Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
@Tom W, yep, true that!Also there is a vast amount of space between the back of Zauchensee(little blue T bar at the top of Black10) over to Obertauern....now that would be a long gondola Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The problem seems to be opening new terrain. The most sensible is to link Flachau Winkl by 2 chair lifts to the top-liner at Wagrain side of Flachau.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good news. Dorfgastein due to open to mid-station on Saturday.

Also Grossarl.

http://www.grossarltal.info/bergbahn/skiinfo.pdf?ref1=http://www.grossarltal.info/en/winter/skiing-holiday/current-skiing-information.html
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It should be really good conditions by the time I arrive Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My 50-day countdown has begun... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@queen bodecia, My 5 day countdown has begun.... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Similar with the 5 day countdown... Very anxious wait! Apparently a decision is going to be made today about if the gastein Valley area will open this weekend.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Apparently a decision is going to be made today about if the gastein Valley area will open this weekend.

Sportgastein to open on Saturday. It's susceptible to closure due to strong winds though, which are forecast.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any word on angertal or badhofgastein?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great to see pics and reports of snow in the area. I'm heading for St Johann on Boxing Day.

Any Snowheads Apres Bar / Evening Bar tips for St Johann would also be appreciated
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Any word on angertal or badhofgastein?

A lift attendant told me today that they hope to get Stubnerkogel open at the weekend down to Angertal. Nothing official yet.
Dorfgastein now open Friday.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowheads68, thank you very much! That is very reassuring to hear.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hochkoenig have been blowing snow for the last few days whenever the temps have allowed it and the lift company have confirmed they will open 2 lifts tomorrow and another on Saturday from the pass between Muhlbach and Dienten. From what I can see on the webcams, they will open more on the Maria Alm side as well hopefully, but can give a full on the ground report on Sunday...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes. They announced the opening of the lifts in Hochkoenig on Twitter today. Brought a smile. I arrive in Muhlbach on the 27th.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flachau opens on saturday, achterjet for uplift to mid station and skiing above
Edit - looks open now - people on the Starjet and achterjet and skiing Very Happy
http://www.bergfex.com/flachau/webcams/c3276/
http://www.bergfex.com/flachau/webcams/c46/
latest report
My first update of the season via proxy in near real time.

I've sent out an advanced party of my youngest ankle biters to check conditions for me whilst I toil away back in the UK for wee bit longer.
This morning on Planai, Schladming seems to have open lifts, piste, snow & I'm reliably informed warm huts selling yummy bauern krpafen.
Skiing to mid station.

ski holidays
@waynos, Good work advanced scouts Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Lets hope for a cold snap that turns the rain expected later this week into a major dumperama
latest report
@waynos, very dear little faces. Blush
snow report
Spent the day up at Planai too, and despite the lack of natural snow, it was actually a great warm up day to the season. Several runs open and earlier in the day very reasonable. Things were pretty scratchy come 3pm so the forecast snow on Tuesday will be welcome. Hochkoenig still just with a couple of lifts open until further snow... We'll be heading off to Obertauern tomorrow or perhaps Kitzsteinhorn to explore a little higher.
snow report
Went to Obertauern yesterday. Good cover of snow and most slopes open. Not too busy either.
ski holidays
bathgate7 wrote:
Yes. They announced the opening of the lifts in Hochkoenig on Twitter today. Brought a smile. I arrive in Muhlbach on the 27th.

Good news! Which twitter account are you following?

I too will be travelling to Dienten on the 27th. Cannot wait.
snow report
@hochkoenig1

It's hardly a prolific account and of course it's in German but even I can understand Saisonstart!

There are only 3 lifts in Dienten open so far, the third being a T bar opening today. Snow can start any time it likes but that's hardly news Smile

Have a great trip.
ski holidays
I was skiing today at Flachau and Wagrain with two friends. We went up the Flying Mozart gondola to the top on the Flachau side, then skied down to take the starjet 3 back up to the top. We then skied down to the G-link and went across to the Wagrain side and up to the Grafenberg. Some quite nice snow conditions at the top of the Grafenberg so we stayed some time there and had a late lunch at the Hachau Alm. We then skied down to the G-link, the snow was fine apart from the last 100 yards or so which was quite patchy ( the piste to the valley was closed below the G-link connection). Once we'd gone back across to the Flachau side we downloaded from the Flying Mozart middle station as the piste below that was closed. Not a bad first day's skiing, but very much a case of " the best conditions are on the upper slopes" Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
We went to dorfgastein on Sunday and it was awful, the worst conditions I have ever skiied on. Sportgastein yesterday was nice at the start of the day but it got a bit ropey towards the end of day as only 3 runs were open and it got pretty warm. Today we went up to Kaprun and the conditions up there are good if you are struggling in the gastein valley.
snow report
pam w wrote:
@waynos, very dear little faces. Blush
Aren't they just?! Very Happy
snow conditions
@Pedantica, they definitely take after Mrs Waynos Twisted Evil
snow report
@Kooky, of course.

Facebook tells me link between Hauser kaibling and planai opened today. That makes for a reasonable amount of linked skiing.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@waynos, is it artificial or is it the real stuff?
snow report
@NE1, I assume it's a mix, but will be topped up nicely at the weekend, hopefully!
snow report
Very nice on the Planai today. 2 cm fresh, -3C and snow cannons pumping. #2 from top to middle station was good at first lifts.

Some more fresh will bring things on well.
ski holidays
@waynos, just driving home tonight I noticed all the canons going full on and its plus 3 degrees. I just hope and pray that the rain that was lashing down in Salzburg dosnt head here as rain will wash all of it away.
ski holidays
Obertauern is in good shape bearing in mind lower than average snowfall. 80% of pistes open. More look ready now from last night's natural snow and 24 hours of snow cannon pasting. First visit here with family so not tried the apres and the resort is quiet in any event. I think it is a place I'd return to, perhaps without the kids. Hats off to the snowmakers....
ski holidays
@Blastfromthepast, if you do go back be sure to visit the Lurzeralm, it rocks big time in the season and the food is excellent.
ski holidays
@Kooky, lurzeralm indeed looks fantastic. Had a couple of lunches there and the food was terrific. Weather warmer today and lower pistes have suffered a little but still great conditions bearing in mind the low snowfall to date. Thoughts with those with less snow. My kids would be unbearable if they couldn't get out there....night skiing now...
ski holidays
@Blastfromthepast, I was up there today, didn't see you wink
I had lunch in the Edelweissalm ( that also belongs to the Lürzer group of huts and hotels) and I now have a new favorite place for Goulash soup!

I thought the pistes were in great condition, especially the ones on the Kringsalm side of the valley. There were an awful lots of large school groups about today so I did try a few off piste runs but TBH there just isn´t the snow depth and I really don't want to trash my bases, patience patience.........
ski holidays
Going by the webcams and temperature forecasts looks like we will have to venture away from Hochkonig during our visit.

Still, just being away from work etc has its benefits Smile
snow report
I and my friends had a very pleasant day at Obertauern with blue skies and sunshine ( which I've heard is a bit of a rarity there?).
The food at the Lurzeralm was very good and we all liked the slide down to the toilets. Laughing
snow report
Skied Reiteralm today, very pleasant session in warm sunshine. Piste were a mix of soft snow and hard pack in the shade. Surprised that we could ski back to valley at 750m, giving over a 1000m vert, not bad considering lack of snowfall, not too bust either.
ski holidays
@Blastfromthepast, Manke bar. Always a blast and you can ski back down in the dark
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy