Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski and snow show - I'm confused

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I went to the show in Manchester today for the first time and was hugely disappointed. I didn't know what to expect but what I got appeared to be a show with no focus. What is the aim of these shows, there weren't many sales stands for gear, nor any of the major brands showing their wares but there were a lot of people handing out magazines and resort broachers. Anyone know what these shows are supposed to be for?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Making the organiser and venue money mainly! I'd imagine a stand is very expensive which would put a lot of companies off.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Levi215 wrote:
what I got appeared to be a show with no focus.

When I experienced this I decided to go to a camera show.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Comedy Goldsmith, gold Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No focus at all ... Didn't think it possible to be worse than last year but they surpassed themselves!

Very few stands with new tech or gear ... Few stands selling the same tat that they didn't shift at the last show or in last 12 months ...

Only saviour was the EB stand that had made an effort & the free CF passes ... Apart from that save your pennies & your time!

Very poor Confused Confused
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dead format. The London one still seems to attract a fair few resorts but otherwise it's gap yah providers and jumble sale stands that are still overpriced relative to TK Maxx.
In 2 minds whether to pop in one evening next week or not. As I haven't scored a free ticket leaning toward not.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm very excited to see the Morzine village stand at the London Show- huge effort gone into it by small operators
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was disappointed with the Manchester show way too much space used for the catwalk the talks and the bike section at the back. They would do better i think to move it back to the city centre.

I did enjoy the Thunder Toffee Vodka though Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't see the point of these. You go to something which is just a bunch of adverts. No one gives anything away for free and you would be better or using the internet instead.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can't comment on the Northern show. We went to London last year, even though our holiday was already booked and the kids had fun. They enjoyed the Monarch game, ice skating etc and picked up various freebies such as a Verbier hat which my son accidentally left in Germany on a school trip. He is hoping to pick up another one this year Toofy Grin I enjoyed the waft of vin chaud and raclette. We talked to some interesting people eg those from the resorts and Emily Sarsfield.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking to go on Thursday also fri or sat does anyone have any up to date deals or even better free tickets to the London show .
Always enjoy it as you can see all the gear in one place .
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tirol 164 wrote:
Looking to go on Thursday also fri or sat does anyone have any up to date deals or even better free tickets to the London show .
Always enjoy it as you can see some gear in one place .

FIFY wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I went to the Manchester one last year. I must have lasted an hour if that. Boring, nothing happening what so ever. The most interesting part was the St Bernard dog.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're going to London at the weekend, Kids are doing the Riglet thing again and if you get a cheap ticket there are worse ways to spend a few hours than mooching about collecting freebies and pinching as much toffee vodka as possible. We'll be checking out the resort stands to find out the cheapest lift passes for small areas for the 15/16 season.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Probably popping in to the show on Saturday, not sure what time yet....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy