Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Motor insurance for a season in the alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm struggling to find anyone who will do van insurance with a trip length of more than 90 days any one out there with any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know if they do van insurance, but for my car I used LV. They were happy with up to 180 days.

However, if you are happy with third party insurance, then you don't need special insurance within the EU. There is a thread on here somewhere about it, with links to the relevant .gov websites explaining.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks lv seem ok with vans too!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try PolicyExpert, they managed to get a normal policy for me with no time limit from a company who normally specify 90 days.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My LV policy was a very good buy (better than Direct Line or comparison sites came up with when I did some searches recently, as it comes up for renewal at the end of next week). Haven't had any claims to test them out - but they have quite a good reputation.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are happy with third party cover you already have it.

Your UK insurance will (as far as I know, unless they changed the laws) cover 3rd party liability in Europe, and even if you get a comprehensive policy and go past the limit of days you are still legal to drive and covered 3rd party.

I used to have a policy with LV because of 180 days and was also a good price anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy