Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK ski magazines for the 2014/2015 season - what's out there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've seen the Daily Telegraph (what used to be the Daily Mail) Ski&Snowboard mag in the shops.
I haven't seen the SCGBb one though - anyone know if they still publish it?
Also, presumably Fall-Line is out there but just haven't seen it in my local WHSmith.
Then there's the once a season Snow magazine which has been pretty good in the past. Guessing they'll be handing out free copies at the Ski Show if they've published one this year.
There are the snowboard ones too.
I only recently found out about In the Snow www.inthesnow.com/ which claims to be the UK's most read ski magazine, but I don't know where you can get a printed copy from? Maybe they mean most read online?
Any others that people know about (printed or online)?
Also, any newspaper ski supplement recommendations? I've always found the Independent one pretty useful but I don't often read the paper so easy to miss when it comes out.
Thoughts/info appreciated.
Thanks.
Neil Neige
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to find that the US SKI and SKIING better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
I used to find that the US SKI and SKIING better.

Oh yes, I've heard of those.
Can you get printed copies here in the UK, or just for subscribers?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Neil Neige,

Check out the following link for ski mags manufacturers brochures etc etc. Some can be downloaded many thoug must be read online.

https://issuu.com/search?q=skiing

Bit of a pain at times searching as there is stuff for pretty much everything Evil or Very Mad

If you want to download you click on "share" and if it can be downloaded then you will see the word "download" just under and to the right of "share" outside the flash player box.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Neil Neige, I used to just buy them in WH Smith.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The SCGB magazine Ski+Board is no longer distributed via the newstrade (its forerunner Ski Survey had a paid circulation of 12,000 at one time, in addition to its membership circulation) ... as its sales had slumped to a few hundred. So Ski+Board is still posted to the SCGB membership.

In addition to the ones mentioned, there's a tabloid-format magazine called Skier and Snowboarder ... available at some shops and slopes ... and online ...

http://www.skierandsnowboarder.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Powder, Downdays and Fall Line are the best.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999, Fall Line still going? I thought they'd closed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, yep, still going!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got the telegraph magazine and it was terrible. About 1 in 8 pages was content and the rest adverts. One double page an advert for Norway, next a double page advert for a us resort.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, their snowboarding one closed, the skiing one is alive as ever.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Neil Neige, I got a paper copy of In the Snow last season by subscribing online and paying for the postage.

I subscribe to Fall Line (which has been almost entirely about Touring so far) and DTS&S which is quite advert heavy. Also, if you subscribe to the online newsletter you tend to get the article before you get the magazine.

I might have a look at some others.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy