Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kid's boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Great thing about kids, you can get any old boot, preferably one a mondo size or two too big so you can keep them a couple of seasons, pad them out with a few pairs of socks and they don't complain and can still ski better than you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davidof, ha ha funny but it's true! Just about to buy my lad new boots for this season when I realised that going for a third season in them could be a little cruel.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Indeed. I have taken various kids to various hire shops over the years and they've all skied happily all week in the first pair offered to them. They're cheap to hire as part of a package, especially with all the skimium discounts and despite having 6 skiing grandchildren I've given up the idea of buying them. Different if your kids ski all season, obviously, but for a week's holiday a year I reckon it's too much faff storing them and working out what fits whom. Same goes for skis. And helmets.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got my daughter a pair of Roxa Chameleon 2's:

http://www.roxa.com/junior.php?lang=2

They have 2 screws/pins in them that allow you to extend the boot size from 230 to 250mm, the lining at the toes stretches as the foot gets bigger
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Those Roxa's look good, does your daughter find them comfortable enough? also how much are they if you don't mind me asking?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My youngest got a 2nd hand pair from Snow and Rock for £19 - it was one of their trade inns. She uses them most weeks on dry ski slope and will use them when we go away on snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w, I agree with you Pam, it is very easy to hire, and although I have only two, it makes a lot of sense to just hire, and they never complain. I couldn't hire boots, but I hire all the rest even though we have two pairs of skis each in the attic. ( too much trouble to transport them)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@doddsie, sports direct do them http://www.roxa.com/junior.php?lang=2 £17.99

I got the pink ones, although they don't seem to be available at the moment.

No complaints, if anything she says they are too warm, but she loves them and I'm sure they will be good on the mountain.

We got them as it meant she had the same boots every week at her lessons, we know they fit her, and easy to put on.

Considering rental costs they will pay for themselves this season easily, and small enough to pack in the suitcase.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I bought my son his first pair of boots from ebay. Sold them 9 months later on ebay for a £5 more than I paid. Bought a "package" from someone on Gumtree - boots, skis, poles and helmet - for £50. The boots and skis only had 2 weeks use. The boots were okay but a bit soft and as he has just started basic race training I decided to get him decent boots. Also, As he got new, longer, skis last year I put put the boots and skis on ebay. Sold both for £25 more than I paid and still have the poles and helmet although the helmet has gone to a nephew as it was too small for my son.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i ve a couple of pairs of Girls Atomic Hawk JR's for sale if anyone interested.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did less well, bought a brand new pair of Lange race boots for my younger son in July, but his feet grew so much over summer they were too small before he got to use them at all. They'll be up FS soon.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What size are they Stu? My cousins daughter is looking for a pair. She was admiring Oscar's new boots when she was here a couple of weeks ago. I'll see them at the Bairns and Lassies race on Sunday so could mention it to them then. Are you there?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy