Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Higher - Free to Watch today

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.redbull.com/en/snow/events/1331683612414/red-bull-exclusive-jeremy-jones-higher-premiere

Best of the Trilogy - Jones is a beast Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perfect timing will watch tonight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
remember you only got until 8pm...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got it !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1hr 16 mins (ouch...... and lucky)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
norris, thanks for the heads up... That was well worth the watch!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A few entertaining min of my mate Luca, and a lot of Jeremy proving why I would not like to go skiing with him.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just sitting down to watch it Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you! Watching now!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good stuff. No surprises he's an ex racer.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Superb, this has got to one of the best movies I've seen in years...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Madness but awesome:)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow, the guy's crazy, but really well put together film !
snow conditions
glasgowcyclops wrote:

yeah, big download, 2 GB Shocked
snow conditions
Thanks for the heads-up ... it streamed beautifully to the telly through a Chromecast dongle. Cool

Nice film too and lovely footage, the climbing as much, actually more so than the boarding/skiing. Deepest Alaska looked fabulous and the ribs of snow were captured surprisingly well on the downhill through the headcam, and the sound of ice scraping on that oh-shit traverse was entertaining. Toofy Grin The Shangri-la mountain adventure in the Himalayas looked great but the downhill reward for effort not so much ... I don't think Jeremy Jones is going to hurry back there.
snow report
Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
Great movie well worth watching the stuff in Nepal was crazy snowHead

Thanks for posting the link Very Happy
latest report
davidof wrote:
glasgowcyclops wrote:

No I meant the avalanche Happy
snow conditions
Major thanks for the heads up !

OH is interviewing him next week and I'm tagging along.

Anyone have any questions they might like asked ?

These are two that a good mate is curious about...........

Questions.

In the context of having been making my own way up hill for many years with a variety of gear, Gav, I am sure you can help with the tedious detail of my investment, it's now boiled down to a split board and skins.

The situation has moved a long way from my Burton Split which I took on our week of Per's 'Grand Traverse', skins, bindings etc have all moved on. So much so, last Decembers investment in a Jones Solution Split has for the first time in a while moved my riding on! Yup, last season the board designed by your interviewee is a game changer!

So to my question, I think the Karakoram bindings I have moved across to are also game changers, so what is the next big 'up hill game changer' ?

Secondly, early on in the film, in the Tetons, JJ appears to be riding in climbing boots? Is this correct? I have my Scarpa Cumbre boots from trips up La Meije and Barre des Ecrins etc, I am interested if he rode down in high alpine climbing boots?
snow report
davidof wrote:
glasgowcyclops wrote:

Couldn't find a way of downloading it, wanted to watch it on the train later this week.

Regards,

Greg
snow report
http://fitwellboots.com/product/backcountry/

These boots above are out of italys alpine boot making region and are a option with lots of info on the net from Alaska to nz.

Jones is working for 32 boots now it wouldn't surprise me if has worn fitwells but as of this season 2015 starts to promote 32.

So far it looks low key with his name tagged on a std pair of 32 focus boas..... with more to come in the future.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 26-10-14 14:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
davidof wrote:
glasgowcyclops wrote:

Couldn't find a way of downloading it, wanted to watch it on the train later this week.

Regards,

Greg

Easy video downloader for Firefox......or just have a hunt on Piratebay Wink
latest report
Tirol 164, thanks for that, very nice boots, will pass that on to my mate.........

When I was doing a lot of snow board touring I used mini approach skis (90cm) with Dynafit front binding and then my boots were a very flexible two buckle low cuff touring boot, vibram sole etc and with hard boot bindings on my board, wasn't a bad setup, and a damn site easier than a split in those days.

But it was all the hassle of touring on a snowboard that saw my return to skis!
latest report
Idris wrote:
kitenski wrote:
davidof wrote:
glasgowcyclops wrote:

Regards,

Greg

Easy video downloader for Firefox......or just have a hunt on Piratebay Wink

Or you could actually buy the film when it comes out and help give something back to the film-makers who put a sh*t-load of time, effort and money into putting it together...!
ski holidays
Ta for the tip off - will try and get round to watching today.
Quote:
Or you could actually buy the film when it comes out.....
You appearing at some kind of comedy festival on snow this season offpisteskiing Toofy Grin ??
snow report
offpisteskiing, they've already offered it for nothing via this offer!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They didn't - Red Bull paid them a fair old whack to do this.
snow report
It's on Itunes for those that want to pay to see it.
ski holidays
Surely it should be "Jeremy Jones's Higher" and not "Jeremy Jones' Higher". Unless there were a number of people named Jeremy Jone...
latest report
Jeremy Jones is also another sponsored burton rider not certain if current but was more jib park I believe but he has the same name .
They probably will fire him .
latest report
Me and the OH spend 40 odd minutes one on one with him yesterday and was really interesting.

I'm not into many of these type of things, but he is quite different as he is just so passionate about the mountains as you would expect and split boarding and touring in general.

As I suspected he loves going up as much as coming back down!

And some of his views on skiers attitudes in the upper hierarchy were quite controversial.

OH will be knocking it up into an article.

We also nagged about La Grave and he said how Teton Gravity in their award winning film Almost Ablaze has some "awsome" LG footage
Here's the trailer
http://youtube.com/v/036S6vboR_M
ski holidays
Quote:

Surely it should be "Jeremy Jones's Higher" and not "Jeremy Jones' Higher". Unless there were a number of people named Jeremy Jone...

Nope, Jones' is correct. You don't put a second "s" on names/nouns that already end in an "s".

Hence "In Jesus' Name", not "In Jesus's Name" for the evangelically inclined....
ski holidays
Weathercam where do we read the article on here I assume.
latest report
@Tirol 164, I'll post an extract on here but the main article will be from the link below which is the OH's baby - I have to be careful as the righteous on here will accuse me of spamming etc

We talked a fair bit about where the development of touring kit had come from (me on my approach skis) and was going and how the cost of entry to do back country was somewhat prohibitive to many - eg karakoram bindings retailing at around £550

Anyway I'm passing on going up to the Ski Show tomorrow to help the OH on interviewing a load of grommets, after yesterday will seem somewhat superfluous rolling eyes
ski holidays
i went to the showing yesterday at Union chapel. great venue and great film. Managed to get a pic with him and a signed poster to finish the evening off Very Happy
snow report
@snow_badger, nice one - my daughter was there last night and said how good it all was.

Shoreditch sure has changed from when I used to live and work in London Shocked
latest report
Quote:

how the cost of entry to do back country was somewhat prohibitive to many - eg karakoram bindings retailing at around £550

You can tour pretty well on standard bindings + voilé plates though. Spark bindings are great and are half the price of Karakorm too.
ski holidays
@stevomcd, I know, been there seen it done it over the years, one of the reasons I and a few others went back to skiing.

For if you're touring terrain possibly well away from an area / routes that you are used to week long hut to huts etc, and don't have the luxury of selecting the day and the terrain so you have to deal with the conditions on the day then it can be a complete feckin nightmare.

For the following reasons.

Standard bindings are useless at holding a traverse on hard pack (ice) spring snow and various other snow pack, even with crampons on, as there's simply no rigidity.

Putting together a Voile splitboard at 3,500m in a howling gale with minus 25 windchill is not much fun, especially for the skiers all waiting for you to try and do it.

A big steep ascent in deep powder involving circa 40 odd kick turns can be so draining that at the summit you're too fecked for the descent !

Plus the Voile plates and system, apart from weighing a ton were notorious for bits breaking, resulting in carrying a load of dead weight in spares.

And once you descend and you end up with a long traverse / pole out then just trying to take the board apart / back together again to try and pole is a mare of the highest proportions.

Take a look at some the Karakoram vids of the guys skiing on their boards and you'll get some idea of the advantages of the system - that said my mate on his still took an age to break his board down to get poling.

Know a fair few who have splitboards in their quiver, but are often less than keen to go out on them, and I can't blame them!

Sorry further edit - we did agree that the good old way of donning some snow shoes is still a damn good way of getting away from the hordes. When I have snow boarding mates visit and they fancy a day away from it all, they rent snow shoes and I take them out on routes that I know to be snowboard friendly as it were giving them a good taster.

Think last year there were a few Snowheads on boards that did the St Christophe descent off the back of La Grave on the off piste week and that's tough, but a real feel good factor at achieving it on a board, though not too sure that they would relish the prospect of doing it for five days in a row!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy