Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school help flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to put my two children in to ski school in Flaine but unsure of who to go with as no experience with either the ESF or the ESI. Any points or guidence would be appriciated. Children are 10 and 7 and have had private lessons a couple of times at the snowdome so can do snowplough turns.m

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Friends kids had some private lessons with Catherine Poopeville last season. Kids really enjoyed and their skiing seriously improved so much so that the 10 year old was whistling as she bombed down the reds.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you I have contacted Catherine today and unfortunatly she is already booked up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shame - maybe next time you're in Flaine. We also used Lynne Stainbrook, an American who explained everything. The adults really enjoyed it. Not sure how good he will be with kids. Trawl through the Snowheads archives and there'll be some reviews on his good work. I used to find by the afternoon my thighs would be on fire but after he corrected my poor posture and technique, I burn no more. I almost look like a poseur when skiing! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Linnylou26, a few years back now but our boys had group lessons with ESI and all very impressed at the time - we liked the ease of booking, friendly staff in the office etc, feedback to parents and boys, boys progressed very well daily, worked hard with much fun snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ESI every time - commitment to teaching in English and class size max of 8/9 - I ve seen ESF running trains of 16 in busy periods. n.b some details tho: ESF run a special pick out of the Ski out of P&V Flaine Montsoleil (not sure if they drop back but guess they do) and the ESI office and pick up/drop is at the Foret level ( i.e. if you are in Forum its an uphill a.m. commute). ESF is both Foret and Forum. AFAIK neither runs an all day inclusive other than a ski-creche for 3-5 year olds.

http://www.esi-flaine.com

http://www.esf-flaine.fr

Good luck !!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Linnylou26, We've used ESF for our son 2009-2012 classes were about 10 kids, instructors spoke English but there were some language barriers, entirely our fault of course. He didn't always get is badge if he hadn't made the grade which is good as they don't just hand them out regardless. It's easy to get from Forum to Foret if needed, use the short funicular or the yoghurt pots lift.
Based on @mishmash, I would try ESI next time were there.
FWIW the food in the Bisac self serve restaurant at the top of the yoghurt pot lift is great, particularly the Tartiflette Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Linnylou26,ESI has the better reputation in Flaine based on feedback I've heard from others. Where are you staying and when? As @mishmash, says, ESF pick up from Montsoleil so that might influence your decision.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am a 'graduate' of Flaine's ESF (albeit 30yrs ago) but after briefly using them for our kids, we switched to ESI a few years back and wish we had sooner.

I think they are way better for:
A) level if English and propensity to use it!
B) Class sizes
C) Coaching every child in the class
D) having more English speaking kids for yours to befriend

Obvious there is some variation by instructor, but in balance I think they are much better.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy