,
dumped the old guys and off to Courchevel next week for a last fling Very Happy. Hope that clown and naff spice have gone by then. Oh dear, did you see the pics of her on a board Laughing I don't think boarding can be perceived as cool any more he, he.
snow conditions
Ohhhhhh she didn't?! Crying or Very sad
snow report
Fraid so NehNeh never mind you can always buy another plank and convert to skiing, its great fun in the powder Wink
snow report
Ah well thats your street cred gone! Laughing
snow conditions
How do you know with GPS which parts of the total mileage were spent on lifts?
ski holidays
oh yes she did! one tabloid showed a picture with price tags on her clothes - inc £400 Dior shades. The expense was obviously too much for her as she could not afford gloves! rolling eyes Her trousers had the words "Mogul Hop" written a few times down the outside seam - hideous (and also expensive, apparently).

looks like she just did a photo op on the nursury slopes as her back foot was out of the binding in all photos.

however, to her credit, at least she chose the "right" snowsport to be associated with! Laughing
snow report
here we go:

http://fan-sites.org/victoria-beckham/images/new/99.jpg

http://fan-sites.org/victoria-beckham/images/new/77.jpg

http://fan-sites.org/victoria-beckham/images/new/55.jpg

Edit - the website seems to have changed its pics and so those links no longer work. Sorry if you missed the delights of Posh as a boarder!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 15-04-04 17:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Mark,a guess really.usually knock a third off total.As lifts tend to go in a straight line,& pistes tend to meander there way down.
snow conditions
Tony.......Thanks for ruining the illusion!
Crist what the f#ck does she look like!Wrist bands & no hat/gloves & the most hideous sun glasses known to man!
She's Goofy too..........Man she needs to see a Dentist! Laughing
latest report
Mr T, I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing at the shame all you darksiders must be feeling. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
scraggsy, we darksiders are secure creatures and need not feel any shame.

We can differentiate between those who are truly drawn to the dark side and those who merely dabble in order to project a false image of themselves and get column inches...(as opposed to the other inches that Rebecca Loos got, allegedly Laughing )

Many will aspire, but only the worthy will achieve...
ski holidays
Tony, fair point however the secret is out and snowboarding has gone mainstream now thanks to Mrs fashion/style icon (ha ha) and as we know mainstream is just uncool. Admit it, you really want to ski Wink
snow report
scraggsy, you've been reading my post on the Riders' Profiles thread!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But it surely is a test for all ,apart from the most hardcore boarders! Wink
ski holidays
Interesting that she chose a Salomon deck rather than a Burton? Not up-to-date on the names of snowboarding????
snow report
with everything else going on, she didn't want anyone to think that she's gay. Laughing

disclaimer: that is not a homophobic comment, it is an anti-Burton comment inspired by Ride's unofficial trade show banner. thank you.
ski holidays
I thought the Beckhams liked to appeal to the alternative market?!
latest report
i saw montel he is really good he even managed to link his turn... chat show guru, snowboard legend
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy