Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding choice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello again

I've just ordered a pair of Line Sick Days 95, and I ordered with them some Look NX12s although it was a bit in the heat of the moment. Now with a bit of time to think about it I'm questionning my choice of bindings, most forum threads seem to say you need the all metal DIN18 bindings because everything else breaks which I know is not the case and I remember having a similar dilema when I bought the bindings for my last skis (Rossi Axial2s).

Me : 70kg prob around 50/50 on off piste, don't jump off cliffs or anything (although you never know what the future holds) wouldn't say I'm a particulairly aggressive skier although sometimes have to play keep up with some crazier people

So bearing in mind my description above do you think the Look NX12s are suitable for me and my type of skiing or should I really be looking for something a bit more robust?

My choices seem to be
LOOK NX12 : 88€
Rossi Axial3 : 160€ (new version of my old bindings it would seem)
Marker Griffon : 130€
Head attack 13 : 150€ (seem to be a new binding which makes me hesitant compared to the others which seem to be a lot more tried and tested)

Thanks very much
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why don't you recycle your old ones? We have had some experience of the Attack13's, great little binding and more than ample for you, as is the Griffon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At your weight, you certainly won't need the DIN 18 version of the binding. At a guess you'll be skiing with them set to approx. DIN 7? All of those you list will probably be fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They seem adequate for your weight and standard tbh.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't want to recycle my old bindings as I want to have the option to use my old skis still or lend to friends etc and also the brake width isn't wide enough and from what I've read changing brakes can be a bit of pain

Thanks for your replies I was mostly thinking the same that any of them would do, just keep wondering if in a couple of years time I'm ever going to find myself stood at the top of something thinking "I'd like to have something more robust" although I'm sure it'll be more like "this run looks awesome"
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy