Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daughter starts at Radstadt Ski Club

Poster: A snowHead
So..... after taking to the snow at about 3 yrs old, Mabel (my daughter) has just joined and had her first session at Radstadt Ski Club.
At the moment the club has indoor training in the gym. In November they get to ski early at Reiteralm.

As Mabel is only 6 and they haven't assessed her skiing yet, she is on a 'welcoming' period until they decide to chuck her out!

Needless to say she has been going on at me for over a year to join and had a fantastic time last night!

We'll see how things go from here.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flangesax wrote:

We'll see how things go from here.....

In 10 years time you will probably following her around the WC circuit wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...maybe i should start the crowd funding now then!

...but spend it on beer...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go Mabel Toofy Grin

Is it wise to mention my infatuation with female, blonde, British ski racers ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go Mabel, indeed! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf, Mabel is also sleeping in room 5 at present..... remember who used that room?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well done Mabel! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yay! Go Mabel snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh god, I couldn't keep up with her when she was four! rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go Mabel! snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yay mabel!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tarquin, me neither!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax wrote:
Timberwolf, Mabel is also sleeping in room 5 at present..... remember who used that room?
If I recall, it was Mabel using the room, making herself comfy in the bed, which surprised Timberwolf as it was his Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I shared a split bed with Timberwolf too, does he make a habit of such things?

Well done Mabel, I have a feeling that her competitive urge is going to kick in big time Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tarquin, Toddler the F up!!!
snow report
Scarpa, Funny that Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

I couldn't keep up with her when she was four!

Laughing Go Mabel! snowHead
snow report
Tarquin, i think she told you so too!
snow report
Scarpa, listen, if you felt special for that one magical night, just leave it at that wink.........xxx
latest report
Laughing Laughing
latest report
Laughing

Scarpa wrote:
Well done Mabel, I have a feeling that her competitive urge is going to kick in big time

I suspect you're right!
latest report
flangesax, She said "You will follow me!" (With a great bit of German lilt), I said "But Mabel, I'm not very good", She said "I don't mind..."
Awww... Very Happy
snow report
Tarquin Laughing
snow conditions
Tarquin, Laughing
snow report
Tarquin, Laughing
snow report
Reminiscent of the day Mabel, Zeb and Timberwolf lost me in the woods. I'm way too slow for those doods... wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 24-10-14 21:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I do remember that QB, I thought I was gonna have to ditch the skis and search for you on foot wink
ski holidays
So.... a bit of time has passed!...
Mabel had weekly indoor sessions,returning home absolutely red faced and puffed out!
As the snow was a little late this year they started snow training just after Xmas.
As Mabel is 6 she is not able to compete for another year or so. This means she is attending all of the 'technic' snow sessions rather than any pole sessions.
Between Xmas and the NY she had a 5 day course for 4 hours a day. Now they meet every Monday for a couple of hours in the afternoon (Hannes Reichelt's mum was her trainer last Monday!) She also has her PE lessons with school on a Wednesday afternoon. She can join a ski club group for these sessions and did last week as she wabted to ski with her mates. At the end of it she moaned because they were all too slow!...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@flangesax,

Sounds like she is really enjoying herself, which is the main aim at her age.

Has she got more pairs of skis than you yet Puzzled
ski holidays
@flangesax, snowHead she must be a real little hot shot now. Is she keen to compete, or does she just enjoy the training and the cameraderie?
ski holidays
Can't wait to catch up with all you guys again, although it seems I'm never going to catch up with Mabel... snowHead
snow report
@flangesaxSounds fantastic. My daughter came home from Ski Club one day and said she had a new trainer. On the Saturday she had a race and I went there to watch. Her new trainer was Marina Kiehl, Olympic Downhill Gold Medallist at the 1988 Calgary Olympics.

Very Happy

The coaching really is excellent and I'm sure your daughter will progress very rapidly. As long as she enjoys it at that age.
snow conditions
Just Happy
snow report
Mabel is sure as heck going to have no interest in skiing with me again. Sad
snow conditions
Looking forward to the day we are asjed to Sponsor.... Go Mabel!
ski holidays
@queen bodecia, I asked her if she wanted to ski with me a couple of weeks ago and was firmly told I was too slow for her now and she does not want to hang around waiting for people! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed So much for all the picking up we all did in the past! wink
latest report
@Samerberg Sue, I hope we are fast enough to be in Mabel's fan club supporting from the sidelines... wink
latest report
@queen bodecia, she's being taught by Hannes Reichelt's Mum at the moment, so I doubt it! We will just have to wait in the Finish area and cheer like crazy! wink
snow report
'ello...
An update for snowHead 's...

Last season (14/15) Mabel raced in 3 ski club races as a Bambini II (U7) and also her school race.
She placed 3rd in 2 of the club races and 3rd in her School race.
All the races were RTL (a GS styled race).

This season's races (15/16) have got off to a slow start due to snow conditions.
Her first race was a slalom race and is also the first time that she has ever trained and raced for slalom.
She placed 5th and loved it!
ski holidays
@flangesax, LIKE.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy