Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'FORCE MAJEURE' ... new Swedish movie about avalanche-threatened family

Poster: A snowHead

'Force Majeure' won a Jury Prize at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year. It's about a family on a well-earned ski holiday who get seriously scared by imminent avalanche risk ... a father's relationship to that family ... and a useful dose of dark comedy.

Should be out in the UK soon. It's releasing in the US now.

Trailer + review links: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152803870285761&set=gm.1505402813079819&type=1&theater
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In case anyone's interested (in this aspect of things), the UK distribution of the movie has been acquired by Artificial Eye / Curzon Film World

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_Eye

Given the subject matter, I guess they will want to screen it during winter. We'll see.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Released on 10th April. Just in time for the EoSB. The trailer is definitely intriguing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just been to see this at Glasgow Film Theatre. Absolutely fantastic. I am not a great fan of foreign language films but I absolutely loved this. The feeling of a family skiing holiday is superbly well done. The moral dilemma is really well captured.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JohnMo wrote:
I am not a great fan of foreign language films

What I hate is when they don't subtitle them, like Ratcatcher and My Name is Joe.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JohnMo, @davidof makes me want to ask - there were subtitles, yes?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having now watched the trailer, it was probably in English Blush
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No it is subtitled (the family are Swedish) with a few English conversations when they converse with non-Swedes. Great film go and watch it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. It isn't a ski movie, it's a movie set in a ski resort. Some of the shots are amazing both for the look and the mood they create. Very atmospheric, quite amusing and not recommended if you have trust issues with your current partner.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I somehow managed not to mention this advert. Am I alone in finding the chappie with the hair-dryer rather familiar? :

http://youtube.com/v/3tX0RUqrjMw?t=5s
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@little ms spock, Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
from the trailer - i think it looks dreadful!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bobhitch, hope not, going to see it Monday. It's snow, and it can't be worse than Chalet Girl! Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Watched it last night via Apple TV, from the USA store where it's already been released. Was actually on their top seller list, probably helped as a result of a cheap $0.99c sale price.

Really excellent psychological drama. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it generated much discussion about motivation, individual perspective, and concepts of self image. The quiet desperation of everyday life exposed in a moment of crisis. A sense of tension, beautifully maintained by the cinematography, maintained throughout the length of the movie.

It's a film set in a ski resort, that's not about skiing. It's about humans, under pressure both external and internal.

Hope that doesn't put anyone off though, nor should the subtitles, since it's also pretty funny.

Would make a great date movie..... sort-of.... Although could well put both parties off family skiing trips for life. Or indeed family life generally Wink
snow report
@snaftel, thanks for the review. Sounds really good, my sort of film. Hope OH doesn't read this though. I sold it to him on snow, skiing and avalanches! snowHead

I've paid for the tickets now so hope he's not too disappointed!
ski holidays
On @JohnMo's recommendation went to see it during the week (again at Glasgow Film Theatre). Very good - the amount of skiing decreases as you go through the film, but the film itself gets better. Good balance between humour and seriousness.

It was much better than the trailer made it look.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy