Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2014/2015 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon, Sixt & a NEW PISTE??!

Poster: A snowHead
Shocked

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 19-08-15 16:30; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice one carroz, got the impression somebody upset you a while ago and you might not have started this years thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 13-02-15 21:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cool got to wait till march for this years grand massif visit hasn't let me down in the last 7 years hopefully this year will be a good one, roll on christmas so I can get back on the snow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hopefully, it will start dumping with snow ready for the 13th Dec.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 13-02-15 21:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fingers crossed for all of us heading there!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1. About to get Season pass and looking forward to more powder mornings than last year, although we still got quite a few last season despite the relatively warm winter.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 13-02-15 21:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agreed, from mid Jan and most of Feb had quite a few great mornings. 10.am one morning, first down Veret after big snowfall, was my best run ever! Very Happy I hope for many more like that! Regarding last season,Agree that April was v. poor, I didnt bother much in last 2 weeks of season. We must be due another great season like the 11/12 & 12/13 ones!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 13-02-15 21:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I guess that banner rotating over your name must mean we should be wishing you Happy Birthday today!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 13-02-15 21:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lucky her, I just wish I hadn't got going at 50 years older than that! But now the focus is on making up for lost time......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Checking in for this winters thread. First trip 11th Jan, can't wait.
snow conditions
Going out on the 24th Jan. so pleased to be going back. Bring on the snow...was so good in 2013
snow report
Webcams looking good earlier Happy
snow conditions
Not just me looking at the webcams then Very Happy
snow report
No I'm checking every day Very Happy
latest report
Just once a day.............I think not Very Happy
snow report
I had a look today snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Was nice to see the snow falling, although the Flaine cams have been errrrrrr let's say a little grey and murky
ski holidays
@Colinski, Try looking at Les Carroz top of the telecabine view. It has historical photos so you could look back to earlier today.
ski holidays
@snowymum, thanks, I been watching them all Very Happy staying in morillon at Xmas so keen to see snow all over grand massif.
snow report
Although it's unlikely I'll be there this season I'll follow this thread with interest
ski holidays
Is it mine eyes, or are there a raft of new webcams, particularly in the Flaine zone, over at the Grand Massif website?

http://winter.grand-massif.com/webcams/station/flaine

Ideal! :0)
ski holidays
I think all bar 17 & 19 are from a camera that seems to be located not far from the bottom of the Grand Vans Chairlift. 17 and 19 are taken from the Tete de Saix area towards Flaine.
snow conditions
A big dump in the GM & still snowing a few new pictures on Flaine snow report taken in the last few hours it's on Facebook can't wait off there in 4 weeks Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know it's sad but the first I do each morning once I've got my coffee is check the GM webcams. The snow seems to be slowly working its way down the mountain. Only 29 days to go now Very Happy
ski holidays
My Friends just came back last night & it was still snowing they said it was down below 1100 meters on the mountain well below les Carroz Very Happy
snow report
@Mutley, nice to hear that Very Happy

@897sma, coffee and webcams here too Very Happy
snow report

Looks ski season has started in Flaine

Better view here http://hiver.grand-massif.com/resources/webcam/photos/thumbs/grand-massif_flaine-16007_e5d76b6b5c4a183ce9c4c829be3cbfe0c4aa41f4.jpg
snow report
@897sma, lookin good Very Happy
snow conditions
I'm considering Flaine for the boys ski weekend this season. It's not until early March but looks good pre-season Toofy Grin
latest report
We went this Saturday to see how things were and got a bit of skiing in, albeit without lifts obviously.

Snow was all ready pretty good at just above Les Carroz.
latest report
Looking forward to returning to Morillon after 2 years away. Tried Chatel and Alpe d'Heuz. Can't wait to zoom from the Tete de Saix via sairon down to 1100. My fav run in France. Roll on 24th Jan. snow dancing started. 😀
ski holidays
Quote:

looks good pre-season

was looking good. Now melting rapidly.
ski holidays
@pam w, did look great......now looks terrible. Anyone else doing the fingers crossed snow dance Smile
snow report
I'm thinking I'm glad I'm going in March Toofy Grin However I remember there was no snow in Les Carroz the day before it was due to open last year. Then there was a large fall of snow and I think it opened on time.
snow conditions
Quote:

I'm thinking I'm glad I'm going in March

I'm thinking I'm glad I'm not going till Christmas. I could show you some late February pictures of loads of grass, @snowymum, which would make you worry about March. Conditions three weeks before you go are pretty well irrelevant. Lovely conditions can turn into rubbish and - thankfully - the reverse can happen too.

I recall some huge early November falls some years ago and people getting frightfully excited. Those of us muttering about freezing levels above 3000m in the following few weeks were derided. Then - it all melted and it was touch and go whether it would get cold enough to blow enough snow for piste skiing at Christmas.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy