Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to buy Snowboard Clothing/Gear in Munich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm travelling to Munich before my ski season in St Anton and am looking at buying some of my gear in Munich. Mainly clothing, does anyone know a good place to get it? Or where is the best place in Germany or Austria to get clothing, boots, board etc

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sport Conrad in Penzberg has a good selection and prices. Quite a few people here use their online shop without any worries.

In Munich itself you will be spoilt for choice, so it depends on how long you are planning to be there and what you want to buy. The following are the big shops:

Centre: Sport Scheck and Sport Schuster are pretty close to each other in the centre (S-Bahn from the airport to Marienplatz and then wander around using the street maps). Both excellent in terms of choice but not the cheapest unless you are very lucky or an odd size. Oberpollinger (part of the Karstadt group) may not be open but if they are still they have good prices but not much choice.
C&A in the same street as Oberpollinger has good basic stuff like thermal underwear and socks etc at good prices. Both are in the Neuhauserstrasse (the pedestrian precinct between Marienplatz and Stacchus (Karlsplatz)
A bit further out but easily reachable with the S-Bahn is Sport Bittl in Allach - enormous shop with an equally enormous range and good advice, some good bargains to be found.

There are also literally hundreds of small local shops as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you don't get a board before you arrive in resort, try asking in the shops once you arrive, if you are early enough they may still have some of last years stuff cheap. Some places also give you a seasonnaire discount and used to let you pay it off over the season (not sure if they still do this).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jennewein in St Anton USUALLY sell last seasons's kit at a nice price (+ seasonaire discount) in late November and early December. They used to let you pay it over the season as @Sitter says (leaving a deposit like credit card or passport though), but I think they may have stopped this after someone took the wee wee? Ask for Jeffrey if you do go there, nice guy and very helpful (as are most of them tbh).

Sport Bittl, as mentioned by @Samerberg Sue, look good from their website.

I'd also check out Black Sheep Sports in Munich - they stock lots of the smaller and more interesting brands, and seem to be a real 'skiers/boarders shop run by skiers/boarders.'

How are you travelling on from Munich? If you can get to Sport Conrad (Garmisch, I think... @Samerberg Sue?) they are often unbeatable on price, though I don't know how easy it is to get to their outlet on public transport.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, Sports Conrad are just off the A95 Munich to Garmisch autobahn at Penzberg. They also have an outlet shop selling some really good bargains (if you are there at the right time looking for those products) near to Weilheim on the B2. Quite easy to drop off the motorway, turn left into Penzberg and you are almost there!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@clarky999, Black Sheep and Blue Tomato are not as easy for non-Munich based people to find which is why I did not reference them
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy