Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks Off piste/backcountry courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at some off piste/back country courses for January. I came across a couple of courses with Snoworks - has anyone done one of these courses and can recommend them at all?

Alternative can anyone recommend good and reasonably priced of piste/back country courses in the alps? All recommendations welcome.

Thanks Happy

Joey
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends a little on what you wanna do Joey, and where.

Do you want to improve your skiing performance, avalanche skills and be guided to some awesome terrain?

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anywhere in the Alps is fine. I am keen on doing an off piste or backcountry course over 5 days or so, more of a guided tour with some advanced instructors. I am just interested in the ski experience as opposed to learning how to dig someone out of an avalanche!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@joeyg, I did the backcountry course in Tignes in 2013 and enjoyed it. I was not the biggest fan of the espace killy, but with snoworks, i got to explore the outstanding off piste oppurtunities there and i also got to do the tarrentaise tour and helicopter pick up from lac du chevril, which were both great. I was expecting a bit more tution to guiding that we got and we never did any video analysis which was disappointing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
joeyg wrote:
Anywhere in the Alps is fine. I am keen on doing an off piste or backcountry course over 5 days or so, more of a guided tour with some advanced instructors. I am just interested in the ski experience as opposed to learning how to dig someone out of an avalanche!

Mr Offpisteskiing may be your man:

http://www.offpisteskiing.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@joeyg, The snoworks courses should be fine for you. I've done their all terrain course a number of times and that is mostly off piste if the conditions allow. Friends were on the off piste course at the same time. You get to follow experienced off piste instructors into interesting terrain plus there's a good social side back at the MW hotel in the evenings.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
joeyg wrote:

Mr Offpisteskiing may be your man:

http://www.offpisteskiing.com/

+1.

PS- avalanche training in one form or other is likely to be part of the course. As it rightly should be.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joeyg wrote:
?. as opposed to learning how to dig someone out of an avalanche!

Instructors and guides are quite keen on this, if for no other reason it might be them that's buried while they are skiing with you.

Also check out skierchris signature above. Chris is a top Chamonix based instructor.

Depending on yours previous experience this might be of interest.
http://www.offpiste.org.uk/courses/ski-performance-for-mountaineers/

A friend of mine speaks highly on snoworks courses, Phil Smith who heads them up is one of the best instructors there is.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant, Thanks for the recommendations guys, all look really good!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy