Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
@primoz, it is absolutely dumping down here and as @waynos, said the avi risk has gone to 4. I haven't seen it snow this heavily all season and its due to continue all night. The moonlit tour will be decidedly "un-Moonlit" but the ski down at midnight will be Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just seen the Flachau webcams Shocked Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Zauch webcam is simply a white square!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Kooky Smile So xc skiing back home it is for tomorrow, and will see how it will go from Saturday on... afterall it's just less then 1.5h drive and I'm there Smile But if you will have some update further on through weekend with more "skiable news", I would appreciate it Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
epic today, if possible the snowfall has intensified in last couple of hours and temps have dropped a few degrees. Snowfall down to schladming town. Tomorrow set to be pretty epic, though of course high avi risk particularly above treeline. Temps set to fall further and stay cold for at least the easter weekend and maybe beyond. Happy days.

o
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Heavy wet snow falling in shed loads here in Altenmarkt, but the temperatures are really dropping fast so it should be quite interesting tomorrow! Toofy Grin

Avi warnings being pushed on all the media; first time in ages I've heard them on the radio and seen warnings on TV. Probably due to the quantities expected and the poor surfaces binding the various layers under the new stuff. Also it is going to be heavily loaded on lee slopes as the wind is still officially "hurricane force". Glad I don't/can't ski off-piste any more so I won't even be tempted. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad The knees are simply too fooked to risk it even if the new skis will make it easier! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Loads of snow over the last two days here in Hinterglemm. This afternoon consisted of tip toeing down blind or being snow blasted. Rained a little between 4-6pm in the village but then must've snowed about 5-10cm in little more than an hour since. Sirens have been going off recently.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well the Moonlight tour was amazing! We took some video, the blizzards were so strong at some points you just couldn't see where the heck you were Shocked Lots of people were turning round and going back down.
but there were still about 350 at the top. The ski down was probably one of the best ever, still absolutely puking down at 2am, and I had to have help getting the car out the carpark as we were totally stuck, and had to stop and help a few others who were snowed in a bit further down the road.
I have really not seen snow like this in ages, Scarpa took some pics which we´ll post later.....need to get out now as ski that powder, today will indeed be epic.
@waynos, you up in Schladming or Zauchensee?

@primoz, sounds probably better as I think the roads will be absolute chaos today, there were cars all over the place last night
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kooky, tree skiing

http://youtube.com/v/l0THZPWh8Gk
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Powder.....

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
more pics of today's powder

Timberwolf !!

scarpa ripping it big
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'M COMING! !!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@waynos, Twisted Evil

What another fantastic day with you all, gutted I have to work today as its snowing heavily again! I actually found a bit of twig in my hair today Shocked
BTW....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kooky, cheers. I'm on an airport run this morning but will get out this afternoon in yet more fresh
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@waynos, A brillant day... and it's still snowing lightly Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Fabulous pics, unbelievable conditions for April. Not jealous at all, sob...
ski holidays
Still snowing or? As i was looking webcams it felt more like rain even up on Gamskogelhutte around 1900m high.
ski holidays
still lots of decent snow today. Did I mention the lack of lift queues, extremely quiet today.
latest report
@primoz, was snow in Schladming from probably 1000m, I think it said -2 at 1900, 0 around 1100 this afternoon. a tad damp lower down. The next few days look to be a bit colder and more snow about.
snow report
Oh what the hell its just 1.5h drive to Flachauwinkel, some 20mins less if i dont care much about speed limits, and they stopped making only left xc ski track here. So im there tomorrow and hope for best Smile Thanks for info Waynos Smile
snow report
More snow overnight down to the valley, an agreeable minus 9 on the hill, al means another April powder day.
latest report
How is this possible, those photos must be fake. Everyone knows Ski Amadé is too low for decent snow........ wink
snow conditions
Fabulous day in the Wagrain-Alpendorf/St Johann section with about 20 or 30 cms of light fluffy powder on the pistes, so God knows how good/deep the off piste was. Not a sound from either skis or snowboards most of the day. Descents to valley level were outstanding with only short sections of slushy water-rich snow near the bottom of the valley runs. We must have been teleported to another "high level snowsure" location @Alastair Pink, as everyone knows Austria is too low for Easter skiing! wink snowHead Laughing Laughing

More snow forecast for tomorrow and tailing off on Tuesday, then wall to wall sunshine with low temperatures until Saturday/Sunday. What's not to like? Laughing Cool Cool
ski holidays
That all looks terrific. snowHead
latest report
Driest powder of Easter today. Some proper April showers, suddenly going from sunshine to a cloud burst of snowfall.

My boy during a cloud burst

and moi during a sunny period

Was soooo quiet on the hill - where is everyone?
ski holidays
@waynos, queuing for a lift in France? Twisted Evil
snow report
@Kooky,

No , dead here also .
ski holidays
Conditions are soooo good. An epic day today around Schladming, did a couple ski tours up and scored piles of totally untracked mountains. Out with Kooky and Scarpa. Heavy snow showers during the day BUT late afternoon the heavens opened temps dropped. Snowing very strong ever since and in town at 750m 20-25cms of fresh fluffy snow and still piling it down.

Was a BIG avi at Zauchansee today, naturally triggered , size 4, started high above popular off piste area, no one thought to be caught. https://www.facebook.com/LWDSalzburg?__mref=message_bubble

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lots of info here on the Zauchansee avalanche http://www.lawine.salzburg.at/ereignisse/index2.php?id=81
My google translate based summary.
Seems like root cause was season long depth hoar due to shallow snow depth followed by cross loading of gullies during recent storms and then a small natural trigger created the bigger secondary slide.
ski holidays
@waynos, that was a big one, thank God no one caught in it, it´s really close to the Garden.

Today rates as one of the best off piste days and the way its been puking down this afternoon tomorrow looks to be even better Madeye-Smiley I will be there with you all in spirit.
(actually I will be gnashing my teeth and juggling with rusty razor blades I am that jealous! )

Stay safe and have fun, and don´t let my son jump off too high cliffs Twisted Evil
snow conditions
@Kooky, are you sking later in the week or working?
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, got to work tomorrow...gaaahhhh...breaks my heart but I am off Wednesday again, please let it stay cold!
snow conditions
@Kooky, message me when you know where you are going...no off piste for me but we can catch up maybe. Had a great morning at radstadt with new skis today. .got my mojo working, in every sense
snow report
Ok, Austrian season's over, it's too low anyway, so this thread can be deleted now please Neh Neh
latest report
@Tarquin, er...schladming and zauch later this week
snow report
@holidayloverxx, As good as, there won't be any snow. Delete. Laughing
ski holidays
@Tarquin, MASSIVE POWDER DUMP ALERT!!! Been out enjoying it today Cool It was just that crappy snow though, the stuff that only hangs in the air as a cloud for 10 seconds after you pass before it drifts back down to earth wink
snow conditions
Another cracking day, yet another 30-40cms of fresh dry snow overnight. May last for tomorrow but then spring returns - so slushy bump time Madeye-Smiley

ski holidays
Some nice looking fresh around (beginners group for me this week so no chance to enjoy). Fun and games getting to work today, road is shut between Tweng and Obertauern so had to go the long way (whic included sitting still on the Tauern Autobahn for over 20mins)
latest report
@Sitter, you were lucky then, they shut it just past Flachau this morning while controlled avalanches were carried out and the debris removed. I had to drive over to flachau from Altenmarkt at around 09:00 and wondered why there was so little traffic heading north.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy